Addiction

General talk, and discussion.
User avatar

Renee
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4384
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181925Unread post Renee »

Blue Frost wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 10:24 am
I thought he was skinny, that's was the surprising part.
I'm about 6 foot tall, and 220, 34 waist, and 48 chest, so not so fat as much as wide chest. I also gain the hard type of fat which is worse than the flabby peoples.

I think to be 300 lbs you would need to be working out 10 hours a day in the gym, or be 8 foot tall not to be fat.
Yeah.... :laugh: A thin 300 lbs... :laugh:

I'm 5' 2" and my BMI is 28 so I'm still in the "overweight" catagory but I'm okay with that. Right now I'm where I was when I was in college playing ball. In fact I fit into the same size jeans I wore in HS.

I used to be a lot bigger...A LOT bigger. When I look at pictures of myself from 10 or 12 years ago, I gasp. I was huge. I can't believe I was under all that flesh and for years I didn't do anything about it. It's a wonder that after losing so much weight that I only had to have relatively minor cosmetic surgery to get rid of the excess me. I must be made out of elastic... :laugh:

When I calculate how much weight I have gained and lost and regained and then lost again, it's literally horrifying. It's really only the last 3 years that I really learned how to eat properly for my body and metabolism it seems to be working... :woot:


“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

User avatar

Renee
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4384
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181927Unread post Renee »

Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 7:12 am
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 5:28 am

300 pounds is only like 135-140 kilos... A man of my height with a little muscle weights that easily.
Granted I dont possess the slick italian swimmer body type to which you are so accustomed to due to your ethnic background.. :teehe:

Finns are usually a lot bigger than italians... Bigger overall..
Its a genetic thing.

You should listen to me, bitch..

Hey I can play videogames and workout. :teehe:
So Fins are fat fucks? Genetically obese as an ethnic group???? I don't think so... :think: :laugh:

Sorry dude but Fins are no bigger than the average northern European, "genetically" speaking. So you're a fat fuck...even by Finnish standards... :laugh:
You are the only person who calls me fat. :laugh:

I cant catch a break..
The other chick in my real-life thinks that I´m some kind of a gymhead and thats why she is insecure with me. :kez: :teehe:
Sorry Odi...I'm only going by what you are telling me...I've never seen a picture of you. To most people 300 pounds is "fat" unless you are some kind of body building anomaly.

BTW, just out of weird curiosity, when you say "other chick" does that mean the girl you have imprisoned in your basement?... :unsure:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

User avatar

Topic author
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 90668
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181928Unread post Blue Frost »

Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:22 pm
Blue Frost wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 10:24 am
I thought he was skinny, that's was the surprising part.
I'm about 6 foot tall, and 220, 34 waist, and 48 chest, so not so fat as much as wide chest. I also gain the hard type of fat which is worse than the flabby peoples.

I think to be 300 lbs you would need to be working out 10 hours a day in the gym, or be 8 foot tall not to be fat.
Yeah.... :laugh: A thin 300 lbs... :laugh:

I'm 5' 2" and my BMI is 28 so I'm still in the "overweight" catagory but I'm okay with that. Right now I'm where I was when I was in college playing ball. In fact I fit into the same size jeans I wore in HS.

I used to be a lot bigger...A LOT bigger. When I look at pictures of myself from 10 or 12 years ago, I gasp. I was huge. I can't believe I was under all that flesh and for years I didn't do anything about it. It's a wonder that after losing so much weight that I only had to have relatively minor cosmetic surgery to get rid of the excess me. I must be made out of elastic... :laugh:

When I calculate how much weight I have gained and lost and regained and then lost again, it's literally horrifying. It's really only the last 3 years that I really learned how to eat properly for my body and metabolism it seems to be working... :woot:
My BMI was lean, I forget the numbers, but for my age it was really good. I'm thinking it was 19 BMI.
But i still need to loose gut weight, and on my internals, I can breath, and feel much better with 20 lbs less on me.

You work out some, or exercise, some of that weight on you is muscle gain. It's good to a point so don't beat on yourself that much.
Me I get zero exercise, but been trying lately to get up more, and fight past the pains, and migraines to do a little more.
With my BP, and body attacking me all the time day, and night, it's hard to get with it you know.

User avatar

Odinson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4412
Joined: April 3rd, 2013, 1:50 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181931Unread post Odinson »

Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:36 pm
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 7:12 am
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 5:28 am

300 pounds is only like 135-140 kilos... A man of my height with a little muscle weights that easily.
Granted I dont possess the slick italian swimmer body type to which you are so accustomed to due to your ethnic background.. :teehe:

Finns are usually a lot bigger than italians... Bigger overall..
Its a genetic thing.

