Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

:friday:
Well still alive here, head hurts though, it's been leaking a bit, but almost stopped.
Damn luck.
To beat all my computer glitched out on me, and it took four hours to get back online after reformatting.
It's still not right, and my passwords are messed up on some important sites.

I hope all is well with you all, you have a good weekend, and nice weather.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well it's Sunday, warm one here, and dry.
I just got some family out the door, gave them junk, and fed them so had to clean up some.
I think Ill just kick back the rest of the day, how about you all ??? :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Now that I'm back from my road trip to visit some family, I realize once again just how dysfunctional they are. For some reason this is how they are. I couldn't live like them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, most families are dysfunctional in some way, that's why we are suppose to make a life for ourselves.
Mine is pretty good, love them to death, but I'm not sure I could deal with them long unless they bent to my ways some.
Also as we get older we get stuck in our own ways, it's hard to change without some real effort you know.

I had some family over today, next weekend an old friend, and his family are coming in from Georgia.
Not seen him in maybe 15 years.
Mel Gibson

They're bad enough now where it's getting to the point where I almost want nothing to do with them though. I try to maintain familial connections out of courtesy, responsibility, and respect, and ask absolutely nothing in return for doing that.

They seem to degenerate moreso year after year, and am starting to question why I even bother...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah I understand that, there is a few in my extended family I wont even consider seeing, or admitting to be related.
Maybe let them do the contacting for a time, or let them come see you, that might tell what they really care about.
Blood means nothing if ties are not there, and no bonds.
Also if it's a toxic relationship it's better breaking it off, might sound hard, but it's the best even if family.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:
Well I have a bad headache today, I hope the chyro can help some.
I have nothing planned for today but my appointment, anybody have anything good planned ?
Any good thing for your weekend ?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: September 13th, 2021, 10:58 am Yeah I understand that, there is a few in my extended family I wont even consider seeing, or admitting to be related.
Maybe let them do the contacting for a time, or let them come see you, that might tell what they really care about.
Blood means nothing if ties are not there, and no bonds.
Also if it's a toxic relationship it's better breaking it off, might sound hard, but it's the best even if family.
Families suck... I mean really, they suck. As someone wise once said,.. "You can pick your friends but you cannot choose your family". Now don't get me wrong, I was blessed with wonderful parents and a great little sister. My brother on the other hand....errr not so much... We hate each other and we have since we were children...but we keep it civil for the sake of our parents... :unsure: But once my rents are gone...all bets are off...The first time he crosses me, I'll plant an axe in his forehead.

My extended family for the most part is,... a mixed bag and I try to limit my interaction with them to holidays and the occasional family get togethers. It's not so bad on my mom's side dispite the fact that many of them are.... uhm.. a little shady... :laugh: But my dad's side can be a real horror show.... Unfortunately a lot of them can be overbearing, overly critical, intrusive, drama prone, ill mannered and just plain obnoxious. For the most part, being around them is always stressful and I'm glad that most of them live 300 miles away. I do have a cousin on that side of the family that I'm kinda close with... We are the same age and she is sort of the black sheep of the family. She is kind of wild and outspoken but we get along really well and have ever since we were kids.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My sister hated me growing up just because I took her place as the baby of the family, I know how things can be.
She grew up though, and loves me now like my other siblings.
I always tried to be good to them, but we had fights occasionally, no hitting with the sisters though except the one who hit me a few times.
She even took my brothers side once, and hit me on top the head a few times, I looked up to her, and said you better not do that again.
I likely wouldn't have hurt her, but a good scare of me doing it would have done wonders.

My other family is like yours, a mixed bag of normal, and nuts, some extreme.
Lets just say half should be put in the ground, the world would be better for it.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:09 pm My sister hated me growing up just because I took her place as the baby of the family, I know how things can be.
I always tried to be good to them, but we had fights occasionally, no hitting with the sisters though except the one who hit me a few times.
She even took my brothers side once, and hit me on top the head a few times, I looked up to her, and said you better not do that again.
I likely wouldn't have hurt her, but a good scare of me doing it would have done wonders.

Lets just say half should be put in the ground, the world would be better for it.
My brother and I are like oil and water. We have been that way since we were young but things really got bad as teens. He is three years older than me and when I was 13 we got into a huge fight and he backed me up against the basement door and I fell backwards down the basement stairs, nearly getting killed in the process ... I broke my left leg in two places, cracked 4 ribs and fractured my skull on the cement floor. He claims it was an accident and that he didn't know the basement door was open but that was only after my dad beat the crap out of him... but I know he is full of shit. He's a lying turd and that wasn't the first time he tried to really hurt me physically. Emotionally he did his best to hurt me as well.

