..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Mel Gibson

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

https://stevesgunz.com/ sells some loops for that gun, but be prepared for a not-so-cheap price!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I looked there last night, didn't see one :(
My friend is looking for one, but so far nothing.
Most likely Ill have to have one nickle plated, unless I fine one someplace.
I like the one on the 94 I posted last year, but I doubt one would fit mine.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cop Needs 17 Center Mass Hits w/ .40 S&W to Stop Assailant
by S.H. Blannelberry on April 29, 2020
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/cop- ... assailant/

Do you carry a .40-caliber pistol? If so, how many rounds do you have on your person?

We’re not trying to pick on the .40 S&W. I swear.

It’s just coincidence that last week we came across a story about a woman’s breast implant deflecting a .40-caliber projectile and now, this week, we found another article detailing a head-turning situation involving the popular self-defense round.

Published in lawofficer.com is a story called “Officer Down: The Peter Soulis Incident,” which ran back in February.
SEE ALSO: Why the .40 is Dead, Long Live .40

It details a harrowing gunfight where a wounded officer needed as many as 22 rounds of .40 to bring down an armed assailant — 17 of which struck center mass.

You should read the whole thing if you have a moment. But here is the gist from author Brian McKenna:

Remarkably, Palmer had taken 22 hits from Soulis’ .40-caliber Glock, 17 of which had hit center mass. Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available Palmer lived for more than four minutes after the last shot was fired. His autopsy revealed nothing more than a small amount of alcohol in his bloodstream. Although Soulis could not have known it, Palmer was wanted for murder in a neighboring state.

Apocryphal, you say? Maybe. There is a disclaimer that reads, “some facts have been altered slightly, but the essential elements of the story remain unchanged.”

I highly doubt that’s referring to the number of rounds fired, as that’s an integral part of the story. Still, it’d be nice to have some way to verify the encounter, even if it was just a link to a redacted autopsy of the perp to confirm the 17 hits to the chest cavity.

Assuming that it’s all true, though, I think the story definitely reaffirms my position on concealed carry capacity.

Which is very simple. There are no guarantees about capacity, save one: more is better. And that goes for whatever’s in your sidearm, be it .45 ACP, 9mm or .40 S&W.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Super Titties :rofl:

Woman’s Breast Implant Deflects .40-Caliber Bullet, Saving Her Life
by Jordan Michaels on April 23, 2020
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/woma ... -her-life/

Doctors believe the woman’s implants changed the trajectory of the bullet and saved her life. (Photo: Giancarlo McEvenue, Creative Commons License)

Silicone breast implants make poor body armor as a general rule, but in one case in 2018 they were just enough to save a woman’s life.

A 30-year-old woman arrived at a trauma center in Toronto, Canada, after suffering a gunshot wound to the chest. Doctors were surprised to find her “comfortable… with no distress” and soon discovered that the bullet had been slowed and deflected by one of her breast implants.

“The benefits of breast augmentation are generally accepted to be on quality of life, as until recently implants had never been considered life-saving,” the doctors reported in a case study published last week.

“Based on trajectory of bullet entry clinically and evaluation radiologically, the only source of bullet deflection of the bullet is the left breast implant. This implant overlies the heart and intrathoracic cavity and therefore likely saved the women’s life,” the report concludes.
SEE ALSO: Active Shooter Dead At Tulsa Dispensary, Concealed Carrier Saves The Day

The copper-jacketed .40-caliber projectile entered the woman’s left breast, but doctors discovered the bullet lodged in the lower portion of the right breast. The woman suffered a broken rib, broken implants, and a gunshot wound but was otherwise unscathed.

“The bullet entered the skin on the left side first, and then ricocheted across her sternum into the right breast and broke her rib on the right side,” surgeon Giancarlo McEvenue told CNN. “The implant caused the change in the trajectory of the bullet.”

Police are still investigating the incident that caused the woman’s injury. She told doctors that she felt heat and pain in her left chest while walking down the street. Looking down and seeing blood, she took herself to the local emergency department. The firearm was not recovered, and the perpetrator remains unknown.
SEE ALSO: Texas Store Clerk Kills Robbery Suspect at Pawn Shop

Breast implants have been recorded saving a person’s life in only a few other incidents. In one case, a 59-year-old woman sustained two shotgun wounds to the chest through a door. The birdshot ruptured her right breast implant, but otherwise she sustained no injuries. Doctors determined that the implant had saved her life.

