What the Hell Happened Here?

RDL

Re: What the Hell Happened Here?

RDL wrote:
RDL wrote:I just checked my local job search place's blog, and they usually have a list of job postings from various employers throughout the city...
But there was nothing for Wed, Thu, or Fri...
I'll contact them on Mon to see what is going on.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Good luck, searching for jobs sucks. You know i found it best just to go out, and search, and forget about the unemployment places, they never did me any good.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Blue Frost wrote:Good luck, searching for jobs sucks. You know i found it best just to go out, and search, and forget about the unemployment places, they never did me any good.
Yep. Word of mouth is better. You gotta get out there and keep asking. Online is a joke...its a circus. And stupid places like work bc, dont help at all...its just another government center to employ people who work there..mostly its an immigrant day care center.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote:Good luck, searching for jobs sucks. You know i found it best just to go out, and search, and forget about the unemployment places, they never did me any good.
It's extra difficult when you have no skills or education. Add the stigma of a mental handicap and you're really up the creek when it comes to finding a job. Job hunting is a grueling and often degrading process even form non-handicapped applicants.

Many companies today are reviewing resumes with computerized word search programs. If your resume isn't structured or written in the proper format and doesn't have the key search words within the body of the text, it doesn't matter how qualified you might be. If the resume doesn't fit the criteria it's automatically rejected and a "kiss off" form letter is issued.

It's a flawed system but it saves time and manpower from reviewing each resume manually. The amount of resumes my company gets would keep me ass deep in paper if we didn't have the automated screening process.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Here he could put in at Walmart, they hire people with disabilities quite often, that's one good thing I can say about them.
i feel for anyone out there looking, it's not, and never was real easy unless you knew someone.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote:Here he could put in at Walmart, they hire people with disabilities quite often, that's one good thing I can say about them.
i feel for anyone out there looking, it's not, and never was real easy unless you knew someone.
The fake Obama economic recovery doesn't help matters nor does the AHCA. There are still millions out of work. Competition even for clerical jobs is fierce. Companies are hiring very cautiously these days.

When we post a job opening, we have to give current employees looking to move up first priority but we get hundreds of applicants from the outside as well.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I understand that, I went through the same stuff back when I was younger, the marker for jobs was quite dry.
Then they had that racist reverse discrimination BS of hiring minorities over qualified people that still goes on today.
I don't envy anyone looking, unless you are in an in demand occupation you are lucky to get much of anything.

i keep asking my little nephew what he is interested in, he of course don't know. I tell him maybe robotics, or robotic programing might be something interesting.
Engineering also i talk about with him, nano tech, and science also. He's 14 now, in advance classes, and an honor student, but no clue about life, and what it takes.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.