I know I could be a pain in the ass when we were little but I don't know where that kind of hate toward me comes from... He gets along fine with my younger sister and was very protective of her when we were growing up but me, he could care less if I lived or died. I'm like his private punching bag. His wife is a bitch too and I despise her ass. She treats my parents like crap unless she wants money... His kids, my niece and nephew are pieces of shit that I won't even allow in my home. They are a pair of thieves that lie right to your face and smile while doing it. I'll bury them as well if given half a chance.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Cant say my relationship with my relatives is that bad. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: September 13th, 2021, 2:37 pm
Blue Frost wrote: September 13th, 2021, 1:09 pm My sister hated me growing up just because I took her place as the baby of the family, I know how things can be.

My brother and I are like oil and water. We have been that way since we were young but things really got bad as teens. He is three years older than me and when I was 13 we got into a huge fight and he backed me up against the basement door and I fell backwards down the basement stairs, nearly getting killed in the process ... I broke my left leg in two places, cracked 4 ribs and fractured my skull on the cement floor. He claims it was an accident and that he didn't know the basement door was open but that was only after my dad beat the crap out of him... but I know he is full of shit. He's a lying turd and that wasn't the first time he tried to really hurt me physically. Emotionally he did his best to hurt me as well.

I know I could be a pain in the ass when we were little but I don't know where that kind of hate toward me comes from... He gets along fine with my younger sister and was very protective of her when we were growing up but me, he could care less if I lived or died. I'm like his private punching bag. His wife is a bitch too and I despise her ass. She treats my parents like crap unless she wants money... His kids, my niece and nephew are pieces of shit that I won't even allow in my home. They are a pair of thieves that lie right to your face and smile while doing it. I'll bury them as well if given half a chance.
Traumatic yeah, been through that when I got my chin busted, and stitched up after my sister jumped on a bed I was under getting something.
She cried more than I did.
Maybe he didn't think, and just didn't want to admit being stupid Renee, kids are like that, boys especially.
I have to wonder if it eats at him so he wants you away from him, it had to leave a mark on both of you.

The only thing I hold against my sisters is their choices in men, for smart girls they sure act stupid about men.
The thing is I had to put up with them here, those bums stayed here for years.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well another day, but I have cookie dough ice cream for later :)
not much going on here, maybe some paperwork I need to go through is all.
How about for you, anything good going on today ?

Oh, my two cousins with COVID, one is home on oxygen, the other that had the vaccine is still in questionable territory, but not in ICU so that is good still.
I hope all of you stay well, and have a good day :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Well happy day I hope for you. :)
Here down still, but I'm trying.
The weekend is almost here, I have company coming in Sunday, I'm not sure what to do with them.
I really don't need it, but I haven't seen them in maybe 10 years, or more.

So, do you have anything good planned for the weekend ?
Good food maybe :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hello peoples :)
Well today we have the ice maker repair guy again, this time he is replacing everything but the fridge.
Been boring here, hot, and I need a nap.

So, anything good going on with you, any good food, I'm hungry. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well it's Saturday, good morning peoples :)

Tired here, and I need a nap, but I guess, Ill get up, and do something.
Got to get ready for company tomorrow, I need to make something :think: maybe Ill just order pizza.
I could bake a cake.

So anything good going on today ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well I made the cake, pretty easy, and smells good.
Sorted some photos also, lots more to do though.
I made a killer chicken dinner this evening, marinaded it with some good ingredients, and made a paste for it when baking it.
Maybe Ill get the pizzas for tomorrow, not sure yet.

Well off to do more, i hope all is well there.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:
Hello peoples, I hope your day is going well enough.
A bit down here, and it's soggy outside, but we need the rain I guess.
At least it's not hot.

So whats up today, anything good ?

I'm just sorting family photos, I have new books I can put some in.
I'm taking out extended family, many I don't know, or even care for, I'm sending them to the people who will care, and hope they appreciate it.
I'm just trying to keep busy, and my mind off things, it's not easy here.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Well hello peoples :) I hope the day will be alright for you.
A little rough so far for me, but nothing new there.
Tired.

Well today I have one appointment, and then who knows.
Maybe Ill start some cleaning again.
I want to start on one room at a time, and do some maintenance, and painting, the bad part is I have to get pain, and other things.

So, anything good going on for you ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:( I just got news about my cousin, he passed this morning :(
He had the shot, and a booster for covid, and it killed him.

I wish I could have been there for him more, he was a good part of my family Ill miss a lot.
He lived here for a time, a few times, and we did a lot together.
He loved fishing, he was really good at it, he was quite good at pool also, he made a lot of money that way.