In another study, researchers investigated the effects of breast implants on bullet velocity and lethality. They determined that a .40 S&W hollow-point round fired out of a 4.5-inch barrel experiences a 20.6% decrease in penetration distance when fired through a silicone breast implant. This is due to the loss of velocity the bullet undergoes while traveling through the implant as well as the tendency of the projectile to mushroom in the implant before it enters the body.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:30 pm Super Titties :rofl:

Woman’s Breast Implant Deflects .40-Caliber Bullet, Saving Her Life
by Jordan Michaels on April 23, 2020
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/woma ... -her-life/

Doctors believe the woman’s implants changed the trajectory of the bullet and saved her life. (Photo: Giancarlo McEvenue, Creative Commons License)

Silicone breast implants make poor body armor as a general rule, but in one case in 2018 they were just enough to save a woman’s life.

A 30-year-old woman arrived at a trauma center in Toronto, Canada, after suffering a gunshot wound to the chest. Doctors were surprised to find her “comfortable… with no distress” and soon discovered that the bullet had been slowed and deflected by one of her breast implants.

“The benefits of breast augmentation are generally accepted to be on quality of life, as until recently implants had never been considered life-saving,” the doctors reported in a case study published last week.

“Based on trajectory of bullet entry clinically and evaluation radiologically, the only source of bullet deflection of the bullet is the left breast implant. This implant overlies the heart and intrathoracic cavity and therefore likely saved the women’s life,” the report concludes.
SEE ALSO: Active Shooter Dead At Tulsa Dispensary, Concealed Carrier Saves The Day

The copper-jacketed .40-caliber projectile entered the woman’s left breast, but doctors discovered the bullet lodged in the lower portion of the right breast. The woman suffered a broken rib, broken implants, and a gunshot wound but was otherwise unscathed.

“The bullet entered the skin on the left side first, and then ricocheted across her sternum into the right breast and broke her rib on the right side,” surgeon Giancarlo McEvenue told CNN. “The implant caused the change in the trajectory of the bullet.”

Police are still investigating the incident that caused the woman’s injury. She told doctors that she felt heat and pain in her left chest while walking down the street. Looking down and seeing blood, she took herself to the local emergency department. The firearm was not recovered, and the perpetrator remains unknown.
SEE ALSO: Texas Store Clerk Kills Robbery Suspect at Pawn Shop

Breast implants have been recorded saving a person’s life in only a few other incidents. In one case, a 59-year-old woman sustained two shotgun wounds to the chest through a door. The birdshot ruptured her right breast implant, but otherwise she sustained no injuries. Doctors determined that the implant had saved her life.

In another study, researchers investigated the effects of breast implants on bullet velocity and lethality. They determined that a .40 S&W hollow-point round fired out of a 4.5-inch barrel experiences a 20.6% decrease in penetration distance when fired through a silicone breast implant. This is due to the loss of velocity the bullet undergoes while traveling through the implant as well as the tendency of the projectile to mushroom in the implant before it enters the body.
Old school rock hard fake tits.... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:27 pm I looked there last night, didn't see one :(
My friend is looking for one, but so far nothing.
Most likely Ill have to have one nickle plated, unless I fine one someplace.
I like the one on the 94 I posted last year, but I doubt one would fit mine.
Steve's does sell these 3/4 loops for them, and an even bigger loop also... Blued in stock, S/S on backorder maybe? I'm sure he'll eventually get more S/S ones in stock.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah the stainless is what I want, wouldn't need it except for my mangled old paws.
Still waiting for word about the one I ordered, the idiots isn't on the ball, and will likely not send it because they are inept about the ffl I had sent to them that they where suppose to have already.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 8:47 pm
Still waiting for word about the one I ordered, the idiots isn't on the ball, and will likely not send it because they are inept about the ffl I had sent to them that they where suppose to have already.
Luckily that's one step we don't have to go through up here... Order gun, and have it mailed directly to house!