You should listen to me, bitch..

Hey I can play videogames and workout. :teehe:
So Fins are fat fucks? Genetically obese as an ethnic group???? I don't think so... :think: :laugh:

Sorry dude but Fins are no bigger than the average northern European, "genetically" speaking. So you're a fat fuck...even by Finnish standards... :laugh:
You are the only person who calls me fat. :laugh:

I cant catch a break..
The other chick in my real-life thinks that I´m some kind of a gymhead and thats why she is insecure with me. :kez: :teehe:
Sorry Odi...I'm only going by what you are telling me...I've never seen a picture of you. To most people 300 pounds is "fat" unless you are some kind of body building anomaly.

BTW, just out of weird curiosity, when you say "other chick" does that mean the girl you have imprisoned in your basement?... :unsure:
You´ve seen my face.. I only got one chin. :teehe:
Of course 300 lbs is fat if you dont have any muscle.. And anything above skinny is "obese" according to the BMI charts... Fat or muscle, you are still obese..

I´m going for the lumberjack look and not the beanpole look.


A woman I met recently... She is not fat but she is soft and curvy... She thinks guys like me want some kind of a fitness babe. :teehe:

User avatar

Renee
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4384
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181937Unread post Renee »

Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:36 pm
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 7:12 am
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 5:28 am

300 pounds is only like 135-140 kilos... A man of my height with a little muscle weights that easily.
Granted I dont possess the slick italian swimmer body type to which you are so accustomed to due to your ethnic background.. :teehe:

Finns are usually a lot bigger than italians... Bigger overall..
Its a genetic thing.

You should listen to me, bitch..

Hey I can play videogames and workout. :teehe:
So Fins are fat fucks? Genetically obese as an ethnic group???? I don't think so... :think: :laugh:

Sorry dude but Fins are no bigger than the average northern European, "genetically" speaking. So you're a fat fuck...even by Finnish standards... :laugh:
You are the only person who calls me fat. :laugh:

I cant catch a break..
The other chick in my real-life thinks that I´m some kind of a gymhead and thats why she is insecure with me. :kez: :teehe:
Sorry Odi...I'm only going by what you are telling me...I've never seen a picture of you. To most people 300 pounds is "fat" unless you are some kind of body building anomaly.

BTW, just out of weird curiosity, when you say "other chick" does that mean the girl you have imprisoned in your basement?... :unsure:
You´ve seen my face.. I only got one chin. :teehe:
Of course 300 lbs is fat if you dont have any muscle.. And anything above skinny is "obese" according to the BMI charts... Fat or muscle, you are still obese..

I´m going for the lumberjack look and not the beanpole look.


A woman I met recently... She is not fat but she is soft and curvy... She thinks guys like me want some kind of a fitness babe. :teehe:
Actually I'm not sure if I have seen your face. I saw a pic of some unwashed looking guy with long hair. Some say it was you, some say it wasn't. In any event, it didn't really leave an impression on me other than the greasy look which I don't like.

Sounds like your woman has self esteem issues and thinks she is not good enough for you. It's not an uncommon issue.

BTW, Fat people don't necessarily have double chins so that's not exactly proof that you aren't fat.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

User avatar

Odinson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4412
Joined: April 3rd, 2013, 1:50 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181939Unread post Odinson »

Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 5:41 pm
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:36 pm
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 7:12 am
Odinson wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 5:28 am

300 pounds is only like 135-140 kilos... A man of my height with a little muscle weights that easily.
Granted I dont possess the slick italian swimmer body type to which you are so accustomed to due to your ethnic background.. :teehe:

Finns are usually a lot bigger than italians... Bigger overall..
Its a genetic thing.

You should listen to me, bitch..

Hey I can play videogames and workout. :teehe:
So Fins are fat fucks? Genetically obese as an ethnic group???? I don't think so... :think: :laugh:

Sorry dude but Fins are no bigger than the average northern European, "genetically" speaking. So you're a fat fuck...even by Finnish standards... :laugh:
You are the only person who calls me fat. :laugh:

I cant catch a break..
The other chick in my real-life thinks that I´m some kind of a gymhead and thats why she is insecure with me. :kez: :teehe:
Sorry Odi...I'm only going by what you are telling me...I've never seen a picture of you. To most people 300 pounds is "fat" unless you are some kind of body building anomaly.

