Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Blue Frost wrote: August 8th, 2021, 5:39 pm You hit every thing with me on that Mel, for me it's so hard to look at anything here, and see home anymore without her.
Also if I was to move I want quiet, and no trash people around, and maybe even some who care.
I'm not sure where that is, but it sounds good to me.

I don't visit much anymore, I did that constantly for maybe over a year, but my dad didn't want that, and I know my mother wouldn't want me to go through that.
Besides mentally, that long drive is brutal on me.
I found that once my parents had passed, their 'friends' quickly disappeared from the scene. Not one had asked where they were buried. These 'friends' sure put on a good show though, when my parents were still alive! That still boggles my mind to this day.

Human nature I suppose. I handled everything as it should be handled: Properly and thoroughly, which is now your job also.

Expect very little support from very few people as you execute the will now, Blue. You're on your own to handle things that many people couldn't, or simply don't.

And you go to your Mother's burial, Blue, as it's your duty to do so. Then you handle the business aspect of death, which I'm sure you're getting a taste of when they look at you like a fucking ATM machine while they hand you bottled water.

You have a few months of work on your hands for now, but life will be better once you find a newer place in a more rural area. Trust me on this one.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: August 8th, 2021, 5:45 pm So I just got some quiet again, been a long long day.
tomorrow is the burial, I might be there, not sure yet.
The only reason I would go anyhow would be for my siblings, and niece.
I have so many thank yous I have to give, and for you all here as well so Thank You from my heart, I wish it could be more.
No problem, Blue. You don't need to give more. You have enough on your plate right now...Any decent person would give you the sympathy and respect you deserve. I would be remiss if I didn't extend my condolences. I was raised to show my respect for people at a time like this.

I sincerely hope that you go to the burial... It's your place and responsibility to do it and it's part of the respect your mom deserves.

As Mel said, you will get through this. It will be hard and painful and there will be times when you will feel like you are all alone but there isn't much choice. Just soldier through it and hopefully you will come out in a better place.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: August 9th, 2021, 5:00 am
Blue Frost wrote: August 8th, 2021, 5:39 pm You hit every thing with me on that Mel, for me it's so hard to look at anything here, and see home anymore without her.
Also if I was to move I want quiet, and no trash people around, and maybe even some who care.
I'm not sure where that is, but it sounds good to me.

I don't visit much anymore, I did that constantly for maybe over a year, but my dad didn't want that, and I know my mother wouldn't want me to go through that.
Besides mentally, that long drive is brutal on me.
I found that once my parents had passed, their 'friends' quickly disappeared from the scene. Not one had asked where they were buried. These 'friends' sure put on a good show though, when my parents were still alive! That still boggles my mind to this day.

Human nature I suppose. I handled everything as it should be handled: Properly and thoroughly, which is now your job also.

Expect very little support from very few people as you execute the will now, Blue. You're on your own to handle things that many people couldn't, or simply don't.

And you go to your Mother's burial, Blue, as it's your duty to do so. Then you handle the business aspect of death, which I'm sure you're getting a taste of when they look at you like a fucking ATM machine while they hand you bottled water.

You have a few months of work on your hands for now, but life will be better once you find a newer place in a more rural area. Trust me on this one.
I tried to go, but things happened, and I didn't make it.
It started raining hard, my GPS failed me, I asked two people for directions, and they majorly failed me, and my memory did also.
I'm not apologizing, or making any excuses, but I hate that people worried about me so much.
I tried, and tried my best so my mom would have understood so others should also.

I have some support Mel, sorry you where left alone like that, I wish I could have been there for you then, I would have.
I have my siblings, and Niece that would do about anything for me I think as I would them.
My Friend Greg also, he wasn't around the last few days, but he is dealing with sick in his own family.
He loved my mom though, and she him.

The book is closed on that part of my life, the new book starts rough though, sucks so far, but I guess I have to try for my family.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: August 9th, 2021, 10:12 am
Blue Frost wrote: August 8th, 2021, 5:45 pm So I just got some quiet again, been a long long day.
tomorrow is the burial, I might be there, not sure yet.
The only reason I would go anyhow would be for my siblings, and niece.
I have so many thank yous I have to give, and for you all here as well so Thank You from my heart, I wish it could be more.
No problem, Blue. You don't need to give more. You have enough on your plate right now...Any decent person would give you the sympathy and respect you deserve. I would be remiss if I didn't extend my condolences. I was raised to show my respect for people at a time like this.

I sincerely hope that you go to the burial... It's your place and responsibility to do it and it's part of the respect your mom deserves.