Hopefully he's not pulling some scam!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's a legit site I'm getting ti from, they are just stupid.

We used to have the mail deliver them here, but that changed with background checks.
The stupid part is after so many checks they should just mail them to you since Me, and other have already so many guns.
It's not like I can shoot more than two at a time.
Mel Gibson

Hopefully it comes soon!

Been seriously eyeing this Chiappa 'Little Badger' survival rifle in .22 Magnum (already own a couple of .22LR guns, but never a .22 Magnum)! Cheap, light, foldable, shove it in your backpack, .22 Magnum probably won't make me deaf if I don't use ear mufflers... (Remember, we can't bring our handguns into the woods here, so I'm thinking this is about as compact that I can get for a bush plinker!)

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That can be handy, looked at one myself not long ago.
22 magnum is a great round, it will take down a lot of food for you if needed.
Might piss off a bear, but you never know, might be his bad day.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:29 pm Hopefully it comes soon!

Been seriously eyeing this Chiappa 'Little Badger' survival rifle in .22 Magnum (already own a couple of .22LR guns, but never a .22 Magnum)! Cheap, light, foldable, shove it in your backpack, .22 Magnum probably won't make me deaf if I don't use ear mufflers... (Remember, we can't bring our handguns into the woods here, so I'm thinking this is about as compact that I can get for a bush plinker!)

Fucking thing looks like it was made out of a piece of 3/4" pipe and a coat hanger. Surely there is something better to spend your nickels and dimes on.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 6:36 pm Fucking thing looks like it was made out of a piece of 3/4" pipe and a coat hanger. Surely there is something better to spend your nickels and dimes on.
They actually get good reviews! Made in Italy. They sell here for $140 USD. They even fold in half for easy transport! Available in .17 HMR, .22LR, and .22 Magnum.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Made for backpacking, and a lot of people with bugout bags.
22 magnum is likely the best of the options, 17 hmr isn't as available in some places.
22 magnum is actually harder to get than it used to be.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

My brother had one of these. He bought it back in the 70's along with a 40-06. He was the only one in my family to own firearms and to be honest, I don't think he ever really did much hunting, maybe once or twice. My oldest son is waiting for his certificate to come in the mail. He will need it to become a cop anyhow, as per his dream job, but he's already working out what he wants to buy. My wife is nervous. Being fillipino, she has seen the hard reality of what guns are for down there and it's hard for her to imagine them for any other purpose, like target or hunting.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You can get this also Mel, my friend has one, and loves it. He actually bought it when I was, but I showed him he bought it :kez:
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/rifles/sub2000/
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: May 4th, 2020, 12:20 am Image

My brother had one of these. He bought it back in the 70's along with a 40-06. He was the only one in my family to own firearms and to be honest, I don't think he ever really did much hunting, maybe once or twice. My oldest son is waiting for his certificate to come in the mail. He will need it to become a cop anyhow, as per his dream job, but he's already working out what he wants to buy. My wife is nervous. Being fillipino, she has seen the hard reality of what guns are for down there and it's hard for her to imagine them for any other purpose, like target or hunting.
Thats from 007 from russia with love. :teehe:
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 4th, 2020, 12:39 am You can get this also Mel, my friend has one, and loves it. He actually bought it when I was, but I showed him he bought it :kez:
Looks interesting, and somehow even avoided the new ban list (for now)! Of course it's sold out everywhere, since people have been panic buying lately...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My buddy bought one for $250 here used, like new.
Of course I was about to buy it, and showed it to him :kez: that wont happen again.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:15 pm Made for backpacking, and a lot of people with bugout bags.
22 magnum is likely the best of the options, 17 hmr isn't as available in some places.
22 magnum is actually harder to get than it used to be.
I would still go with the. 17 HMR. It's the better cartridge and I've seen sales where it is a lot cheaper than .22 mag. But that point is moot as I wouldn't buy that coat hanger rifle.

I still say that thing is ugly as fuck. Looks like something some Philippino farmer would make in his garage.

The Ruger take down X22 backpacker is a better option IMHO. Also you have the Henry AR7 which is a copy of the old Armalite US airforce survival rifle...Both are by far better weapons.