Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Reverse Flash wrote: June 28th, 2021, 11:28 pm "Vancouver is currently hotter than sunny Miami, Florida, which is actually currently facing a flash flood warning. With the humidex, temperatures will range between 28°C to 31°C in Miami, and Vancouver will see temperatures range between 37°C and 46°C, according to The Weather Network.

In fact, Vancouver will be hotter today than most places in the USA that are known for their extreme heat. Even Phoenix, Arizona!

While the standard temperatures in Phoenix are higher than in Vancouver, with the humidex, Vancouver will actually feel a few degrees hotter!

Vancouver is even going to feel hotter than Las Vegas at certain points of the day."
40c with the heat index here today, or more, I just came in, and had to sit down a bit.
A snow storm would be nice :laugh:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

beanthere wrote: June 27th, 2021, 11:25 pm B.C. heat wave shatters Canadian record for highest temperature ever recorded

A B.C. heat wave is shattering temperature records and meteorologists expect the weather to get even hotter over the next couple of days.

Lytton, B.C., broke the record Sunday afternoon for the hottest temperature ever recorded in Canada with a measurement of 46.6 C, according to Environment Canada.
The previous record high temperature for the country was 45 C, set in Saskatchewan in July 1937.

Environment Canada first said the new record in Lytton on Sunday was 46.1 C, but later revised that to 46.6 C.
Yesterday Lytton broke another record for the hottest day ever recorded in Canada at 49.6c/121.28f.

Today the town of Lytton is on fire. The whole village evaluated. Many are going down to Boston Bar just north of Hope. Not that far from Vancouver. Three hour drive. I thought Lytton would be more east like where Mel Gibson lives.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This evening it was a bit better here, but yesterday was awful.
I went out a little earlier, and got the sniffles now thanks to all the nasty.
A lot of people here is sick right now with sinus issues, I think it's the worst year ever here.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: July 1st, 2021, 12:49 am This evening it was a bit better here, but yesterday was awful.
I went out a little earlier, and got the sniffles now thanks to all the nasty.
A lot of people here is sick right now with sinus issues, I think it's the worst year ever here.
It is cooler here. The heatwave was over. I can sleep better. Starting tomorrow on Canada day face masks are not mandatory in indoor places. I only have that sinus issue during spring.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

For some reason here there is a lot of dirt in the air, and pollutants. not sure why.
I'm glad you are getting a break, and maybe some sleep, I know how hard it is trying to sleep in that.

I never wore the mask, I refused, and opted out, mainly because I didn't want to wear one, but I do have breathing issues with them.
They said we didn't need them anymore a week, or two ago, still need them in doctors offices, and government buildings though.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Another day, but much rain coming down, and cool :cheer: I don't need to water plants today. :cheer:
I just got back from an appointment, now waiting to leave for another one.
It's nice to get out and not suffer because my eyes are being burnt out, and suffocating from the heat.

So, whats up peoples :) anything good today ?
I think Ill do a little cleaning when I get back, and a loose headboard that a screw broke loose :scratch: cheep screws.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Happy Canada Day. The pandemic is behind us now. It is a dawn of a new era for the human race.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

You're not supposed to be happy this Canada day. You're supposed to mourn the poor indigenous kids that the Catholic church and the government of Canada murdered by placing them in residential schools. While I'm not a huge fan of either one, and I think that both should pay dearly for their attempts at social engineering, Canada is still one of the best countries in the world with people flocking here from all over.

Anyway, I spent this Canada day changing out the struts in my van. Now my right shoulder is messed up big time, and thank God for my kind neigbor that helped me finish up after my right arm and shoulder became almost useless. I think I must have sprained it or tore a muscle or something.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Well happy day peoples, I hope it's still cool there, or at least tolerable.
Not bad here, overcast, and a little wind going on.

