Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

:monday:

Well having the best day I have had in maybe a year, but it's raining, windy, and just nasty out.
The shame is it's warm enough to do stuff, and did I say I feel pretty good today. :facepalm:
Well there is always sorting junk out, and cleaning inside.
I already fixed a leaking toilet, and got some old shirts out for the rag bag, got most the Christmas stuff done up, and just two more gifts to be found. :)

So, what are you wishing for for Christmas this year ?

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Registered Guest wrote: December 8th, 2019, 4:12 am
Renee wrote: November 8th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Blue Frost wrote: November 7th, 2019, 5:44 pm bad news today for me, i had another aunt pass away.
She was on my dads side, and been in bad health a long time.
The last few days she went code red several times, but this time it was all she could take I guess.

Out of 11 children there is now two, life is short so make the most of it, and hug as many people as you can that you love.
My condolences. Losing a family member or loved one is never easy.

You are correct, life is short. It seems to go by in a blink.

A few years ago I started to realize that I am no longer a kid anymore. When I first started on these forums, I was barely out of my twenties..I was a snot nosed, smart ass....Now I'm a middle aged woman and those years of youth are lost to me. It's all down hill from here and if anyone tells you that they look forward to growing older;...they are either lying, or fucking insane.
Blue, I am sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt.

Yes, life is shorter than most of us think.

Renee, nice to see you. I agree, as we go into our twenties, we think we will be there forever.
Then the sudden shock that the 30's, 40's, 50's, etc are now behind us.

I don't feel it. but my 70's are not to far away.

Enjoy your 30's and 40's, all of a sudden the years will pass by so fast, you will ask yourself, "where did the last ten years go"

Again, nice to see you Renee.

Best regards

Registered Guest.
Nice to see you too RG.

We have to make the most of everyday we are given. Life is too short not to. But sometimes that's easier said than done.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

You know what I just discovered..

John Morton, one of the founding fathers of the USA, was a finnish man..

Morton = Marttinen.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He was born in America, his father was Finnish, so he was of Finnish descent .
Brings to mind that there where Presidents before Washington in America, but they where just President of the colonial congress. Most people don't know about them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hows it going Beanthere ?
You ready for Christmas, just a few more days :)
I'm ready, but do wish it was over with, It's stressful, and annoying to me.
It's the finding stuff people will like that I hate, and the rude people you have to deal with.
i will be happy to see the kids faces when they get their gifts, now that's what Christmas is all about. :)
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Yeah, I'm ready sort of. I try to steer clear of the malls during the Christmas season, and will only shop on my way to work as it is at this time that the stores are free of crowds. I just buy simple stuff like chocolates and gift cards for people, although now, gift cards, you have to be careful to examine them for signs of tampering. I went to one store recently to by a card for my brother and found most of the cards in the rack looked fishy. It's become a real epidemic. Anyhow, we will do our usual thing where we go to a friends house for Christmas eve, ( a Filipino tradition), and then we will hang out at my sisters house Christmas day as my mom lives with her, but it's harder for her to get around. My oldest son will be working Christmas day.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Last time I got gift cards they put the amount on them at the register, but most places likely do differently.
I just give money most the time, it spends well enough. :)

My family will be going out to eat, Ill stay here likely, and be a Grinch. Ill eat all the goodies when they are gone.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Merry Christmas. Back to work tomorrow. Ticketing and towing cars for the holidays. Saving the world from parking thieves. May the holidays bring you joy and peace.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: The superhero of tickets, and car towing, someone has to do it.
I hope you don't get a lot of people wanting to attack you, and cursing you out, that would have to be a rough time.
It's funny, they do wrong, and you get the flack from it because they got caught.

I had one ticket in my life for parking, and I had no choice other than miss an important meeting that would have cost me much more than the ticket.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh, Merry Christmas RF, hugs, and best wishes to you, and your family :) I do wish you well.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

So, did anyone get what they wanted for Christmas ?

I already mentioned about my gun I got so what did you get ?
Maybe you didn't get what you wanted, what was it ? :think: I wanted that Styre Aug, but didn't get that since they raised the prices up after I got the money up for it.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I got what I wanted...To be left alone... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I never get that, but at least yesterday I had a quiet day.
My big pain doing Christmas is being harassed to go out to eat, and associate with family.
I love my family, but rather not sit down to eat with them, or mostly deal with the noise.
I can deal with one, or two at a time, but all of them :facepalm:
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:02 pm So, did anyone get what they wanted for Christmas ?

I already mentioned about my gun I got so what did you get ?
Maybe you didn't get what you wanted, what was it ? :think: I wanted that Styre Aug, but didn't get that since they raised the prices up after I got the money up for it.
Ya! Ford installed a leveling kit on my 2020 F150 Special Order on the 24th, so I can't complain about that!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A leveling kit, I never understood why they make them on a tilt anyhow.
i was looking at 150s early in the year, and if I got one was going to lift it, and level it.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

What's a leveling kit? I got $50 from my grandmother. Some beef jerky from my mom.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A leveling kit raises the front of the truck to be even with the back, most trucks are built two to four inches different.
People usually raise them to put bigger tires under them, or lower them to close that absurd wheel well to tire difference.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Beef Jerky sounds good for Christmas :teehe: I wish I had some now.
Been thinking of making me some lately.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 28th, 2019, 6:06 pm A leveling kit raises the front of the truck to be even with the back, most trucks are built two to four inches different.
People usually raise them to put bigger tires under them, or lower them to close that absurd wheel well to tire difference.
Correct! Here she is with a 1.5" level wearing 34" BFG KO2 tires, which aren't quite 34"... Probably more like 33" in reality!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

nice looking truck Mel, it should do you well out there where you live.
I always hated that slant on the trucks, and on some of the old one even if you leveled them the back bumper was still tilted.
I had to make brackets, and cut a lot to get some of them right for people.