Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Re: Re: Tech Talk

Blue Frost wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:28 am I'm not set on the scaggs, but leaning towards one, I have just gotten tired of these newer fake tractor mowers because they are all the same, and just a different name on them.
My old cheap walmart one was a lot better than this piece of garbage Cub Cadet.
Cub Cadet, just like the residential line of John Deere riders also, are nothing more than cheap riders that think they can charge a premium for using those names...

At least with Husky you get a decent residential grade mower, at a decent price, that doesn't pretend to be anything it's not...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maybe I should just get a couple goats, pygmy ones they are cute. :spit:
Still looking, one big issue with the one I have now is the deck isn't level, and the repair couldn't fix it, also the front wheels fall off if i get one off the ground on a hill sometimes.
It really does about kill me anymore fixing the4 stupid thing in this heat, and the migraines I have.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:38 am
Blue Frost wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:28 am I'm not set on the scaggs, but leaning towards one, I have just gotten tired of these newer fake tractor mowers because they are all the same, and just a different name on them.
My old cheap walmart one was a lot better than this piece of garbage Cub Cadet.
Cub Cadet, just like the residential line of John Deere riders also, are nothing more than cheap riders that think they can charge a premium for using those names...

At least with Husky you get a decent residential grade mower, at a decent price, that doesn't pretend to be anything it's not...
John Deere is worse than what I have now, they are nothing more than a kids toy from what I looked at.
The decks are paper thin also, and bend easily.
The shame is they where once top of the line.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:39 am Maybe I should just get a couple goats, pygmy ones they are cute. :spit:
Still looking, one big issue with the one I have now is the deck isn't level, and the repair couldn't fix it, also the front wheels fall off if i get one off the ground on a hill sometimes.
It really does about kill me anymore fixing the4 stupid thing in this heat, and the migraines I have.
My neighbour has goats, and while they keep the grass short, they come with a whole other set of work and problems!

My Husky has been good so far, even better with a few mods I've done so far (bypassing safety switches, trimming the discharge chute)...

It comes down to cost... Is a Kubota better? You bet! Do I need that kind of quality/durability for my uses? Not really...
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:41 am John Deere is worse than what I have now, they are nothing more than a kids toy from what I looked at.
The decks are paper thin also, and bend easily.
The shame is they where once top of the line.
Deere pimped itself out years ago... Their residential grade mowers are worse than Husky, but think they can still sell the green colour for a premium...

Hell, even their 'real' tractors are made in Mexico now, with Chinese parts, so they've totally pimped out their name.

At least Husky mowers are built in the US, with US made engines and trannies...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey those safety features are there for a reason :teehe:
I have took them off every mower I owned, I think they are on them just to piss me off sometimes.

I want a mower that will outlast me, and having a good deck, and engine is important.
The cheep decks like on the John deer, and Cadets is why I want a more commercial style mower.
Mel Gibson

I can jump off the seat with the blades engaged, and everything will stay running now! :laugh:

Husky does offer fabricated decks on some models, but my deck is pressed. Some claim the cheaper pressed decks actually mow the grass better!

For me, I figure if I have to replace the deck in 10 years or so, it's not a huge deal...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't mind a pressed deck if thick enough, most are not anymore.
Last i went to lowes most the mowers flexed when I put my foot on them, Deer was one, Cadets, Troy another.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 11th, 2020, 4:05 am I don't mind a pressed deck if thick enough, most are not anymore.
Last i went to lowes most the mowers flexed when I put my foot on them, Deer was one, Cadets, Troy another.
Try out a Husky deck... Mine is pressed, but is pretty solid. It won't flex at all. I have the three blade 48" cut deck, but they offer others... 10 year warranty on even their pressed decks (don't ask me how well they honour that though, since I don't know)!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Bigger than what i need, but something like I want.
48" is about right, and what I have now.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I found the 42" on Amazon, free shipping also :teehe:
https://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-967262 ... en&sr=1-12
Mel Gibson

I'm still not convinced that a zero-turn mower (expensive!) is best for the amount of area you have to mow!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

it's a lot of mower i know, but I can't cut with a self propelled anymore, and i have grown to hate the usual tractor mower.
Also I found out today that the house next to us might be going up for sale sometime so if I get a chance for the right amount Ill buy it, and that's almost an acre.
Ill just turn that house into a garage so nobody can live in the thing, and have space that will extend my yard.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Off to bed for me, been up 24 hours now :howdy: have a good one Mel .
Mel Gibson

Then that would bring your property size closer to mine that needs the mowing! My Husky is easy... Hydrostat trans means no shifting, no fucking around... Easy Forward/Reverse.

It takes me about three hours to mow this entire yard properly, but it isn't bad with my rider... There are a couple tricky/steep sections, but it's mostly flat. No problems so far with my machine!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 11th, 2020, 4:28 am Off to bed for me, been up 24 hours now :howdy: have a good one Mel .
Rest well!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: July 11th, 2020, 4:33 am Then that would bring your property size closer to mine that needs the mowing! My Husky is easy... Hydrostat trans means no shifting, no fucking around... Easy Forward/Reverse.

It takes me about three hours to mow this entire yard properly, but it isn't bad with my rider... There are a couple tricky/steep sections, but it's mostly flat. No problems so far with my machine!
Three hours, how big is your yard again ?
I used to cut a big church lawn about two, and a half acres in an hour on foot, 45 if I got with it .
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 11th, 2020, 1:49 pm Three hours, how big is your yard again ?
I used to cut a big church lawn about two, and a half acres in an hour on foot, 45 if I got with it .
There's probably two acres of grass in total. It's not all just one big square though, so there's a few obstacles to deal with. It's also not perfectly smooth, so you can't really mow full speed most of the time either.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maybe you need to rent a bulldozer for a while, and clean it up for cutting :)
I need a lot of dirt for my yard, it's got rough over the years, and it is a bit painful for me anymore hitting ruts, and bumps.

I cut my yard today including over the railway, might have took 25 minutes at most.
Mel Gibson

I've filled and seeded a few of the deeper holes, but to smooth out the entire lawn is simply a massive task that I don't wish to undertake! It looks good, just can't always mow at full speed... I don't mind mowing slower... have a beer or two and become one with the machine!