So, any weekend plans ?
None here, maybe some online shopping is all, and the usual stuff.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

beanthere wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 1:34 am You're not supposed to be happy this Canada day. You're supposed to mourn the poor indigenous kids that the Catholic church and the government of Canada murdered by placing them in residential schools. While I'm not a huge fan of either one, and I think that both should pay dearly for their attempts at social engineering, Canada is still one of the best countries in the world with people flocking here from all over.
Many catholic churchs are vandalized or burned down. I thought Catholics are good people. God's people. The rape and killing of children was a practice back then.

If not happy Canada Day then happy independence day.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy 4th of July, Americans!

:howdy:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: July 4th, 2021, 4:54 am
beanthere wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 1:34 am You're not supposed to be happy this Canada day. You're supposed to mourn the poor indigenous kids that the Catholic church and the government of Canada murdered by placing them in residential schools. While I'm not a huge fan of either one, and I think that both should pay dearly for their attempts at social engineering, Canada is still one of the best countries in the world with people flocking here from all over.
Many catholic churchs are vandalized or burned down. I thought Catholics are good people. God's people. The rape and killing of children was a practice back then.

If not happy Canada Day then happy independence day.
They where never Gods people, they are Peters, and the Roman patriarchy.
Paul told the Church not to go down that road, but some did anyway.
Emperor Constantine saw that they could bring people under control at the time so he built it up just for that, and it worked.
Murder, rape, and other crimes followed for the next two thousand years.
But it was alright in Catholicism, buying your way out of hell was just a matter of what you could pay, and give them. :kez:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: July 4th, 2021, 12:01 pm Happy 4th of July, Americans!

:) Happy 4th, does Finland have a day similar ?
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 4th, 2021, 1:58 pm
Odinson wrote: July 4th, 2021, 12:01 pm Happy 4th of July, Americans!

:) Happy 4th, does Finland have a day similar ?
Yeah 6th of December.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Whats it all about Odinson, who did you guys get independence from ?
I'm a bit ignorant of your country, and some others.
Being it's about nationalism here I'm surprised the liberals hasn't went hard core against it.
Some has, but told to be quiet right now i guess, but one day they will try.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 5th, 2021, 2:35 pm Whats it all about Odinson, who did you guys get independence from ?
I'm a bit ignorant of your country, and some others.
Being it's about nationalism here I'm surprised the liberals hasn't went hard core against it.
Some has, but told to be quiet right now i guess, but one day they will try.
Finland was part of the Russian empire from 1809 to 1917.

When the communists took over in Russia, Finland declared independence in 6th of December 1917.

There was no Finnish nation prior to 1917... Just like there was no American nation prior to 1776.

So, we are celebrating the fact that Finland has lasted for over a 100 years.
And we are remembering the civil war, winter war and the continuation war... The last two were part of the WW2.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm guessing the Russian war with the Japanese, and WW1 made that possible also.
Well I hope you all stay free from others, I do here as well with who is running things, but it looks like China, and others are calling the shots to me.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I was at the hospital. My family waited for me to get there before having the tubes removed. My uncle and my mom are there now waiting for my grandfather to pass. I was never close with him. He took care of my grandmother.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:( Sorry to here about the grandfather, even if not close it isn't good for the family, and you have my condolences.
I never knew mine as I have said before, I can't loose them, but still sad i never got to meet them, and know them.
There is a fortunate side to knowing family, and the unfortunate of loosing them.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 7th, 2021, 3:02 pm I'm guessing the Russian war with the Japanese, and WW1 made that possible also.
Well I hope you all stay free from others, I do here as well with who is running things, but it looks like China, and others are calling the shots to me.
Losing to the Japanese in 1905 and then losing millions of soldiers in WW1 while being defeated, ate away Nicholas the 2nds authority.

Plus he wasnt willing to give up some of his power... While he wasnt that interested in being the Emperor.

The communist revolution gave our little "rebellion" legitimacy seen as how we had a deal with the Russian empire, not the Soviet union. :teehe: