In memory of my beloved outdoor urinal... and other stuff...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 pm

i would guess they have an algorithm that browses the internet for info like we do for terrorist, and other illegal things.
You know a site like DV had it's Narks also, people looking for stuff like that being as popular as it got.

Mel Gibson
"VIP"
"VIP"

Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 am

Blue Frost wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 pm
i would guess they have an algorithm that browses the internet for info like we do for terrorist, and other illegal things.
You know a site like DV had it's Narks also, people looking for stuff like that being as popular as it got.
I don't know how IHIT initially came upon the post, but the thread would've easily appeared via search engine result at that time in history... I will assume IHIT just simply Googled his name!

Mel Gibson
"VIP"
"VIP"

Thu May 16, 2019 4:10 am

But most requests were non-law enforcement related, as stated... Usually by lawyers, or those threatening litigation. Libel/Defamation was common...

This is where it was often easier for me to just wipe out the thread, keep the complainant happy, as opposed to playing hardball...

A good example of this was (and still is) a very well known news anchor here in Vancouver, that had an issue about a thread that claimed her vagina produced foul odours...

I was not in a position to examine her smelly cunt, as to determine true validity of said claim, so I nonetheless wiped the thread to keep everyone happy. :laugh:

Behind the scenes isn't always so easy...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 pm

only thing I ever got was people cussing at me, and calling me names :spit: especially from Scientologist in the past.
Oh, and a google ads denied thing.
:) other than that I feel pretty good about things.

Mel Gibson
"VIP"
"VIP"

Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 am

I shitcanned that Scientology fuck, after giving him multiple chances to stop spamming up every fucking thread.

My Mod 'Brothers and Sisters' would hassle regulars for nothing, while letting that fuck spam the board up. My fellow Mod 'Brothers and Sisters' would just sit back and watch, doing nothing but chatting bullshit in the hidden Mod Forum.

Right then and there I knew I was running as a lone Mod, solo...

And yes, if you cannot handle the worst names, from the worst people, Modding is not the hobby for you! :laugh:

I've had death threats directed at me, and called every name in the book by frustrated posters.

It was an entertaining time for me though! :laugh:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Fri May 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Had a death threat, or two while on DV myself, and Muslims wanting to kill me, and nut bars wanting to beat me up. :laugh:
I even offered to meet them at the airport if they flew in, we could have lunch before I stomped them into the ground.
back then I could have done it, today I would just shot them in the face.

Mel Gibson
"VIP"
"VIP"

Sat May 18, 2019 6:32 am

Ah, the good old days! :laugh:

It was always entertaining!

So far, nobody has ever shown up at my door to beat me up and kick my ass! :o :laugh:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm

I knew they wouldn't since I'm here in Kentucky, and they where 2000+ miles away.
I called one out at work when I modded meetings, the guy settled down real quick, and never really did want to go outside.
I think if you are getting that worked up online you really need to think about getting off line for a while.