Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Power cut across Texas during nasty winter storm

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/texas-win ... -1.5914371

Ooh. Like no one saw this coming? It's like the wildfires that happen in California, what will you do if there are no fossil fuels to bail you out when the grid goes down. No more gas powered generators? At least, here in BC we have a new hydroelectric dam in the works, in spite of the opposition of koolaid drinking nitwits.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Re: Tech Talk

Those things are full of fossil fuels, and the deicer they will use on them will be more fossil fuels.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Hydro-Electric or Nuclear are still the best ways to create energy. Unfortunately some people cry whenever they want to start a new project... I guess they're fine with coal powered plants! :kez:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nuclear is the best, and really the safest, it's just the spent fuel that just needs dwelt with.
It's a real shame people don't push more for it.
If people don't want it in their area just put a massive plant in the Nevada Desert where they did all the Nuclear testing years back.

I think it was France that is almost all Nuclear power, 80% at least i think I read once.
No rolling blackouts like here, and there where the libtards are in charge here.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2021, 12:07 pm Those things are full of fossil fuels, and the deicer they will use on them will be more fossil fuels.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: February 18th, 2021, 9:13 am
Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2021, 12:07 pm Those things are full of fossil fuels, and the deicer they will use on them will be more fossil fuels.
They also hold a lot of oil in them, and it leaks out polluting the ground around them.
Also that much metal has to be smelted, and worked into what it is which is a massive amount of fossil fuels.
Then you add the plastic components that make it run, all fossil fuels.
The hypocrisy of the whole idea of clean energy is preposterous.
Nuclear is the cleanest there is, and water.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I'm an idiot installed a virus. Windows 10 wouldn't boot. None of the recovery options worked. Only thing that saved me was an old windows 7 ultimate disc that I thankfully did not trash yet. Thank goodness all my media files and documents are on the HDD. Formatted the SSD for a clean install.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

WOW, what a mess that is RF, there is usually a back way to open a reformat option, usually start in dos by hitting a few keys on boot.
I'm glad you have the data backed up, I lost mine a few times years ago.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mt laptop is useless right now. Touch pad won't work, no driver for my wireless mouse, won't read memory card, and no ethernet or network driver.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

If you have Win 7 on it can't you upgrade it to Win 10 for free. Not sure how that works, but i got the offer a few ties in updates.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: April 5th, 2021, 8:44 am If you have Win 7 on it can't you upgrade it to Win 10 for free. Not sure how that works, but i got the offer a few ties in updates.
Couldn't get on the internet on windows 7. The ethernet and network adapter drivers were missing. I installed windows 10 from USB stick and everything is working fine now.

I was looking for a new laptop. Maybe a $2000 Dell with 11th gen Intel i7 processor. High end gaming laptop is way out of my budget. I just need one with nice fast cpu. The one I have is still fairly fast with an older generation i7 processor and 16GB ram.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Glad you are back online with it, I know it's a pain.
I'm still looking myself for a gaming computer, they are expensive though.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Someone got into my Instagram and Facebook account and posted a spam ad for fake rayban sunglasses and tagged all my friends. I'm afraid that virus thing somehow got into my accounts.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hope you changed all the passwords, and warned your friends.

Somehow on Facebook someone got something like 500,000 peoples accounts, maybe one was you.
Someone at Facebook said they where not going to tell people.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I just did my taxes online. I owe the government $1735 :scratch: . When you do your taxes do you owe money or get a refund?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I usually owe, but the last two years i broke even from what I paid in extra so I guess I'm still paying in.
The most I paid in was a bit more than $11,000 for a few years when i was still working.

I still need to get my taxes done this year, not been able to do it the last few weeks because my health.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Anyone interested in 3d printers ?
I'm thinking of getting one, not sure about what to get though.
I do know I want something with good quality prints, and a large build area.
I see a lot of them on Amazon, but few with a big print area, and a good machine, or rating.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

What will u print? How does the material work? I have Dean Winchester's amulet 3d printed in brass. I think most 3d printers print in plastic? Do the material come in liquid form?

If you need something 3d printed there are local places to go for that.

Maybe just save up for that epic gaming desktop with a RTX 3060!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

There is two types of them, the most common prints rolls of plastic like a spool of weed eater line, the second prints a liquid.
The line printers can print a metal line on a lot of them, I want that on one also.

What i would print, anything I want that will fit on the plate.
Things for the kids, things for friends, and family, things just things. :)
i could print you something even if I had one.

They have glow in the dark line, multi colored line in plastic, and metal also.

i just need a hobby is all, I like making things, but haven't for a long time.