BTW, just out of weird curiosity, when you say "other chick" does that mean the girl you have imprisoned in your basement?... :unsure:
You´ve seen my face.. I only got one chin. :teehe:
Of course 300 lbs is fat if you dont have any muscle.. And anything above skinny is "obese" according to the BMI charts... Fat or muscle, you are still obese..

I´m going for the lumberjack look and not the beanpole look.


A woman I met recently... She is not fat but she is soft and curvy... She thinks guys like me want some kind of a fitness babe. :teehe:
Actually I'm not sure if I have seen your face. I saw a pic of some unwashed looking guy with long hair. Some say it was you, some say it wasn't. In any event, it didn't really leave an impression on me other than the greasy look which I don't like.

Sounds like your woman has self esteem issues and thinks she is not good enough for you. It's not an uncommon issue.

BTW, Fat people don't necessarily have double chins so that's not exactly proof that you aren't fat.
It was me and I WAS unwashed... Sorry. :teehe:
I wasnt going for the good first impression.

That is my impression too.. She is good looking, decent salary (40-50k per year), nice butt, nice tits..

Her thoughts are probably strengthened because I´m not exactly putting a lot of game on her... Just your usual witty comebacks... Nothing dirty.. :teehe:

User avatar

Mel Gibson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 2780
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181940Unread post Mel Gibson »

Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 10:11 am
Have you ever been diagnosed with clinical depression? Because you show all the hallmarks of being depressed. Maybe that's why you drink.
Yes. As well as a host of other things... ADHD, etc.

I actually do a wonderful job of hiding this from most people that I meet. I can 'blend in' well, having lived my entire life to perfect the technique. I know fat people are easily judged, since they are fat and cannot easily hide that. I don't have that problem though, since I look 'normal' to others...

Stigma, and other problems attached with having some troubles ensures that it is best to never be open with the general public completely.

I have consumed every pharmaceutical that is available to people like me, both legal and illicit. Nothing helps, so I am done with Doctor's. Besides, they can't prescribe the good stuff these days anymore anyhow...

I didn't like my brain right from the start, and school reinforced that for me. I couldn't sit there like all the other kids did, and dropped out the day I turned 16.

When I was a toddler, I hated seeing people around me drinking, which was a fairly common sight. I understand that more now.

It's hard to explain to people how one could live their entire life focusing in on nothing more than those drinks in the evening...

There's a reason I don't have a wife and kids, and it's not so much the drink even, but it's moreso me... And that's not so easily remedied.

User avatar

Mel Gibson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 2780
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181941Unread post Mel Gibson »

I have been given breaks by good people though, throughout my time on this Earth.

Law Enforcement, Employers, etc... A couple of 'slips' were permitted to 'slide'... I won't go into detail with that.

Mankind is not perfect, no matter how much we want it to be...

User avatar

Renee
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4384
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181944Unread post Renee »

Blue Frost wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:53 pm

My BMI was lean, I forget the numbers, but for my age it was really good. I'm thinking it was 19 BMI.
But i still need to loose gut weight, and on my internals, I can breath, and feel much better with 20 lbs less on me.

You work out some, or exercise, some of that weight on you is muscle gain. It's good to a point so don't beat on yourself that much.
Me I get zero exercise, but been trying lately to get up more, and fight past the pains, and migraines to do a little more.
With my BP, and body attacking me all the time day, and night, it's hard to get with it you know.
If you tend to build weight around your abdomen it's not good. It's also one of the hardest areas of the body to shed weight.

I know a lot of my weight is muscle. It comes from decades of softball and weight training....The position I played before my knee problems started made me "strong like bull" :laugh:

Your thighs glutes and lower back really get a workout "squatting" behind home plate. Also when you are a catcher, and if you want to play at a high level, collegiate, national, or pro...daily strength, speed and resistance training are an absolute must. When I was in H.S. and college I spent countless hours doing squats, power pulls, snatch pulls, sprints, ladders, hurdles, rapid response drills, footwork drills, joint integrity exercises, etc. So consequently I have a lot of muscle mass.

