Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Re: Re: Tech Talk

Mel Gibson wrote: June 4th, 2021, 2:12 amI'd personally just stick to Air Canada shares if I were to invest in an air carrier.
Cineplex before the pandemic it was like $34 a share. Now it is $15+. When things are back to normal with all the people going to the theatres for big superhero movies I think it'll hit $30+ again. I might drop the most money on Cineplex stocks.

Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 4th, 2021, 4:23 am Cineplex before the pandemic it was like $34 a share. Now it is $15+. When things are back to normal with all the people going to the theatres for big superhero movies I think it'll hit $30+ again.
You can purchase whichever shares you wish, but I wouldn't touch CGX with a ten foot pole... Not before COVID, not during, and not after.
Reverse Flash wrote: June 4th, 2021, 4:23 am I might drop the most money on Cineplex stocks.
Are you trolling the board here now? I can't tell if you're trolling... Sure, invest most of your money into a dying entertainment business model, if you want to cry about your losses that is!

Don't think, that after two years of restrictions, Movie Going will be at the forefront of what people will want to do: The dynamics have changed... Families have learned to watch movies at home, and overpriced, overbuttered, expensive popcorn and expensive, warm, watered down Coke may not cut it anymore...

I could be wrong, but I'm probably not. Movie theaters were existing by just a thread prior to COVID, and you'd be an idiot to dump any more than 10% of your total portfolio holdings into them.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I have Air Canada and Cineplex in my portfolio now. Will put more in Air Canada. Everybody seem to want to travel once restrictions are lifted.
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:01 pm I have Air Canada and Cineplex in my portfolio now. Will put more in Air Canada. Everybody seem to want to travel once restrictions are lifted.
Good enough, but what I really worry about is that you're trying to make easy profits by day trading shares.

Don't try to day trade... You will go broke if you continue to do so.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: June 5th, 2021, 4:58 amGood enough, but what I really worry about is that you're trying to make easy profits by day trading shares.

Don't try to day trade... You will go broke if you continue to do so.
Let's do Mcnuggets.
Screenshot_20210605-155937_Facebook.jpg
(240.75 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 5th, 2021, 7:04 pm Let's do Mcnuggets.
Let's not, and we'll just pretend we did.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

DOMO made into a chicken nugget :laugh:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mozilla firefox lets you play youtube videos in the background without you needing to pay for anything.

I can listen to music while making Renees skin crawl. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:think:

I use Brave Browser, had it for a while now, it's built off Chrome, and supposedly more secure than most other browsers.
Anyway i like it so far.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Can someone see if this works :spit: I really think it would be funny to go into some place, and put up something funny.
Or you could even list the garbage in the food, rat poo, hair, scrotums :laugh:

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: June 10th, 2021, 1:52 pm Can someone see if this works :spit: I really think it would be funny to go into some place, and put up something funny.
I think this is just fake. No way this is true. Most monitors are not bluetooth. Maybe in some Asian or European countries where the system is flawed.

My stocks are mostly looking good. I'm buying too much. Want to profit at least $2000 in 2 months.
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 11th, 2021, 9:30 pm My stocks are mostly looking good. I'm buying too much. Want to profit at least $2000 in 2 months.
I'd sell Gamestop when you think the time is right, because when that share tumbles, it will tumble down so fast that they'll circuit breaker them...
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: June 12th, 2021, 5:36 am I'd sell Gamestop when you think the time is right, because when that share tumbles, it will tumble down so fast that they'll circuit breaker them...
Numinus Wellness might be good buy right now. They do the magic mushroom thing. Their dollar stocks could skyrocket to $8-$10 in the next few months.

Numinus is the first public company in Canada to receive a licence to produce and extract psilocybin from mushrooms.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: June 11th, 2021, 9:30 pm
Blue Frost wrote: June 10th, 2021, 1:52 pm Can someone see if this works :spit: I really think it would be funny to go into some place, and put up something funny.
I think this is just fake. No way this is true. Most monitors are not bluetooth. Maybe in some Asian or European countries where the system is flawed.

