Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Re: Tech Talk

Hey RF, ever look at one of these cars the Toyota C-HR ?
Was wondering since you seem to look a lot at cars.
I'm wondering about them, might get one if I can fit in one comfortably.
27/31 MPG isn't bad

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Looks good. I think the Toyota CHR will fit you right. Smaller than RAV4. No AWD option though. It seem like a corolla with bigger cargo space. More sporty looking than my boring Honda HRV.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: August 11th, 2021, 7:10 pm Looks good. I think the Toyota CHR will fit you right. Smaller than RAV4. No AWD option though. It seem like a corolla with bigger cargo space. More sporty looking than my boring Honda HRV.
Yeah, no 4x4, or all wheel drive, disappointing there.
In the winter that would be handy here not that I can go far from home.
I need something with better gas mileage than my Rav 4, and of course I want something I think looks half way good.
I want the roof racks, and mud guards when i get it, and tented windows.
Just thinking I wonder how the view is when backing up, didn't think of that :think: Ill have to find one, and see before buying.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: August 11th, 2021, 9:10 pmJust thinking I wonder how the view is when backing up, didn't think of that :think: Ill have to find one, and see before buying.
I read the rear view no good. You'll have to rely on the rearview camera. The backup camera on mine is really phenomenal.

Some RAV4s have 6 cameras that offers a 360 view.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Those cameras are a pain in my view, but I'm not used to them.
Maybe if not getting 4x4 Ill just look at something else, but Ill still look at the C-hr.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

I don't trust the 'new technology' cars. Particularly, the collision avoidance system. Everyone I have talked to that drives a newer car has stories to tell about how the car will suddenly slam on the brakes if it 'detects' so much as a passing fly. At lower speeds, it can be an anoyance, but at high speed this safety feature becomes a real danger. There are millions of these out on the road now, and as time goes on, and the computers wear out or break down, you can expect a growing number of accidents. Fender benders, can be a real downer too as each time the mechanic replaces one of those cheap plastic fenders, he also has to replace the sensors and then they have to be recalibrated, it gets pricey.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I drove a few with this stuff, but have yet to say hey I like it.
Yeah I can see the blind spots if I look, but usually that don't do me any good since I look behind my car before I get in.
I don't like that part about changing sensors, they are expensive, and a pain.
I have changed a few in the past when they started using them, but not that type for driving, they where expensive then.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This is cool if anyone is interested in such things.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am glad that this video wasn’t very long. I’ve figured that something like this must be going on with the recycling of scrap metal but now thanks to this interesting video I have a much better understanding how the recycling of metal is done. I should review previous pages on this thread for more knowledge.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would be more interested in how much power those giant arch rods take, and how long they last.
What are they made of to take that heat also.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

beanthere wrote: August 13th, 2021, 9:09 am I don't trust the 'new technology' cars. Particularly, the collision avoidance system. Everyone I have talked to that drives a newer car has stories to tell about how the car will suddenly slam on the brakes if it 'detects' so much as a passing fly. At lower speeds, it can be an anoyance, but at high speed this safety feature becomes a real danger. There are millions of these out on the road now, and as time goes on, and the computers wear out or break down, you can expect a growing number of accidents. Fender benders, can be a real downer too as each time the mechanic replaces one of those cheap plastic fenders, he also has to replace the sensors and then they have to be recalibrated, it gets pricey.
My car have that collision avoidance thing. It does a hard brake. Some times I drive too aggressive. I believe icbc gives a 10% discount on your car insurance for having Autonomous emergency braking.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Apparently they dont work when the object is a small child.

A kid got killed on a low speed area in here.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hate the feature, and the change lane thing is real annoying for me.
See here you turn on a signal to get over people will nicely speed up, and block you, or hold the lane so you wont get over.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Interesting stuff, is a VPN worth it even if you are doing nothing wrong, and do you want privacy from an intrusive government, and companies who apparently own government.

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I got one of these wireless portable battery powered thermal printer from Amazon. No more spending money on ink but thermal paper are expensive. Thats how they get you. 100 sheets for $30. Gonna compile my own bylaw bible.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Most gas stations, and a lot of businesses have used that for years now, I always wondered why we didn't get them also.
Most likely you pay at the pump you get a print out on thermal paper done printed with a laser.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is the first time that I’ve heard of these small printers. They can save a lot of time, space and money.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

If you use pay at the pump, and even in some stores the printers are laser, and it burns print onto the paper.
Not all of them, but a lot do now, and have for a long time now.
usually the paper is a bit slicker than average paper I think.
If you look closely you can see little dots in the print sometimes.