The only time I wasn't training for softball was when I was either "playing" softball or working a Renn Faire. And even working at a Renn Fair I was extremely active...Just walking and interacting with patrons at a large faire like NY or Sterling, for 12 hours in a day, in anywhere from 85 to 100 deg heat, is a workout. I actually saw girls faint from the heat and dehydration. Add tending horses, crowd control and doing supply runs for the food venders and it could get brutal. You sweat like a hog in all those clothes. At the height of the faire season I would actually lose 7 to 12 pounds of water weight between Friday night set up and Sunday evening close. The entire Wenche's Guild would have to pull their collective bodices 3" tighter by Sunday's royal joust.... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

User avatar

Renee
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4384
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181945Unread post Renee »

Mel Gibson wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 6:24 am
Renee wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 10:11 am
Have you ever been diagnosed with clinical depression? Because you show all the hallmarks of being depressed. Maybe that's why you drink.
Yes. As well as a host of other things... ADHD, etc.

I actually do a wonderful job of hiding this from most people that I meet. I can 'blend in' well, having lived my entire life to perfect the technique. I know fat people are easily judged, since they are fat and cannot easily hide that. I don't have that problem though, since I look 'normal' to others...

Stigma, and other problems attached with having some troubles ensures that it is best to never be open with the general public completely.

I have consumed every pharmaceutical that is available to people like me, both legal and illicit. Nothing helps, so I am done with Doctor's. Besides, they can't prescribe the good stuff these days anymore anyhow...

I didn't like my brain right from the start, and school reinforced that for me. I couldn't sit there like all the other kids did, and dropped out the day I turned 16.

When I was a toddler, I hated seeing people around me drinking, which was a fairly common sight. I understand that more now.

It's hard to explain to people how one could live their entire life focusing in on nothing more than those drinks in the evening...

There's a reason I don't have a wife and kids, and it's not so much the drink even, but it's moreso me... And that's not so easily remedied.
ADHD and depression go hand in hand. Sometimes the two actually get confused and misdiagnosed because the symptoms can mimic each other. Depression in children is many times mislabeled as ADHD. At the same time, ADHD can cause children and adults to become depressed. Frustration over the inability to interact with peers or to keep up in school caused by ADHD can and often times will lead to clinical depression.

Have you been on ADHD meds? Have you worked with a therapist? And I'm not taking about a couple of visits to a useless, socialist healthcare, shrink. ADHD treatment requires considerably more than that, like months and even years of treatment. Believe me,...meds and therapy can help if you are willing to give them a chance. I know, I was and still am to some degree an ADHD sufferer.

BTW, when you say the "good stuff", I know they generally don't prescribe old school ADHD meds anymore. Back in the day when I was in HS and college, they used to prescribe straight unmodified anphetemens for ADHA. Believe it or not anphetemens which make most people hyper actually calm the ADHD affected brain by increasing the release of dopamine. They allow you to concentrate and think in a more linear pattern. They help with your personality as well. They make you less irritable and as in my case, they made me more personable and helped with the social anxiety that sometimes comes with ADHD. I found that out quite by accident.

Unfortunately stimulants like anphetemens are dangerous to take over the long haul. They have some nasty side effects such as psychosis, irregular heartbeat, tics and seizures, skin pigmentation problems and addiction. Getting off them can be a pain in the ass. The crash that comes with quitting sucks...something I know from first had experience.

Today the more commonly prescribed medication is a modified type of anphetemen. They have the same side effects but to a much lesser degree. Non stimulants are used in some cases but they have their drawbacks as well....and NONE of these meds should be taken in conjunction with alcohol.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

User avatar

Topic author
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 90668
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181956Unread post Blue Frost »

Renee wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 11:49 am
Blue Frost wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 12:53 pm

My BMI was lean, I forget the numbers, but for my age it was really good. I'm thinking it was 19 BMI.
But i still need to loose gut weight, and on my internals, I can breath, and feel much better with 20 lbs less on me.

You work out some, or exercise, some of that weight on you is muscle gain. It's good to a point so don't beat on yourself that much.
Me I get zero exercise, but been trying lately to get up more, and fight past the pains, and migraines to do a little more.
With my BP, and body attacking me all the time day, and night, it's hard to get with it you know.
If you tend to build weight around your abdomen it's not good. It's also one of the hardest areas of the body to shed weight.

I know a lot of my weight is muscle. It comes from decades of softball and weight training....The position I played before my knee problems started made me "strong like bull" :laugh:

Your thighs glutes and lower back really get a workout "squatting" behind home plate. Also when you are a catcher, and if you want to play at a high level, collegiate, national, or pro...daily strength, speed and resistance training are an absolute must. When I was in H.S. and college I spent countless hours doing squats, power pulls, snatch pulls, sprints, ladders, hurdles, rapid response drills, footwork drills, joint integrity exercises, etc. So consequently I have a lot of muscle mass.

