..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I've always liked those Rugers too, but the basic blued version like this one. Maybe one day I'll buy one, as they aren't terribly expensive!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I like my Rugar, but it has stuff I don't like about it, like that Euro mag release, and take down is a pain.
Other than that it's a really well machined work of art. The newer Smith 22 pistol is a great gun also, been looking at one of those also, and they have more accessories for it out.
Another competitor is the Beretta Neo, It shot better for me than the Rugar,

I have the one with the dark blue :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Looks very 'futuristic'!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

It's a good shooter, but yeah, kind of Buck Rodgers looking :laugh:
I had two, but gave one away to a caring home :) they still talk about how fun it is.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Technology changes, it does!

Here is the first successful pistol in the entire world (German, of course) that had a removable magazine... You can see how the Luger was kinda styled similar, as he tried to improve upon the original design, and which will always be forever known as the 'Nazi Pistol', even though that isn't entirely accurate!

This one is housed at a public museum here in Alberta, Canada...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

German, it was a stolen idea from the Maxim Machine gun :teehe:
Really all gun makers take each others ideas as their own, even Browning admitted to it, but he was king of gun makers for a long time.
Even the AK was all stolen from other guns unlike the broad brow ape says. All he did was build a gun with a lot of slop so it fires reliably in mud holes, and snow.
That's where the Germans failed a lot, sometimes you need some tolerance to let the mud out, and wont freeze up.
Those works of engineering art they built got a lot of Germans killed. Hummm, tolerance, their lack of it with people that would have fought for them got them killed also.
A lot of Slavs saw the Germans as liberators, nope :kez: The German Jews was pretty loyal to Germany, well nope had to go.
Hitler was a major idiot, and him running the war made him the biggest one in the world at the time.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I would state a fact that Democrats with guns are the terrorist, prove me wrong !

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: March 5th, 2019, 5:09 am Those works of engineering art they built got a lot of Germans killed. Hummm, tolerance, their lack of it with people that would have fought for them got them killed also.
A lot of Slavs saw the Germans as liberators, nope :kez: The German Jews was pretty loyal to Germany, well nope had to go.
Hitler was a major idiot, and him running the war made him the biggest one in the world at the time.
A big part of the problem was the outcome of the First World War... Hitler despised that outcome for Germany, especially the Treaty of Versailles, and in many regards he was rightful in doing so.

It is hard to pinpoint when or why his hatred of certain peoples formed, but many believe that Hitler felt these people were responsible for the outcome of World War One, and essentially wanted revenge by purging these people out of Germany, one way or another.

He wanted territory back that he believed was stolen from Germany. The thing with Hitler though, is that he would listen to nobody... Not even his own Generals, who did question his actions.

It was an ugly time, with much destruction all around. Nobody was 'faultless'... Not even the US, as dropping Nukes on civilians wasn't pretty either.

Serbia started WWI, they really did... Which led to WWII... So, we can blame the scum Serbs for starting this whole damn thing! :toung:

At least Hitler brought the world out of the dirty thirties, the Great Depression, which was not a good time for any... I know, because I asked my Grandparents what it was like growing up in 1930's Germany, and it was a bad, bad time there for the masses.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Most Germans didn't like the outcome of WW!, they where sold out, and held more land than they lost.
Hitler though wans't the choice, and killing people who would have fought for him was down right suicidal, same with purging good Generals, and thinking you know better tan them.
Himmler pushed for most of it, but Hitler enjoyed the windfall of cash from it.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Hitler, while being a lifelong dreamer of sorts, nonetheless had skill: He had oratorical skills that probably could never be topped, and that appealed to the masses. He was also a master at reading and playing people, both friends and foes.

Nobody really knew him, since he refused to have close friends. One must wonder if the whole thing was, to him, just a real life version of a battle board game...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

He was self absorbed, and full of crap in my opinion, I could read him.
He appealed to people because he feed on the wrongs that took place, and the old guard was the same old that let WW1 be a waste.
Also the debt from WW1 was extortion the people couldn't take, especially when someone like France invades, and demands people work.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Maybe if he could've just taken Poland back, or whatever else there was, and everyone just left it at that, perhaps things would've turned out differently for everyone...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

He didn't want just Poland though, he wanted Europe, and then to cleanse it thanks to his sick cronies.
It really didn't help when everyone turned a blind eye to what he did to start with.
Chamberlain knew, and gave his blessing, the French did also, Stalin knew. and then Roosevelt knew even though we where not in it at the time.
Heinz Goodarean already had the plans made out for it all, and was working on the rest of the world.

Wouldn't it be cool to see them for the Americas, and how they would have worked that out. The logistics alone would be crazy. i would like to see those plans if they still exist someplace.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

It equated to a tremendous amount of destruction, with the end result being no real gain for anyone...
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

New Zealand has gun laws that are somewhat similar to Canada's, both being less restrictive than Australian laws...

Something tells me that the gun laws in New Zealand may be changing soon now...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Mel Gibson wrote: March 15th, 2019, 5:39 pm New Zealand has gun laws that are somewhat similar to Canada's, both being less restrictive than Australian laws...

Something tells me that the gun laws in New Zealand may be changing soon now...
Probably....they will turn into a bunch a authoritarian cowards the same as their Aussie brethren did.

It will be easy too....because like you Canadians and the Australians....the only rights New Zealanders have are those granted to them by their government. Those rights can be removed or abridged with stroke of a pen. All the NZ government needs to do is ride and exploit the tide of fear that is bound to follow and law abiding gun owners will be turned into criminals and the rest of the dumbed down populace will be turned into fucking sheep.

What is going to follow is an example of how liberty dies. :angry:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

They better go and buy their guns now, before the law changes!

But ya, we've never had a 'right to bear arms' entrenched into our charter/bill of rights... A couple of cases did go to the Supreme Court to challenge this, citing some old English rule loosely claiming a right to keep arms, but not surprisingly the Courts didn't buy it.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I should add though, that Canada has typically handled things a little differently than other Commonwealth nations like England and Australia with gun laws...

When Marc Lepine caused a problem here, the laws were tightened up somewhat. Nonetheless, one thing that we did differently is respect the rights of those current owners of whatever firearms that were reclassified/prohibited/banned...

We Grandfathered those owners, with a Grandfather clause. Nothing was taken from anyone, and they could still keep their shit.

Any new gun owners could not buy them.

I know it's not ideal, but I suppose the 'fairest' way to change a few things around without fucking over those that bought certain firearms here when they were still legal for everyone to buy...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns