Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Tech Talk

Before I bought my Mustang, I checked out some new Nissan 370Z's... While I did decide to go Mustang, I have to admit that the 370Z Coupe is one HELL of a buy, for what you all get, if you're looking for a true sporty coupe of the Japanese origin.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have to consider I get a good discount on Ford products since i worked that. Employee pricing does take a large sum off the price of a car.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

I bet! New Mustangs, especially the GT version, aren't cheap! Which is one reason I bought one that was 'gently' used!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I get almost the dealer price minus the delivery charge, and add ons.
One hint, don't buy a car made on the weekend, Friday, and I would say Monday. A Tuesday is a good day.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Tech Talk

Mine has been excellent as far as reliability goes! Sometimes I wonder how Ford let this one slip outta the assembly plant! :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My 98 was a good car, the only issues I had I created by my hard driving around corners, welded the bearing together, and they exploded to little bits :teehe:
When I fixed it ti was like new, and it got totaled because a bunch of drunk Catholics messed up the road.
Loved that car.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Tech Talk

Scroll down, and compare :think: J Wang is selling this by the way.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

The fan in the bathroom stopped working. I am trying to replace the motor but the ones from home depot come with a different plug. Mine is a 3 port. I'm afraid to buy a new fan and not able to install it.

My unit

The fans that they sell is a 2 port normal house plug.
Mel Gibson

If you can get a part number from your fan motor, you might be able to order just the motor & fan. With part number, a Google search should quickly tell you if one is available.

If you can't locate one, you'll probably have to change out the whole unit (housing and all) with a new one.

You've checked that the breaker hasn't tripped?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You either have to do what Mel suggested, or take the housing out, and replace the whole thing.
It should be wired in like any household reciprocal .
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Tech Talk

I'll soon have enough Air Miles to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

One man I saw on tv took all his family to Hawaii, was like 22 of them, or more with his air miles.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Tech Talk

Ryanissimo wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 3:59 pm I'll soon have enough Air Miles to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

Must be a lot of airmiles. Took me and my mom years and years to have enough points for a budget low end blender.
Magnus

Tech Talk

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

33 people to Hawaii on air miles, i just have to wonder how many trips, and how long it took to get them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

At next month's Frankfurt Motor Show, BMW will display a one-off version of the forthcoming third-generation X6 SUV that's been fully coated in Vantablack paint, in which carbon nanotubes are used to create one of the darkest substances on Earth.

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Good luck repairing that BMW X6. I dont think bodyshops will carry that Vantablack paint. Here in Vancouver only 3-4 approved bodyshops can work on Teslas. Customers have to wait over a month for parts.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think it would be easy to match up since it's black, and not reflective like it is, a lot like a primer.
The accesss to the paint might be the hard part, especially in limited numbers of vehicles produced.
My thought is that insurance agencies would have that car, i think it would be hit constantly when dark being you can't see the thing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Tech Talk