The only time I wasn't training for softball was when I was either "playing" softball or working a Renn Faire. And even working at a Renn Fair I was extremely active...Just walking and interacting with patrons at a large faire like NY or Sterling, for 12 hours in a day, in anywhere from 85 to 100 deg heat, is a workout. I actually saw girls faint from the heat and dehydration. Add tending horses, crowd control and doing supply runs for the food venders and it could get brutal. You sweat like a hog in all those clothes. At the height of the faire season I would actually lose 7 to 12 pounds of water weight between Friday night set up and Sunday evening close. The entire Wenche's Guild would have to pull their collective bodices 3" tighter by Sunday's royal joust.... :laugh:
I had really strong legs, and barely could get pants to fit, ripped a few out, but it's about all gone now.
Been thinking of joining a gym to maybe help my back some if it don't make it worse.
My Rhomboids need some muscle gain for support reasons.
i would bet I could get some of that muscle back in my legs pretty fast if things hold up in my psychotic nerve :teehe: yeah psychotic from hurting so bad, has to be crazy.

I wouldn't know where to start on my mid section as in fat loss except from changing diet.
No matter how much I complain the sweets keep coming my way, and just as bad the bread products being put under my nose at every meal even if i don't eat them. :facepalm:

User avatar

Mel Gibson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 2780
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181959Unread post Mel Gibson »

Renee wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 1:11 pm
ADHD and depression go hand in hand. Sometimes the two actually get confused and misdiagnosed because the symptoms can mimic each other. Depression in children is many times mislabeled as ADHD. At the same time, ADHD can cause children and adults to become depressed. Frustration over the inability to interact with peers or to keep up in school caused by ADHD can and often times will lead to clinical depression.

Have you been on ADHD meds? Have you worked with a therapist? And I'm not taking about a couple of visits to a useless, socialist healthcare, shrink. ADHD treatment requires considerably more than that, like months and even years of treatment. Believe me,...meds and therapy can help if you are willing to give them a chance. I know, I was and still am to some degree an ADHD sufferer.

BTW, when you say the "good stuff", I know they generally don't prescribe old school ADHD meds anymore. Back in the day when I was in HS and college, they used to prescribe straight unmodified anphetemens for ADHA. Believe it or not anphetemens which make most people hyper actually calm the ADHD affected brain by increasing the release of dopamine. They allow you to concentrate and think in a more linear pattern. They help with your personality as well. They make you less irritable and as in my case, they made me more personable and helped with the social anxiety that sometimes comes with ADHD. I found that out quite by accident.

Unfortunately stimulants like anphetemens are dangerous to take over the long haul. They have some nasty side effects such as psychosis, irregular heartbeat, tics and seizures, skin pigmentation problems and addiction. Getting off them can be a pain in the ass. The crash that comes with quitting sucks...something I know from first had experience.

Today the more commonly prescribed medication is a modified type of anphetemen. They have the same side effects but to a much lesser degree. Non stimulants are used in some cases but they have their drawbacks as well....and NONE of these meds should be taken in conjunction with alcohol.
I was a 1980's kid in Elementary School, so while it was heavily suggested by teachers and Doctors to medicate me, I never was. My Mother did not agree to that, so I'm not sure if it was her laziness as a Mother (which she was), or the fact that Ritalin did get over-prescribed in that era, which it did...

I won't get much into detail, but in Canada our Universal Healthcare is absolutely useless for things such as "talking to someone"... When my Ex left, I wasn't in a good position in life, so went to seek a second opinion. Nine fucking months later the Shrink called me in, but by then I was over the initial blow so it did little good. Our meeting lasted about five minutes, as I was "all good", and he can bring in the next billed patient...

I have actually ingested Methamphetamine on numerous occasions, since I had a friend that liked to rock the Meth back in tha day. He wasn't a bad guy, and that's why I hung out with him. He was all heart, and you could even leave your wallet out, and it would NEVER go missing, ever.

I digress...

It seemed to affect the others differently than it affected me though: Many of them would "jib out" and do weird and stupid shit on that shit, often for days at a time.

It was different for me though... It actually calmed me somewhat, and I could focus on whatever task at hand. I had no real desire to drink either!

User avatar

Topic author
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 90668
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181962Unread post Blue Frost »

Kids where not medicated when I was little, they got spankings, or chores to do.
Most the kids that have the so called ADHD just needs a good outlet, and a way to learn discipline.
A very few of them need meds, and it's child abuse to medicate kids that just need something, or someone.

