Indigenous people turning on themselves

RDL

My great-great-grandmother (my father's mother's father's mother) was Indigenous, and yet, I and many others of Indigenous descent are disgusted with some of our own people trash talking our dear country.

I am disgusted with the guy on the front page of the Tue July 2 Times Colonist running his yap about Royal BC Museum selling alleged fake Indigenous artwork (reproductions of Indigenous artwork with the artist's permission) next to the article about the Canada Day celebrations.

I am disgusted with the guy on the front page of the Wed July 3 Victoria News making it into the article about the Canada Day celebrations with his protest on the lawn of the Legislature during the Canada Day celebrations, plus his absolute lunacy about Canada Day being a celebration of cultural genocide. That's not what it is for most people. Don't call it that.

These were not the first two to talk out of their ass, and I'm sure they won't be the last. But at some point, people really need to knock it off.

RDL

Oh, and the guy in the Times Colonist has the nerve to accuse the Royal BC Museum of not wanting truth and reconciliation? His bully tactics on Instagram are so obvious and reveal that he does not want truth and reconciliation. Hypocrite.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It is sad RDL there is little appreciation now days, less than ever thanks to media, and hate pushers.
Really when someone takes a country they own the survivors nothing, not even life if you get down to it, but they are giver more, and more all to much.
I understand the historical dislike of the past events, I am part Cherokee, and a lot of other nationalities that all have had land took from them, family killed, and so on.
The thing is you get nowhere dwelling on all that, you survive, and deal with it, especially when the so called natives did the same to their own for thousands of years.
We just did it better.

Happy Canada day RDL, let the haters hate :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
AmorphisXXSL

Re: Indigenous people turning on themselves

I am sorry, that I interrupt you, but, in my opinion, there is other way of the decision of a question.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Indigenous people turning on themselves

Hello person above :)
So whats the question, and other way of the decision of a question ?
Interrupt at will, it's all good :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.