Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Re: Tech Talk

I knew about the heavy lifting, and stuff, and also the dangers of some of the workings so I said no way.
I used to throw around the engine blocks for cars all the time, but one head on a Semi weighs a bit more.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

I'm really pissed off. Microsoft does it again! Everytime they decide to re-introduce a new or upgraded version, it messes up the 40 inch TV set I use as a monitor. I then have to play with the screen resolution settings until it gets back to 'normal'. Last couple of times, under advanced settings, I found a slider that helped me optimize the screen, but now it looks like the assholes did away with it, so now, at the moment, I have an overly sized, somewhat fuzzy widescreen, but at least I can access the taskbar now because every time they do this, they 'optimize' the taskbars and left hand icons right out of the picture. I really want to find the dumbass software engineers that are responsible for their 'updates' and beat them with a tire iron. :angry:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I guess it was a year ago, it took me a few weeks to get my screen right when they updated.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

After two evenings of trying to get my TV monitor back to normal, I finally found what I was looking for. If you right click the screen, you will see, (along with display settings which is where I was always going), two other menu options - graphics properies, and graphics options. I had assumed that the properties option would be just your usual properties info window that doesn't allow you to change anything. I tried the options and found an extension that said: panel fit, and then, 'maintain display scaling'. It didn't allow you to do anything. When I tried the other properties option, I found there basic, advanced, and wizard modes...I chose advanced and that's where the little buggars had hidden the slider option. If you just went into display settings from the control panel, you don't find this.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Glad you figured it out, I forgot all that over time since I have had my monitor a good while now.
Mel Gibson

I feel your pain. I'm still running Windows 7 for personal reasons, and it can still over-ride my Nvidia GPU settings if it wants to (refresh rate, etc), even though it shouldn't, and has no reason to do so.

I was raised in an age of computing where the machine would generally not do anything other than what it was directed to do by the user. That has now changed, with all common operating systems on all common devices.

An example: I don't have cell service at my house, but I do have Wi-Fi, and you wouldn't believe how much this confuses my cell phone... It will attempt to turn on location constantly, even though location is set to off. Not only that, if phone is turned off for any reason (reset, battery runs out), it will NOT pin back up to my Wi-Fi unless I drive 20 minutes down the road so it can pin to an actual cell tower. Then it 'magically' resets itself and everything works again.

My cell service provider cannot explain why this is, nor can Samsung. But I know why... My phone, due to the nature of its O/S, is confused as to why it can't spy on me with cell tower location while I'm using Wi-Fi...
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

The Playstation 5 console will be available for purchase online at best buy and Walmart November 12th. Once the clock hits 11:30pm on remembrance day i will refresh the web pages like crazy! $629 Canadian for the disc version. Sell my PS4 Pro for $250-$300.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want me a new computer, but they want a lot for a good gaming computer.

Why I want one is I can Mod a lot of the games I play, and might find more games I can.
I love modded games, you can add quest, armor,looks, and a lot more.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: November 6th, 2020, 12:23 pm I want me a new computer, but they want a lot for a good gaming computer.
Build your own! I built my current PC, and it's fairly simple... this way you can purchase the components that work for you.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

My PC cost around 2000 euros.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:31 am My PC cost around 2000 euros.
That's fairly expensive...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have built one in the past, but rather not since my brain isn't working quite as well as back then.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I think this new entry in the assassin's creed franchise is your type of game blue. Vikings! With Roman and Norse. The earlier assassin's creed games they tried to make it historically accurate but now they just want to make a good game.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That looks historical, historical mythology, and Epic Poems. :)
It looks like a cool game, I might have to look at it more.

I had an older Assassins creed game, but didn't get into it, and gave it away.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I came home with the new Xbox Series S and a new 280hz fast 1ms HDR gaming monitor. Sold my slow ass PS4 Pro.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

now you need all new games :laugh:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

My Xbox Series S seen to download games fairly fast. I never downloaded files at 168mbps.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice, it's flying.
Those games should have a good frame rate as long as those speeds keep up.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

What year was your house built? Any asbestos?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My house was built in 1967, the furnace was installed the day I was born.
No Asbestos, not even any insulation in the damn thing except what I put in.
The walls are cold, or hot since none is in them either.

Do you have Asbestos, don't disturb it if you can.
You actually need a hazmat suit when dealing with it, and a tent over the house here.