User avatar

Renee
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4384
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181966Unread post Renee »

Mel Gibson wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 7:16 am

I was a 1980's kid in Elementary School, so while it was heavily suggested by teachers and Doctors to medicate me, I never was. My Mother did not agree to that, so I'm not sure if it was her laziness as a Mother (which she was), or the fact that Ritalin did get over-prescribed in that era, which it did...

I won't get much into detail, but in Canada our Universal Healthcare is absolutely useless for things such as "talking to someone"... When my Ex left, I wasn't in a good position in life, so went to seek a second opinion. Nine fucking months later the Shrink called me in, but by then I was over the initial blow so it did little good. Our meeting lasted about five minutes, as I was "all good", and he can bring in the next billed patient...

I have actually ingested Methamphetamine on numerous occasions, since I had a friend that liked to rock the Meth back in tha day. He wasn't a bad guy, and that's why I hung out with him. He was all heart, and you could even leave your wallet out, and it would NEVER go missing, ever.

I digress...

It seemed to affect the others differently than it affected me though: Many of them would "jib out" and do weird and stupid shit on that shit, often for days at a time.

It was different for me though... It actually calmed me somewhat, and I could focus on whatever task at hand. I had no real desire to drink either!
You might do well on a methylphenidate which is nothing more than a modified anphetemen. Brand names are "Concerta" or "Biphentin".

Side effects are usually well tolerated. But you can't drink.

Too bad your healthcare sucks for this type of application. Cognitive behavioral therapy for ADHD makes a big difference, if you are willing to work at it. God knows how I would have ended up if I didn't get into therapy. It actually did more for me than meds. In fact I don't take meds and can function well.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

User avatar

Odinson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4412
Joined: April 3rd, 2013, 1:50 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181981Unread post Odinson »

My sister ate Concertas for her ADHD.. But she stopped with them.

She was more messed up with them than without.

Now she aint taking anything and everything is fine.

User avatar

Topic author
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP
Posts: 90668
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 1:01 am
Location: Yodenheim

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181983Unread post Blue Frost »

I have to wonder if I had it, I would never know though being I was a workaholic, and always busy even if it was destroying something.
I do know my nerves are a mess especially with no outlet.

User avatar

Renee
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4384
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 10:05 am

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181986Unread post Renee »

Odinson wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 7:22 pm
My sister ate Concertas for her ADHD.. But she stopped with them.

She was more messed up with them than without.

Now she aint taking anything and everything is fine.
Define..."fine".

I'm not sure you're a good judge of that... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

User avatar

Odinson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 4412
Joined: April 3rd, 2013, 1:50 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 181991Unread post Odinson »

Renee wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 4:11 am
Odinson wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 7:22 pm
My sister ate Concertas for her ADHD.. But she stopped with them.

She was more messed up with them than without.

Now she aint taking anything and everything is fine.
Define..."fine".

I'm not sure you're a good judge of that... :laugh:
She acts like she used to..

I think she had depression because of her former boyfriend..

He wasnt that bad but his Ex had destroyed all his stuff and he was not allowed to see his kid... And because of that he didnt do any of the boyfriend stuff..
It wouldnt have mattered if he was there or not...

I told my sister many times that she should change boyfriend... So that I´m not the only carrying her furniture. :teehe:


Now she has a more physically impressive mine driller as her man... 6´4 - 6´5 ft tall.. Near as tall as I´am.
Plus he is like an oldskool gentleman.. Really mature for his age and he thinks ahead.. Really calm and stable.

Pretty stereotypical finnish guy who wants to live the normal family life... Hunting, doing yard work, building a cabin etc.

User avatar

Mel Gibson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 2780
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 182002Unread post Mel Gibson »

Now it seems that my Uncle and my ex wife don't seem to want to communicate with me much now either...

I've kept in contact quite regularly with a few people before I moved here for many years, including them, as well as some work associates.

It seems that with my move, even though I was never in physical contact much with these people in the first place, I'm "away" now... I guess this happens.

User avatar

Mel Gibson
Super Member
Super Member
Posts: 2780
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Re: Addiction

Post: # 182003Unread post Mel Gibson »

I don't know how this journey will end. Probably not well, but I don't know... I'm stuck with a somewhat rundown house now that I have no choice but to upgrade, to potentially regain any sale value back. It will cost me some dough.

I don't even know if there's work here for me, seeing as I have no skills anyhow. I am not rich, and have limited funds.

I know I make mountains out of molehills, but not a day goes by when I don't like the "security" of my 9mm...

Quick Reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
   
Post Reply