..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I can see why he is revered by so many, but knowing how he has robbed those same people I don't think much of him.
He is better than Stalin, and such though, he knows the people is who make the money that he can pilfer from.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Race gun anyone !
Might be my Christmas present this year. :)
European American Armory Tanfoglio Witness Gold 38SUP , holds 18 rounds, and should be a blast at the range.
To bad I'm not in the shape I used to be in, I could compete with it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Pretty, made by Janz, based on a Korth which is high end :think: I wonder the cost .

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Korth
$5,200.00

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Merry Christmas to me :happy:
Gold Custom Elite team version, and it comes with the aluminum grips, and another barrel, extra springs for different ammo.
Going to enjoy it at the range.
Mel Gibson

Nice pistola!

It better be chambered in .38 Super instead of 9mm, or you know Renee will tell you to throw that thing right in the garbage!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's 38 super, a 9mm wouldn't work in a competition gun like that.
I don't compete, but I would have when I was younger, it will still be fun at the range.

I do wish they had a better looking more fitting mount for the optics for it.
I moved the site almost all the way forward on it last night, works a lot better that way, and it's where is pretty much belongs anyhow.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 2:00 am It's 38 super, a 9mm wouldn't work in a competition gun like that.
How come?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The 9mm wont knock over the targets like a larger caliber.
The competitors like the 38 super for knockdown, and accuracy along with comfort to shoot.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 1:38 pm The 9mm wont knock over the targets like a larger caliber.
The competitors like the 38 super for knockdown, and accuracy along with comfort to shoot.
Jerry Miculek may disagree... You stop listening to Renee! :angry:

:wink:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thats not my opinion Mel, it's from active, and past shooters in the class.
Last I saw Miculick was using a 38 super.
Mel Gibson

Since I'm not a competitive shooter, I had to do a bit of homework. I guess .38 Super is popular in IPSC due to 'power factor,' where you need a certain amount of bullet energy to run major.

While it is possible to hot rod a 9mm round with enough powder to make major, it seems a bit easier to hot rod a .38 Super round to be able to run major!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well a 38 super is a hot 9mm almost, not a lot of difference, but a lot more power.
Mel Gibson

Only problem with .38 Super is the cost of ammo compared to 9mm, although I suppose this could be mitigated somewhat by reloading your own rounds...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yes cost is a factor, almost twice as much so it's not exactly for plinking targets all day.
I have 6 mags so that's about the extent of fun at the range for me with it.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 1:42 pm Thats not my opinion Mel, it's from active, and past shooters in the class.
Last I saw Miculick was using a 38 super.
Mel and his faggy 9mm... :laugh: He champions the damn thing because he thinks it's origins are German... :kez:

As they say "You can't generate real horsepower with a 4 cycle engine."... :laugh:

.38 super is superior to the 9 not only in it's ability to make "major" safely as compared to the nigga 9 but for the hardcore comp shooter, the brass is superior. It suffers less from fatigue and failure than most 9mm brass does. There is a trade off because while 9mm brass may be cheaper, it doesn't last, especially when you load it hot enough to make major. All things being equal, accuracy and reliability is about the same between the two.

Secondly .38 super and 9mm are only viable for IPSC open div. and USPSA. IPSC limited requires a minimum of .40 to make major and no one I know of, or have ever seen in IDPA competition, uses a .38 super. It's too expensive and the gun choices are limited. Negro 9s, .40 s&w and .45 ACP are the rule because of availability and there are no dumbass power factors involved. In IDPA it's all about making a hole and making it accurately and that's it.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I love the 9mm also, but for what it is, cheep, availability, accuracy, and it's a pleasure shooting it at the range.
I guess I could compete with it as long as I don't need to knock targets down, or long ranges, but other calibers are good for different situations.
Protection it's alright, but not what I would call a protection round, but it can get someone off you pretty fast.

As for the brass, I'm thinking nickle casings, the reloader I know hates them, but will load them.
He has a mortgage, and three kids, one a girl getting ready for collage. :spit:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 26th, 2019, 4:01 pm I love the 9mm also, but for what it is, cheep, availability, accuracy, and it's a pleasure shooting it at the range.
I guess I could compete with it as long as I don't need to knock targets down, or long ranges, but other calibers are good for different situations.
Protection it's alright, but not what I would call a protection round, but it can get someone off you pretty fast.

As for the brass, I'm thinking nickle casings, the reloader I know hates them, but will load them.
He has a mortgage, and three kids, one a girl getting ready for collage. :spit:
Nickle casings suck. They're cheap brass casings with nickle electroplating. With use and trimming, the plating flakes off and gets stuck in the reloading dies. You have to clean the dies twice as often compared to brass. My dad won't touch them for reloading. Also brass is cheaper. Just tumble polish it before reloading and your good to go until the case splits.

You should probably invest in a reloading set up of your own. You can get a whole single stage set up from Lyman or RCBS for cheap. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be surprised how many cases you can load in a short time. Also you will save enough money on ammo that you'll get a return on your investment pretty quick.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Starline has good stuff, that's what I use, and you do get a few more reloads from the nickle casings.

i was going to buy a nice press a few years back, but I decided to let this guy do them for me since he is reasonable, and does an very consistent job.
OCD makes a good reloaded.

I don't have a place for the powder anyhow, I'm not keeping it in the house.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

You currently have more volatile substances in your house..