..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Mel Gibson

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

One thing I must say, is that I have this walk around veranda around my house. It's just how it was built, and I'll need to refinish it eventually.

It's just plywood sheets basically, but you know what? Anything that steps onto it I can hear inside easily. I have Wild Turkey's and Peafowl's that walk around and shit on my deck, and I can hear their every footstep!

I wasn't used to this when I first moved here, and one morning I walked to the window in my underwear with my CZ 9mm in hand after hearing what I thought were footsteps.

It was Wild Turkey's walking on my veranda... Even better? I didn't have window blinds on all windows at that time, and I'm briefly staring at my neighbour way out in his yard, with my pistol in hand, in my underwear. I'm thinking poor integration into the neighbourhood I did, but it all ended well, as both my neighbours are still awesome!

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:51 am One thing I must say, is that I have this walk around veranda around my house. It's just how it was built, and I'll need to refinish it eventually.

It's just plywood sheets basically, but you know what? Anything that steps onto it I can hear inside easily. I have Wild Turkey's and Peafowl's that walk around and shit on my deck, and I can hear their every footstep!

I wasn't used to this when I first moved here, and one morning I walked to the window in my underwear with my CZ 9mm in hand after hearing what I thought were footsteps.

It was Wild Turkey's walking on my veranda... Even better? I didn't have window blinds on all windows at that time, and I'm briefly staring at my neighbour way out in his yard, with my pistol in hand, in my underwear. I'm thinking poor integration into the neighbourhood I did, but it all ended well, as both my neighbours are still awesome!
Fucking city people... :kez:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Mel Gibson wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:51 am One thing I must say, is that I have this walk around veranda around my house. It's just how it was built, and I'll need to refinish it eventually.

Well there ya go Mel. With Thanksgiving not that far away, you can invite your neighbors over for a wild turkey feast. You just have to buy the other ingredients at the store. :turkey: :pie:
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 12:37 am Well there ya go Mel. With Thanksgiving not that far away, you can invite your neighbors over for a wild turkey feast. You just have to buy the other ingredients at the store. :turkey: :pie:
It would be very easy to do that where I live! With the back of the property bordering Crown land, I could just walk back up there and find tons of them! They're one of the dumbest birds I've ever seen (although peafowl are even dumber). The ones around here I can get within 20 feet of them before they get confused and start running away, so I could even use a quiet .22 round on those shitting machines!

There are limits to how many you can hunt though, which doesn't make much sense to me since these shitting machines aren't native to here, but yet are all over the place. For some reason they thrive in this region. I have a feeling that the locals here probably view limits as a mere suggestion though...

That said, even though I love Turkey, I've only ever eaten the unwild kind, so not even sure what they taste like...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 4:05 am
beanthere wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 12:37 am Well there ya go Mel. With Thanksgiving not that far away, you can invite your neighbors over for a wild turkey feast. You just have to buy the other ingredients at the store. :turkey: :pie:
It would be very easy to do that where I live! With the back of the property bordering Crown land, I could just walk back up there and find tons of them! They're one of the dumbest birds I've ever seen (although peafowl are even dumber). The ones around here I can get within 20 feet of them before they get confused and start running away, so I could even use a quiet .22 round on those shitting machines!

There are limits to how many you can hunt though, which doesn't make much sense to me since these shitting machines aren't native to here, but yet are all over the place. For some reason they thrive in this region. I have a feeling that the locals here probably view limits as a mere suggestion though...

That said, even though I love Turkey, I've only ever eaten the unwild kind, so not even sure what they taste like...
Wild turkey, like most game requires different preparation and cooking than domestic production meat. Do you even know how to field dress a wild bird?

Wild turkey has absolutely no fat in it and it is much darker than it's domestic cousin and lacks what most people call "white meat". It also tastes different and if you try to roast it like domestic bird, you will end up with nasty tasting cardboard. I love wild game but I usually pass on wild turkey... The only wild bird less palatable in my opinion, is Canadian goose. :yuk:

Leave the turkeys alone.. They can be aggressive and dangerous if cornered. There are better ways to keep them off your deck..
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: September 25th, 2021, 10:58 am Leave the turkeys alone.. They can be aggressive and dangerous if cornered. There are better ways to keep them off your deck..
Our Wild Turkey's are Canadian, and as such are harmless by nature. They're easily confused, and will run or fly away when chased. I know, because I chase flocks of these retarded shitting machines away almost every day!
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: September 26th, 2021, 3:32 am
Renee wrote: September 25th, 2021, 10:58 am Leave the turkeys alone.. They can be aggressive and dangerous if cornered. There are better ways to keep them off your deck..
Our Wild Turkey's are Canadian, and as such are harmless by nature. They're easily confused, and will run or fly away when chased. I know, because I chase flocks of these retarded shitting machines away almost every day!
They are probably hens... The Toms can be aggressive but they are also more elusive and much less likely to flock.

