..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Got what they asked for, maybe the parents should have taught their children better.
Job hazard.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I like this, needs a bigger handle though with more in the back so you have a way to pull it out of the victim. :evil:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

That one may be a little heavy and bulky hanging off the belt!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Well put on a proper belt :laugh:
My friend complains all the time about his 1911 pulling his pants down, and he has this flimsy belt on :wacko:
I thick two inch wide belt works pretty good, and I have always had heavy guns, and knives.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Or just get one one of those jungle style sheaths that you wear on your back, for maximum effect!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I was never a fan of on the back stuff, I do like under the arm stuff like the Hit man look, You can adjust them lower to the belt almost .

Peaches

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: May 25th, 2019, 9:13 am :spit:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks, that was just what I needed with the second cuppa Joe.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: June 27th, 2019, 12:53 am I was never a fan of on the back stuff, I do like under the arm stuff like the Hit man look, You can adjust them lower to the belt almost .

The only way I can comfortably carry a full size semi auto is in a shoulder rig. When I used to carry my Hi-power I used a Galco classic. Unfortunately I'm too short and curvy to wear a full size semi on my belt in everyday carry. The frame digs into my side when I sit or drive. It gets uncomfortable quickly.

IDPA is different...Then I use a cheap synthetic Blade-Tech, strong side, with retention screws.

Normally when I do carry, I carry a model 66 with a 2.5" barrel and a bobber hammer, in an old well worn DeSantis, behind the hip, pancake. But since I've lost so much weight, even that little K frame is getting bulky and uncomfortable.

Right now I'm in the maket for an older S&W 649, 5 shot, .375 mag. But first I would take the big stupid factory rubber grips off of it and put something nice and slim on it with a possible T-grip. I never understood the concept of big bulky grips on a concealed carry revolver. Then a possible performance center action job. But it's one step at a time as funds allow.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Peaches wrote: June 27th, 2019, 8:57 am
Blue Frost wrote: May 25th, 2019, 9:13 am :spit:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks, that was just what I needed with the second cuppa Joe.
I think him digging in his pants, and then sticking the stuff in the cops face was funniest, and just nasty.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Renee wrote: June 27th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Blue Frost wrote: June 27th, 2019, 12:53 am I was never a fan of on the back stuff, I do like under the arm stuff like the Hit man look, You can adjust them lower to the belt almost .

The only way I can comfortably carry a full size semi auto is in a shoulder rig. When I used to carry my Hi-power I used a Galco classic. Unfortunately I'm too short and curvy to wear a full size semi on my belt in everyday carry. The frame digs into my side when I sit or drive. It gets uncomfortable quickly.

IDPA is different...Then I use a cheap synthetic Blade-Tech, strong side, with retention screws.

Normally when I do carry, I carry a model 66 with a 2.5" barrel and a bobber hammer, in an old well worn DeSantis, behind the hip, pancake. But since I've lost so much weight, even that little K frame is getting bulky and uncomfortable.

Right now I'm in the maket for an older S&W 649, 5 shot, .375 mag. But first I would take the big stupid factory rubber grips off of it and put something nice and slim on it with a possible T-grip. I never understood the concept of big bulky grips on a concealed carry revolver. Then a possible performance center action job. But it's one step at a time as funds allow.
There is the thigh holster which I like, but I have these long monkey arms.
But you have to wear a gun where your comfortable.
a Mexican cross draw, and thigh holster is likely my favorites, I can grab them fast, and without contorting much.
The under arm ones I like a lot also, and would wear often, but I would rather wear them with a jacket so not to get attention. Same with me carrying most guns.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Other than at some ranges (not all allow it), we can never holster a handgun up here for carry, so unfortunately I cannot join holster talk... :(
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Do what ? you can have a gun, but not with a holster :wacko: a holster is safer than just laying it down someplace. :wacko:
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Our laws state that the only time we can be in possession of a loaded handgun is at a place where we can legally discharge it. For civilian handgun owners, this means only at a gun range. For this reason, handguns just aren't ever holstered, except for ranges that permit holstering. As you can see, handguns are quite restricted here, and punishments for breaking these laws are quite severe.

Long guns, on the other hand, have much more relaxed rules.

This is because our laws view handguns as a 'sporting only' firearm, and we are restricted to that use only. Long guns are viewed as firearms with a much more varied and expanded purpose, if you will, hence far less restrictions on them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Hypocrisy in gun laws, so I guess the police has pistols for sporting reasons :wacko:
I would like to get all these idiots, and they are idiots that make these laws up, and drop them in in a combat zone someplace nice, and ripe with the likes of ISIS.
If they are going to have gun laws they need people who know, and have had guns all their life, not fools that see them on TV.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Quite a few of us legal handgun owners would like the laws changed so handguns are viewed in the same class as long guns, but I doubt that would ever happen here.

We can't even take our handguns out into the bush for target practice (unless it happens to be a recognized outdoor shooting range), and if caught doing so the penalties are quite severe, including very possible jail time!

No problems taking long guns into the bush for a little bit o' target practice though...

This country isn't very handgun friendly, but at least we can still own them I suppose...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

We have some crappy laws with handguns also on hunts, but I'm not really familiar with them.
So many rounds in a rifle, and no handgun, or a handgun, and no rifle :think: not sure.
Anyhow I would want a handgun just in case something is up close about to hunt me, for protection if nothing else.
As for the stupid laws, if I wanted to kill everyone in a room my 44/40 would do the trick well, and maybe as fast as any pistol.
I know one thing, with the rifle I could guarantee all would be head shots unlike the pistol.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Speaking of handguns :)
I do agree people need training if they carry them.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: June 27th, 2019, 2:47 pm Do what ? you can have a gun, but not with a holster :wacko: a holster is safer than just laying it down someplace. :wacko:
Gun legislation is never about safety. It's about sociopolitical control.

And the sheep amongst us will never see it.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: June 27th, 2019, 8:22 pm Speaking of handguns :)
I do agree people need training if they carry them.

And not just the training to get their ccw but continuous training. And the training should include all the LEGAL aspects of concealed carry.

Everyone who carries must know what is or is not a legal shoot and what the legal ramifications are or will be in the aftermath of a shoot.

Concealed carry is a huge responsibility that needs careful consideration by every applicant. There are moral and psychological elements that need to be considered before you strap on that weapon as well. And you have to be damn sure that you are ready to deal with the reality of carrying a gun for protection.

Many people who "think" they want a ccw realize after getting one that they are not ready or equipped for the responsibility of carrying...Unfortunately sometimes that realization comes too late.