My stocks are mostly looking good. I'm buying too much. Want to profit at least $2000 in 2 months.
I have seen a few of those in the past, not many, but a few.
I have seen a lot of them in Japan on shows, and Anime, my guess they are common there, and places like Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan and other places.

I would keep a good watch on them, especially the third quarter, that's when I was informed a lot will happen.
I'm wanting out, I'm slightly ahead right now, and don't want to loos it.
We have major inflation on the way, and my thoughts is China will make another move on the Dollar maybe crashing it. You can't keep printing money, and major agencies have been told not to bring in cash.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I was telling you about the battery last spring. Never got it replaced. Was just too lazy. Had to call BCAA roadside assistance the other night. Battery failed. Today I jump started it from a Stanley portable power station.

New $99 Costco battery. Had to really hammer the positive terminal connector with a flat head screw driver to get it loose. Small and lightweight 51R battery. Was carrying it with one arm.

I'm looking to buy this Segway Ninebot ES4 E-Scooter. Speed of 18.6mph. Legal speed here is 14.9mph but nobody here cares about the legal max speed limit. One charge can get you up to 28 miles. There are some rules like no riding on sidewalks but nobody here seem follow nor care.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had to replace my battery a few months back, it was over 20 years old, 23 I think.
It still had a charge, but started needing jumped occasionally.

Hey those are fun scooters, my nephew had one :)
I couldn't be on it much because it screamed when i got on it, 220 lbs you know, it was bending with the weight, and slow.
Enjoy if you get it, and watch out for cracks , and raised places in the pavement, it can flip on you making you face plant.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: July 6th, 2021, 12:16 amHey those are fun scooters, my nephew had one :)
I couldn't be on it much because it screamed when i got on it, 220 lbs you know, it was bending with the weight, and slow.
Enjoy if you get it, and watch out for cracks , and raised places in the pavement, it can flip on you making you face plant.
I ordered it. $999. Gonna gift it to my sister for her birthday. For work she have to walk like 12mins to the skytrain and then 10mins from skytrain station to the office. With the electric scooter she will still have to take the skytrain but saves on walking time.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

What a cool brother you are, she should be ecstatic about it.
it should be fun even when shes not going to work.

She may need a helmet also just to be safe.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: July 6th, 2021, 12:16 am I had to replace my battery a few months back, it was over 20 years old, 23 I think.
23 years that's crazy. How can a car battery last that long. Experts says replace every 5 years.

The scooter they did not have it in stock. Ordered a more expensive newer E45 model but is it more heavy at 36ibs. I hope the weight is manageable when carrying it onto transit. Was trying to find one that's lighter weight but the battery on those don't have much range.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: July 6th, 2021, 8:03 pm
Blue Frost wrote: July 6th, 2021, 12:16 am I had to replace my battery a few months back, it was over 20 years old, 23 I think.
23 years that's crazy. How can a car battery last that long. Experts says replace every 5 years.

The scooter they did not have it in stock. Ordered a more expensive newer E45 model but is it more heavy at 36ibs. I hope the weight is manageable when carrying it onto transit. Was trying to find one that's lighter weight but the battery on those don't have much range.
When I bought it it had a 7 year warranty, and it cost me I think $240.
it died in two years so they gave me a new one in 2010, it lasted till a few months back when I bought a new one because it was not starting all the time after giving it a full charge.
I hadn't much issue with it, but I though I don't want to break down so I got another battery, they didn't have another one like I had so I got the best O'Rilliys had.
Funny thing after I took the one back the first time they changed the warranty to three years .
I think it was just a freak myself, but best battery I ever owned.

36 lbs is a lot to carry, but being it rolls will help on that part, taking it up stairs is what would be a pain.
They do make fold up bikes you know, maybe look into them if this doesn't work out.