Other Television Series Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Other Television Series Talk

I liked how the planet was hollow except for the molten core, funny that it should be a dead core being the planet is vented like it is.
The creatures crawling out of it would be far fetched also, gasses alone would likely kill them along with the heat.

i wonder if they will do more, they left a lot to be known on so many levels.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

5 episodes left of Supernatural, the last one was alright.
I missed last weeks, and the audio is bugged on the site I use :facepalm:

Discovery is back on also for season 3.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: October 15th, 2020, 10:42 pm 5 episodes left of Supernatural, the last one was alright.
I missed last weeks, and the audio is bugged on the site I use :facepalm:

Discovery is back on also for season 3.
You've now seen more of Greater Vancouver that most Vancouverites have! :laugh:

Before I left Langley, they'd film all over the place there for as long as I could remember. X-Files, Smallville, Supernatural, and tons of others!

When they roll out the fake plastic rolled foam snow over lawns in the summertime to shoot a Winter scene two blocks away but it's windy, and you ask the IATSE crew if they need a hand controlling the 'snow', you know you're in movie territory! Especially when the crew wanted the help, but union and shit! "Nah, we'll try the shoot again tomorrow when there's less wind, but thanks man!"
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well I'm happy seeing it, and more happy Hollywierd isn't profiting as much.
We had a few here years back, Night of the living dead I believe :laugh: they just filmed people on a normal day like every other day. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just watched an episode of a series called Helstrom, it's about fighting daemons, and such.
The episode was pretty good if interested in that stuff.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:25 pm Just watched an episode of a series called Helstrom, it's about fighting daemons, and such.
The episode was pretty good if interested in that stuff.
That's filmed here also! :laugh:

Probably one of the most recognizable scenes in Greater Vancouver film is Essondale, properly known as the Riverview nuthouse. Believe it or not, this place actually housed nuts until fairly recently. Then we decided to 'save money' by throwing many of them out into the streets instead:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I noticed that, and other places I have seen in Supernatural before.
That cell block has been in several shows, and movies also.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: October 17th, 2020, 2:07 pm I noticed that, and other places I have seen in Supernatural before.
That cell block has been in several shows, and movies also.
It's an interesting place. There are other old nuthouse buildings on those grounds also, like the one below. I actually used to deliver supplies to them when they still housed around 300 nuts (down from the full capacity of around 5,000 nuts they housed back in its heyday). There is an underground tunnel connecting a couple of the buildings which was used to transfer nuts way back when, because when it was built it wasn't acceptable to have nuts in plain view. The grounds were always publicly accessible, just like any other hospital, except you couldn't just walk around inside the nuthouses themselves.

Most of the secondary buildings are off limits inside, even for filming now. This is because the BC government came up with the wise idea of turning off the heat in them to save money when they no longer housed nuts. Since it's wet here, that caused mold, and also caused the asbestos insulation inside to start deteriorating too.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Now the nuts are out they vote for people like Trudy, and down here Obama, and Hillary, Burnout Sanders, and of course Joe the dingdong.

Those are some nice looking buildings, it's a shame they let them deteriorate like that.
Someone should actually be curb stomped for letting that happen being Tax money was likely used to build them.
They could at least sold the place to someone who would keep it up.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

10 more days

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix. First episode was just so over the top good. The humor is awesome. Pretty fake karate though.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ill have to see it, I hope it's good.
I watched a few shows yesterday, Supernatural, Pandora, The outpost where a few.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Star Trek Discovery is back on, Odi's cute plump redhead is back. :teehe:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 4:02 pm Ill have to see it, I hope it's good.
It's pretty good. It continues from The Karate Kid movies. The original actors that played Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence in The Karate Kid movies in the 80's are back for the Cobra Kai series. Miyagi-Do Karate and Cobra Kai dojos are started up by Daniel and Johnny. The tournament in the season 1 finale was darn good. I'm on season 2 now. Season 3 is coming January 2021.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh, I didn't know it was from that, I had a hard time watching the first movie.
Ill check it out though, but not sure if Ill like it.
I was hoping it was about something more Super Hero, and maybe Daredevil like.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I watched an episode of Barbarians today, it was pretty good, but in mostly German.

It's about the Germanic tribes fighting Rome, and the lead up of the Germans annihilating them in the Teutoburg forest.
If anyone knows Roman history you will remember the Roman governor, and General Varus lost several legions to a smaller number of Germans in a guerrilla type battle as the Germans marched several miles through the forest.
Ceasar always cried about the loss saying Varus where is my legions.

What started it was Varus was given governorship, and then demanded harsh taxes on the Germans who never had to do so before.
The Germans where at peace with Rome, and even supplied the Romans with men, and hostages.
Hostages in that time where the leaders children usually, and they in turn where raised as Romans.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well Baby Yoda is back on again, i just watched the first episode of season two of the Mandalorian.
it was pretty cool :)
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: October 30th, 2020, 11:45 pm Well Baby Yoda is back on again, i just watched the first episode of season two of the Mandalorian.
it was pretty cool :)
The dragon was kinda cool. Hate how its only 1 new episode a week.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Dragon worm thing was pretty cool.
One thing I thought stupid though was not feeding the thing the pack animals before the battle, and just detonating them after they got ate.
Would not have had to put everyone in danger, but would have been a shorter episode though.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I'm watching The Witcher. On episode 2. Have you.played the videogame? When I'm watching the show I'm just picturing myself playing as The Witcher.