Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Reverse Flash wrote: January 11th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Blue Frost wrote: January 10th, 2020, 12:23 pm Being that I was jobless the first time I got one I didn't have the money, or time to go sit in a courtroom no telling how long.
I just wrote them telling them I didn't have a car, but they could give me a ride so pick me up.

You can get in trouble in some places for not going, but being that it's a civic duty that's really uncalled for.
I'm not a person to want to do it so i made excuses the times I was called upon.

The last time i got one was when working at Ford, and being it only paid like $7.20 to be a juror at the time I told them straight out no.
I never got another letter since.
My manager says I'll be paid for the day. Our collective agreement says something on it. A coworker's brother got in trouble for not responding and not going.
I think we got paid so much from work also, but i would have been still loosing a lot, and also it was hard for me to not be there being over 24 people.
You can be held in contempt I believe for not going, but they usually don't bother here.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

This snow we are having is too much. My back was hurting from all the shovelling. My car seem to be buried. Might not make it to work tomorrow. No winter tires.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sorry to here your hurting, try not to over do it if you have already.
Take a hot bath if you can, it might help some.

Here it was a little wet today, but warm out, I got out a few minutes a few times.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Kung Hei Fat Choy! Just planning my March trip to Seattle's Emerald City Comic Con. My manager will be there for his love of Dungeons and Dragons. A friend will be cosplaying as Captain Spiderman. I will be driving down with my two coworkers. Meet up with our manager and my midget Captain Spiderman friend. Have an appointment for my enhanced driver's license that grants me access to the United States Of America by land or sea. The last time that I was in Seattle Washington was like late 90's. I'm excited to step foot in American soil.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice, and I used to play D&D way back when :0 good times.
I hope the show is fun, and has some neat stuff to see, or some cute girls :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm happy to say my mothers just had surgery on her heart, and all is well :)
If you didn't see in the TV thread, I had to run her to the emergency the other night, she had a heart attack.
She didn't even know what it was since it lasted for days, it was a heavy feeling on her chest is all, no pain.
So you woman out there, please please don't ignore that feeling, or pain in the upper back, in the neck, or arm.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I'm happy and glad she is fine now. Scary thing. Heart attack is seriously.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thanks again RF, and it's scary learning you might have lost your mother.
I know I will eventually, but we never want that to happen, and we don't want to think about it.

I have to think about myself also, both my grandfathers dies of heart attacks at my age, and I'm not in my best health.
Ill be setting up an appointment this week when I get the time, and a few other appointments for other things. :wacko:

I guess around 50 everyone news to go get a full checkup.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 12:37 pm I'm happy to say my mothers just had surgery on her heart, and all is well :)
If you didn't see in the TV thread, I had to run her to the emergency the other night, she had a heart attack.
She didn't even know what it was since it lasted for days, it was a heavy feeling on her chest is all, no pain.
So you woman out there, please please don't ignore that feeling, or pain in the upper back, in the neck, or arm.
Glad to hear that your mom is okay. :thumbsup:

Women have different symptoms than men when it comes to heart attacks. That's why years ago heart attack mortality rates for women where so poor compared to that of men.

Years ago healthcare professionals just didn't know how to recognize the signs of a heart attack in women because they can be kind of ambiguous.

Signs beyond the usual chest pains are:

1. Jaw pain
2. Excessive sweating
3. Stomach cramps
4. Shortness of breath
5. Nausea
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My mother had 3,4,and 5, along with a heavy feeling on her chest for a few days.
The doctor said this wasn't the first she had also so apparently she had one, and didn't even know it.

Shes feeling pretty rough right now, the meds are messing her up quite a bit. I'm still worried.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 6th, 2020, 5:39 pm My mother had 3,4,and 5, along with a heavy feeling on her chest for a few days.
The doctor said this wasn't the first she had also so apparently she had one, and didn't even know it.

Shes feeling pretty rough right now, the meds are messing her up quite a bit. I'm still worried.
How's your mom doing?...Hopefully she is feeling a little better.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: February 13th, 2020, 7:48 pm
Blue Frost wrote: February 6th, 2020, 5:39 pm My mother had 3,4,and 5, along with a heavy feeling on her chest for a few days.

How's your mom doing?...Hopefully she is feeling a little better.
Thanks for asking Renee, shes doing better, but the new meds are causing her a lot of issues.
She still wont sit still, shes pretty much like me, and has to be doing something, not that I can do much anymore.

i was thinking today, since a lot of people die this time of year, a lot is because a lack of sun, and natural vitamin D.
Sun creates Vitamin D from your cholesterol, and we stay indoors way to much now days, especially in winter.
I would think that's a major reason so many die this time of year in late winter.
Well just a thought, but makes some sense to me.

I worry so much about today's kids, they will be humped over little trolls by the age of 30.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Valentines day peoples :rose: :kiss: :rose:
I hope you all have a great day, and those with romantic loved ones near lots of hugs, and all that. :)

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well more bad stuff for my family, my niece is in the ICU with a stage three heart block.
Shes waiting for her doctors to get it together, and they will be putting in a pacemaker :(

Shes like my own daughter, and I'm really distressed about it, and worried something else will come up.
Whats really bad is I can't go see her at the moment, and that makes me feel even worse, been dealing with my little niece some, and a puppy along with having a three day migraine.
My chiropractor moved away so that's been affecting me a lot.

I really hope you my online friends is alright, and happy.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey RF, whats the plan for tomorrow :) I hope something good is going on.
If you where here I would buy you a cake :cakegirl:
:happybirthday:

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

The jury selection thing was a big waste of day. Stood in the courtroom for hours. There were like over a hundred people. Didn't call me up. Only needed 28 jurors for the two trials. First dude he was accused of sexually assaulted an EMT. Second guy's case was manslaughter. My boss is paying me for the day. I'm thinking most people don't get paid for the jury duty selection process. They just get screwed by the government. Some looked miserable for being selected. People came up with all kinds of excuses when called up. Judge wasn't buying some of the BS. He acted like they should be grateful for serving.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 9:51 pm Hey RF, whats the plan for tomorrow :) I hope something good is going on.
If you where here I would buy you a cake :cakegirl:
:happybirthday:

Thanks. I am so old now. Was in my early 20's back in discover Vancouver days.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You are only as old as you want to be when you do get old, lol, I'm still a kid in most aspects even though I can't move very well.
Well anyhow Happy Birthday :) glad you made it.

Jury duty is suppose to be a civic duty we should appreciate, but our judicial systems ruin it I think.
Anyone forced to do it isn't right either, animosity can cost someone bad to go free, or innocent to spend time.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

How have you been? 8 cases of the coronavirus here in BC Canada.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thanks for asking :)
I'm almost good today :) getting over some issues, and family health stuff leveling out for now.
As I mentioned in a post above my niece had to have a pacemaker put in, and my mother a heart attack.
The stress, and worry has been hard on me, I'm still quite worried about them even though they are both at home now.
I got a little sleep the last two nights, and pain is down so I'm good as usual at the moment, and anxious for warm weather so I can get some sun :)

I really hope you, and your family is good, nothing like good health, and no worries on your mind.