Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

beanthere wrote: March 25th, 2020, 10:40 pm Hi Twilight. Nice to see you pop in. :hi:
Hello BT. :)

Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Frosty... do you remember Doc Watson? What happened to him, I think about him sometimes and wonder if he's still about somewhere, people used to be dismissive of him and what he used to talk about... also, another fella on here, I forgot his name but he was Canadian and had one word as his name. Was it Keeper? :think:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Twilight turtle wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:34 pm
beanthere wrote: March 25th, 2020, 10:40 pm Hi Twilight. Nice to see you pop in. :hi:
So, have you been laid off as well? So many people are now. In my family though we are the lucky ones. I'm still working, so is my wife at a large grocery, and my son is doing security at a local hospital. I feel for those though who who don't know where their rent money or mortgage payments are going to come from. Even buying food can be hard now.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:33 pm
Blue Frost wrote: March 25th, 2020, 10:11 pm Hey :woot: :woot: :woot: It's Twilight :woot: :woot: :woot:
Sorry I missed you today, i was trying to get some things taken care of since it was almost nice out.

I think a lot of people if not most don't even know how to make food out of ingredients, to be honest I can't make much myself.
I can make everything I eat, but nothing fancy if I had to do that.
Frosty, sorry I missed you... I forgot about tis topic. :rose: I can't say I'm great cook either, just basics but could always learn more or dig up some old recipes I used to make. I do make tasty cheese, onion, potato and tomato pasties even tho I say it myself. my sultana fruit cake with brown sugar in and free range eggs. How long you could keep up with all that baking from scratch, I don't know. I can't do fancy stuff either...
I have a limited amount of things i like, i should know how to make them all, but I don't.
I can get along alright though with what I know since most stuff I like has few ingredients.
Lasagna, and good pizza is what I need to learn, I have made them in the past, but still I need to practice to remember.

The thing is today, you can buy most stuff pre made, and people forget how to make things as simple as pizza dough, and Noodles for themselves.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[quote="Twilight turtle" post_id=183786 time=1585690430 user_id=5}
Frosty... do you remember Doc Watson? What happened to him, I think about him sometimes and wonder if he's still about somewhere, people used to be dismissive of him and what he used to talk about... also, another fella on here, I forgot his name but he was Canadian and had one word as his name. Was it Keeper? :think:
[/quote]

Doc, I remember him, and miss him, Keeper I was thinking of the other day, I really liked the guy.
So many just move on, and never give a reason, or where they are going. I think keeper left because Sharlee did, but I may be wrong.
I do hope he is well, like I said I liked him, he was a great person.
Sharlee was a sweetheart also, shes missed a lot.
Been missing you a lot, and so glad you came back a bit, and sorry I missed you, been having issues, and busy a lot lately. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Taxes got done, yesterday, glad that's off my head.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Frosty, I've missed you too. Issues, I know. :flower: ... Not the bloody taxes again, it's always money with "them" isn't it. It's got where they want tax off you but couldn't care less if you have enough food to eat. Sharlee, maybe she met someone... or too busy with her kids or job.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

beanthere wrote: March 31st, 2020, 11:28 pm
Twilight turtle wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:34 pm
So, have you been laid off as well? So many people are now. In my family though we are the lucky ones. I'm still working, so is my wife at a large grocery, and my son is doing security at a local hospital. I feel for those though who who don't know where their rent money or mortgage payments are going to come from. Even buying food can be hard now.
BT, I haven't got a job but have some savings thank gawd. I know, it's the working folks or have worked that are always left in the dust. It's not right really. There are a lot of duffers here where I live, drugs and booze is rife and anti social behaviour. I bet they'll be the last to go without.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: April 1st, 2020, 4:48 am Frosty, I've missed you too. Issues, I know. :flower: ... Not the bloody taxes again, it's always money with "them" isn't it. It's got where they want tax off you but couldn't care less if you have enough food to eat. Sharlee, maybe she met someone... or too busy with her kids or job.
Luckily I didn't have to pay this year, but still it cost me a lot to get my taxes done because of my worthless investments.
i would be getting some money back if not for them the lady said.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Frosty, I'm glad you're free of the tax burden this time. They expect you to keep paying in, decade after decade... time you had a rest from it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm happy it's done, it's just a shame we don't just pay as we go, and that would be that.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Cute. Even the roll of toilet paper. :laugh:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

In our family, everyone is always coming and going around my house. It is rare for all of us to be there at once. Also, Sundays, I usually go to my sisters place and we eat supper there with her and my mom, but I developed a cough, and thought it prudent to stay away for a couple of weeks as my mom is 91 and frail.

So, we had a rare Sunday Easter dinner at my house. Everyone pitched in except my oldest who was sleeping off a night shift. We had barbecued steak and chicken, potato wedges, sauteed onions and mushrooms, salad, bread, some wine, it was wonderful. My neigbors on either side of us were also out in their back yards doing spring cleaning. About the only problem I have with all this social distancing BS is when I have to buy something at the supermarket. Even then, I go to a smaller one near where i live, that doesn't have the insane lineups. The only real problem will be dealing with the car insurance. :bbq:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

beanthere wrote: April 12th, 2020, 10:28 pm In our family, everyone is always coming and going around my house. It is rare for all of us to be there at once. Also, Sundays, I usually go to my sisters place and we eat supper there with her and my mom, but I developed a cough, and thought it prudent to stay away for a couple of weeks as my mom is 91 and frail.

So, we had a rare Sunday Easter dinner at my house. Everyone pitched in except my oldest who was sleeping off a night shift. We had barbecued steak and chicken, potato wedges, sauteed onions and mushrooms, salad, bread, some wine, it was wonderful. My neigbors on either side of us were also out in their back yards doing spring cleaning. About the only problem I have with all this social distancing BS is when I have to buy something at the supermarket. Even then, I go to a smaller one near where i live, that doesn't have the insane lineups. The only real problem will be dealing with the car insurance. :bbq:
Are you off work too? You speak tagalog?
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: April 12th, 2020, 10:28 pm The only real problem will be dealing with the car insurance. :bbq:
You will be surprised how easy insurance is, as long as you have a phone, and internet/email access, preferably all at the same time. Credit card for payment. A printer is handy for instant document print, but your local broker will mail you the copies also. Both are valid. Decal can only come via mail though, obviously.

Went through this a few days ago with the work truck. In five minutes I insured my truck, from home.

Joked with the local insurance agent as to how easy it was for me to do this from home now in a few minutes...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: April 12th, 2020, 10:28 pm In our family, everyone is always coming and going around my house. It is rare for all of us to be there at once. Also, Sundays, I usually go to my sisters place and we eat supper there with her and my mom, but I developed a cough, and thought it prudent to stay away for a couple of weeks as my mom is 91 and frail.

I have been social distancing as long as i remember :laugh: I'm kind of a recluse.
If I get the virus it's likely due to my mother bringing it home, she goes to church, and loves shopping.
Other times my nephew brings it to me, or someone else.

Glad you got some family time, it's nice occasionally, especially as they get older.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Reverse Flash wrote: April 13th, 2020, 12:31 am

Are you off work too? You speak tagalog?
No, I'm working, although I decided to use some of my accumulated vacation days to take Fridays off for a month. As for the Tagalog, I only know enough to get me into trouble. Why, are you Pinoy?
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Hello to all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Registered Guest.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey hi Rg :howdy:
I hope the virus, and such isn't bugging you much.
All is usual here, just sick, and tired of being sick, and tired :teehe:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

How is Kentucky doing? Not many new cases here in BC. Restaurants and hair salons are opening back up.