As Mel said, you will get through this. It will be hard and painful and there will be times when you will feel like you are all alone but there isn't much choice. Just soldier through it and hopefully you will come out in a better place.
Thanks Renee, I tried, but didn't make it, but everyone seemed to understand why.
I ended up lost, and almost going to Ohio at one point, it was only suppose to be a 50 minute drive, but ended up more than two hours.
I did stop for direction twice, I did, but people people are really not reliable, or smart enough anymore to give them it seems.
One lady really tried I think, the guy I asked I have to question if he intentionally told me the wrong way.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Day people, I hope for you. :)
What day is it anyhow, it's all a blur right now.
So, anything good going on ?

Business here, lots of it, got to run around today feel like it or not.
I just want some rest, but seems the world hates me right now, and kicks me at every turn, well I pretty much hate it also so I guess it evens out. :pardon:
Well off to do my duty, maybe Ill just stop for an ice cream, and forget it all. :)
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

:( Frosty, her funeral... that seems too fast to me, maybe USA is different. They should've given you some breathing room I think, you've not had time to think or slow down. I think it inflates and worsens it a lot as well. The breathing time here can be up to 4 or 5 weeks, it's a relief sometimes... delaying the inevitable and feels like they haven't really gone 'til then.

Being kicked... I know feels like but it doesn't know I s'pose, I know it doesn't give any leeway or room to adjust to how you feel on the day. :( Every day, someone out there feels just like that and how many times do folks get caught in the miserable rain as well, it doesn't feel right tho. Feels like it magnifies it more and having to pass thru an unknown area that you and mom have no connection with either. It's a really weird, out of body feeling, I know... like you're not really there. Frosty, don't be so hard on yourself, you went to her service but they could've come pick you up instead of you struggling like that on your own so you have comfort around each other as well. I know of people that haven't gone to a funeral, too poorly and that... wheelchair bound or too old.

Did you have your ice cream? :flower:

Mel, those friends of your mom and dad not asking where they were buried, very strange that... you've got to wonder what's going on in their minds. It's one of the first things that comes to mind, their final resting place. :(
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: August 10th, 2021, 3:30 pm :( Frosty, her funeral... that seems too fast to me, maybe USA is different. They should've given you some breathing room I think, you've not had time to think or slow down. I think it inflates and worsens it a lot as well. The breathing time here can be up to 4 or 5 weeks, it's a relief sometimes... delaying the inevitable and feels like they haven't really gone 'til then.

Being kicked... I know feels like but it doesn't know I s'pose, I know it doesn't give any leeway or room to adjust to how you feel on the day. :( Every day, someone out there feels just like that and how many times do folks get caught in the miserable rain as well, it doesn't feel right tho. Feels like it magnifies it more and having to pass thru an unknown area that you and mom have no connection with either. It's a really weird, out of body feeling, I know... like you're not really there. Frosty, don't be so hard on yourself, you went to her service but they could've come pick you up instead of you struggling like that on your own so you have comfort around each other as well. I know of people that haven't gone to a funeral, too poorly and that... wheelchair bound or too old.

Did you have your ice cream? :flower:

Mel, those friends of your mom and dad not asking where they were buried, very strange that... you've got to wonder what's going on in their minds. It's one of the first things that comes to mind, their final resting place. :(
I'm glad it was fast, not fast enough for me since it's so hard for me to take.
I hate some people didn't know, and it's to late now, but it was posted so it's on them I guess.
I tried my best to accommodate people, but my moms wishes, and family come first.
The only thing I hated about the funeral is her church family not being able to give her a proper goodbye, they where there at the service, but my mom was n a little box by then. :(
It was the best I could do though being things had to be reset after setting it up the first time.

I couldn't make it to several of my Aunts funerals, and uncles, I really hate that.
With my mom she would understand, and wished I would have not even took that trip.
I wanted to be there for family though, but I think they did alright, gotta love them for that.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh, dull day today, lots of papers I'm going through, and lots more I have found :facepalm: more everywhere for that matter.
A few annoying calls also, canceling things, and asking questions that dumb people who should know doesn't.
I don't know, maybe Ill just sit back, and wait for them to need the money, or ask what happened. :kez:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:27 pm Oh, dull day today, lots of papers I'm going through, and lots more I have found :facepalm: more everywhere for that matter.
A few annoying calls also, canceling things, and asking questions that dumb people who should know doesn't.
I don't know, maybe Ill just sit back, and wait for them to need the money, or ask what happened. :kez:
You take care. Have my condolences.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thank you RF, it's appreciated, I'm trying.
I guess that if I didn't give up, I can be here for family I have left, and friends.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Hi Blue. How you making out?
I guess, the real problem with this day and age, is that trying to get affairs in order requires all kinds of usernames, passwords, jumping through hurdle after hurdle to please some ignorant lawyer, junior bank executive, or just the dumbasses that you encounter with customer service call centers for phone companies and utilities and such. I often wonder if there should be some not-for-profit on a nationwide basis that would have the ability to come alongside people and streamline the process of transition. And then there is the IRS perched like vultures. I hope things can get settled for you soon, so you can take stock, reflect, and enjoy some 'me' time. Once it's all settled down, maybe take a small vacation and go somewhere that you've always wanted to.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah I have been asked for a few passwords, and Addresses, it's a pain.
The worst is the death certificate, I don't get it for like 6 weeks, or more.
I need it to change the real important stuff, and have to go down town Louisville to have the courts do their greedy part.
I have the probate papers, that should tell it all right, but it doesn't.
They just prolong something that shouldn't be.
Like you said they should have help for it, for military service members especially, my mom could have really used that when my dad died.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hi Peeps :) happy day I hope, not roasting under the headlamp outside like we have here.
I went out this morning, and ran back in, man it's nasty out.

