Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Re: Re: Tech Talk

I would print something like bracket or a piece that was broken and the part is not sold anywhere.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I thought that also, I had a collectors item years back that had a broke cog in it I could have fixed.
I really don't need one, but it would be a good hobby, and the junk I make I can just give away.
I'm not a collector anymore so most I wouldn't want to keep.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

It is a beauty. Trimmer came with charger and 5Ah battery. Purchase also included a free 4Ah battery. Paid $278 Canadian. What a deal!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It looks like it's put together well, I like the way the Shaft is shaped for strength.
The thing reminds me of how one of those folding ladders work, the heavy duty ones that extend, and folds.
I hope it does you well.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Oh yeah, it should work well for him. I think he lives in Vancouver, so more than likely his lawn is about 6' X 12' in size... Easily handled by an electric machine!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I thought about getting one myself, Makita brand though.
I have a Shindowa commercial one, but it's rough on my shoulder, but it flies through about everything.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 17th, 2021, 11:18 am I thought about getting one myself, Makita brand though.
I have a Shindowa commercial one, but it's rough on my shoulder, but it flies through about everything.
Can't beat a straight-shaft gas trimmer for durability! I own a straight-shaft Husqvarna, but that's because my property needs a trimmer that can handle occasional use of a brush blade also, since part of this property can get a little wild!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have one, mine is a bit heavy, and makes my neck worse.
I did get the commercial one so it does cut like a demon, and sounds like it's taking off into flight.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Anyone here invest in stocks? I just bought some stocks for Ocugen, Bank Of Nova Scotia, and AMC.

I dont know anything about stocks but these look good right?
Screenshot_20210527-212814_Finance.jpg
(234.11 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: May 28th, 2021, 12:02 am Anyone here invest in stocks? I just bought some stocks for Ocugen, Bank Of Nova Scotia, and AMC.

I dont know anything about stocks but these look good right?
I invest in stocks. Ocugen and AMC may be risky in my opinion, but that's not to say they won't make you money. I'd keep an eye on these two, and sell them if you make any substantial gains.

Bank of Nova Scotia (as with most Canadian banks) should be solid long term shares to hold, that pay dividends. Depending on the amount of shares you hold, dividends are great because you can DRIP them, thus automatically buying more shares without having to pay any commissions.

Just a word of warning on US shares that pay dividends: You'll have to pay taxes on those dividends. That won't affect you right now though, since neither Ocugen or AMC currently pay dividends.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm getting out of the market soon I hope, It's on the edge I believe of total loss to the average investors.
With the Democrats running the show, and seemingly wanting a crash Ill not trust much in the markets, or value of the money.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

AMC is down. I'm losing money. I don't think I should play this game. Don't know what I'm doing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well to start you should only invest in what you are willing to loose just like going to a gambling place.
You also need to research, and look at long term history of the stock, and if there isn't any look at what they have to offer in a long term, what they are selling, and demand of product.
There is a lot to look at, and still there is risk, risk today is politics, and inflation which can crash a whole system.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, but we all are getting closer to a bubble popping, our money is inflated, and getting more inflated, and with Biden, and other idiots trying to sell us all out it may be soon.
Trump put a brittle crutch up for us, but termites are eating it up fast.

I think you might should talk to a reputable adviser RF, they might put you in a good direction where we cannot since we are all amateurs of the game.
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:10 pm AMC is down. I'm losing money. I don't think I should play this game. Don't know what I'm doing.
Don't be afraid of the game, just sit back and think smart before you make any hasty trades:

Don't ever sell at a loss, unless you have to for some sort of a financial emergency, or believe that the losses will be even greater long term (or permanently) if you don't sell. That said, you've just bought these shares, and have to understand that there will be daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly fluctuations, up and down. Day traders try to play this for their advantage, but don't even bother trying to do that or time the market, since most of them go broke anyways.

You're now a new self-directed investor, as once was I. I have made mistakes that have cost me money, and would fix them if only I had a time machine. You will make mistakes also. With self-directed powers, you will have nobody to babysit you, but this isn't always a bad thing.

It's always a good idea to keep your portfolio diversified, which you have with three different holdings. My rule of thumb is to never hold more than 20% 'risky' holdings in my total investment portfolio. What determines 'risky' is completely up to the individual.

As you've experienced, it's not a game for the weak, but if done right you should be OK. Diversify, and go with a long term vision. Trading daily will leave you broke. Since you're Canadian, I'd suggest your portfolio contain at least 75% of Canadian DIVIDEND paying stocks, like the banks, utilities, or similar... Companies that will still be around long after we're dead.

Slow and steady wins this race!
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I made the mistake of selling amc stock a day too early. It is up so high today.
Screenshot_20210603-011847_Finance.jpg
(193.4 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 7:33 pm I made the mistake of selling amc stock a day too early. It is up so high today.
I told you to hold for a bit, and not try to day trade that stock...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, it's a learning curve, but I hope you at least broke even.
I have lost thousands of dollars selling, but on the most part I'm ahead.
I wish my broker would listen more to me, I would have a lot more, he works for the bank though, and could care less.

What I need to do is find a broker that does nothing but make money for clients.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

is air canada good buy? When pandemic is over the airlines will be busy. Me and my idiot friend are trying to think of businesses that could skyrocket in the upcoming months. It was his idea to buy air canada stocks. I might also buy a few shares in Delta airline.
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 4th, 2021, 1:09 am is air canada good buy? When pandemic is over the airlines will be busy. Me and my idiot friend are trying to think of businesses that could skyrocket in the upcoming months. It was his idea to buy air canada stocks. I might also buy a few shares in Delta airline.
Air Canada may not be a bad buy. Only problem is they don't pay dividends, but I think the share value will certainly increase once all COVID restrictions are finally eliminated. I'd say it's a safe stock to purchase if you can hold them for at least a year or two.

I wouldn't buy Delta shares. First off, they do pay dividends, but since you'll be buying them off a US stock exchange, those US dividends will be taxed no matter what, just creating extra hassle for you. If I saw high potential in Delta's share values to increase substantially, that could offset the extra hassle, but I just don't see that potential.

I'd personally just stick to Air Canada shares if I were to invest in an air carrier.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 1:44 pm What I need to do is find a broker that does nothing but make money for clients.
I don't think they exist, which is why I self direct! Cuts out the middle man...