But you are probably right, Much like other male commonwealth dwellers, most Canadian males are neutered simps whose manhood has been forcibly bred out of them. No doubt that kind of sociological disease has spilled over into some of the wildlife... :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The wild birds around here taste pretty good... Usually in a stew.

I like the "gamey" taste and I know some people dont like it.
Mel Gibson

Ya, I've read that it's different. Not sure I would like it, but I do like the domestic Turkey I can buy at the store!
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: September 26th, 2021, 4:56 pm The wild birds around here taste pretty good... Usually in a stew.

Wild birds when treated right, such as soaked in a brine overnight are not ,"gamy"... The same for rabbit...I think the word "gamy" a bullshit term anyway. Wild game simply tastes different because the fat content is much different than ranch raised animals. Also wild game eats... "wild" for lack of a better word which impacts the flavor profile. It also depends on how the animal is killed, the time of year, and how it's field dressed and subsequently stored or aged.

Wild game birds such as pheasant, quail or ruffled grouse or even cottontails are the most mild of meats.. And their ranch raised counterparts are basically as close to Soylant Green as you can get... :laugh: By themselves they are little more than bland chicken.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: September 27th, 2021, 4:40 pm
Odinson wrote: September 26th, 2021, 4:56 pm The wild birds around here taste pretty good... Usually in a stew.

Wild birds when treated right, such as soaked in a brine overnight are not ,"gamy"... The same for rabbit...I think the word "gamy" a bullshit term anyway. Wild game simply tastes different because the fat content is much different than ranch raised animals. Also wild game eats... "wild" for lack of a better word which impacts the flavor profile. It also depends on how the animal is killed, the time of year, and how it's field dressed and subsequently stored or aged.

Wild game birds such as pheasant, quail or ruffled grouse or even cottontails are the most mild of meats.. And their ranch raised counterparts are basically as close to Soylant Green as you can get... :laugh: By themselves they are little more than bland chicken.
I think the "gamy" taste is the taste of the outdoors... The wilderness smell has seeped into the meat.

Store beef jerky vs the traditional real beef jerky that has been made outside.
The traditional beef jerky tastes wild... Like arctic weather.

Even if you shoot it right and prepare it right, the meat is still gonna have this taste that differentiates it from the supermarket meat.

But you can change the taste by applying all sorts of sauces and marinades.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 8:36 pm Image
:laugh:

It's funny but it's really not.... :laugh: Unfortunately I enjoy watching stupid people get hurt..... :laugh:

Sorry, I know I'm going to hell....Too late to change now...... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The term is mean funny, and yes I laugh also many times.
The strange part is you really can't see good when that close on a scope, I don't get it.
Holding the rifle like a bazooka is funny also when the gun takes off on them backward.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: November 10th, 2021, 12:49 pm The term is mean funny, and yes I laugh also many times.
The strange part is you really can't see good when that close on a scope, I don't get it.
Holding the rifle like a bazooka is funny also when the gun takes off on them backward.
"Mean Funny"....I guess that sounds better than just being called "a dick" or "a jerk".... :laugh:

Nonetheless there is no shortage in this world of stupid people doing stupid things to themselves, so why not enjoy being entertained by it? That's my attitude and I don't care who it offends... :pardon:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

The finer things in life... :thumbsup:

1636745497195.jpg
1636745497195.jpg (194.98 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: November 12th, 2021, 2:30 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 10th, 2021, 12:49 pm The term is mean funny, and yes I laugh also many times.
"Mean Funny"....I guess that sounds better than just being called "a dick" or "a jerk".... :laugh:

Nonetheless there is no shortage in this world of stupid people doing stupid things to themselves, so why not enjoy being entertained by it? That's my attitude and I don't care who it offends... :pardon:
In firearms i get kind of angry though, there is always some A-hole that will take a friend, girlfriend, or a kid even, and not teach them.
They then watch as they get hurt, and maybe disfigured for life while wanting a laugh.
Now the people who know better, drunk, or just being stupid deserve it, I have seen a lot of that in my life.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: November 12th, 2021, 2:33 pm The finer things in life... :thumbsup:

1636745497195.jpg
Best finish out there, and a lot of work, oh, and the nice grade A wood helps a lot also.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Good for him, shame he didn't kill all five.
From 2019 but still good he did what he did.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tumblr_l_84970592598574.jpg
Tumblr_l_84970592598574.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 213 times