So today, papers, lots of papers again, so many papers around here.
Glad they never caught fire, this place would have burned well with all these.
Forms, school stuff, retirement stuff, house stuff, cards, receipts, banking, utilities, and keep sake stuff all over the place, and more.
7 hours worth today, and it just made a big mess around the house.

So, anything good going on, fun, distractions, TV ?
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Good day sir. Lots of paper I see. Another heatwave here. Waiting for my fav season of the Fall. Season 3 of Titans returns tomorrow. Tou should give Superman and Lois a chances. It gets good few episodes in. I finally got that new gaming laptop. 17.3" Acer Nitro 5 with QHD screen, RTX 3070 GPU, AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 1tb m.2 SSD, 16GB ram.

2 weeks ago at my grandfather's funeral it was just my uncle's family, me, my mom, my sisters, and 4 of my mom's friends. My former coworker's funeral was the day before. 70+ people.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: August 11th, 2021, 7:03 pm Good day sir. Lots of paper I see. Another heatwave here. Waiting for my fav season of the Fall. Season 3 of Titans returns tomorrow. Tou should give Superman and Lois a chances. It gets good few episodes in. I finally got that new gaming laptop. 17.3" Acer Nitro 5 with QHD screen, RTX 3070 GPU, AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 1tb m.2 SSD, 16GB ram.

2 weeks ago at my grandfather's funeral it was just my uncle's family, me, my mom, my sisters, and 4 of my mom's friends. My former coworker's funeral was the day before. 70+ people.
Seriously hot here, and dangerous with the nasty humidity, and filth. I hope you don't have that, or a bad forest fire this year.
Try to keep cool if you can.

I think we might have had 50-75 people, not sure, my sister took the book, and what cards was left.
Not all of them signed it though, maybe a few did so might never know.

I hope the shows are good, I don't know if Ill watch them, but like to see Titans.
I gave up on my computer for now, dealing with whats going on I gave up on a lot of things.
I hope the laptop does you well, the equipment sounds good, and strong, maybe a little more ram.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: August 11th, 2021, 3:30 pm Hi Peeps :) happy day I hope, not roasting under the headlamp outside like we have here.

Forms, school stuff, retirement stuff, house stuff, cards, receipts, banking, utilities, and keep sake stuff all over the place, and more.

It's been hot and humidity here too. Luckily we have the ocean breeze and the water does cool the air a few degrees...I'm sure keep busy with your mom's affairs is taxing and tiring so just remember to take a break and try to decompress from time to time.

I finally finished season 3 of Yellowstone. I quite enjoyed that series and I'm looking forward to season 4 which should be out later this year.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: August 12th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Blue Frost wrote: August 11th, 2021, 3:30 pm Hi Peeps :) happy day I hope, not roasting under the headlamp outside like we have here.

It's been hot and humidity here too. Luckily we have the ocean breeze and the water does cool the air a few degrees...I'm sure keep busy with your mom's affairs is taxing and tiring so just remember to take a break and try to decompress from time to time.

I finally finished season 3 of Yellowstone. I quite enjoyed that series and I'm looking forward to season 4 which should be out later this year.
It's when I stop the pain comes back, and when I see something she really liked.
The ac was making a little noise last night after I went to bed, for a moment I thought it was her up there :(
I had crusty eyes again this morning.

I never saw Yellowstone, Ill have to look it up, I don't watch much anymore unless it sounds good to me, and everyone is talking about it.
Mel Gibson

Blue, you'll have dreams where she's still alive for some time. I did also. I would sit up in my bed, and it would take me a minute to realize that things were different now.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: August 13th, 2021, 2:13 am Blue, you'll have dreams where she's still alive for some time. I did also. I would sit up in my bed, and it would take me a minute to realize that things were different now.
Have you taken the corona vaccine?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: August 13th, 2021, 2:13 am Blue, you'll have dreams where she's still alive for some time. I did also. I would sit up in my bed, and it would take me a minute to realize that things were different now.
Another last night, not a dream, but I hear the floor creaking, or something, and think for a moment shes getting up from bed.
It's a bit painful after I realize.
It's really hard dealing with that as you know, and hard on the heart.