Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Mel Gibson wrote: March 26th, 2021, 11:27 pm
Blue Frost wrote: March 26th, 2021, 3:33 pm Chipmunks here are like that, cute, but very destructive pest.
I have had to remove a lot of those over the years, one ate the seal off my garage door, and started on my car wiring.
The rat started chewing the insulation on the firewall in my truck's engine bay! That's when I really knew he needed to go, before he got to any of the wiring!

Plus they shit all over the place, and it's just not hygienic to have that around...
I had a family of field mice move into my garage one year, cute little things, and I started feeding them crackers, and peanut butter by hand.
Well that was until they started moving into my car :( I caught them all, and took them to the local school, and dropped them off.
Made me feel bad, they trusted me, and they where really cute.

Now those pack rats, they can carry plague, and known for that down south from you there.
I doubt it would be there, but it's not good having any rodents around for that, and other things you don't want to catch.

Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Life has sucked today, but got better with a lemon pie :dinner:

I woke up, and had to unstop a tub, last night it just stopped, and the water took an hour to drain.
It used to be a pain, but now that my knees don't work well, and back, and neck is a mess it's torture.
Well i got it done, and my mom had a lemon pie waiting :) it's all good now :teehe:

I hope your day has been good so far, and it's nice out. Here it's overcast, and cool with some rain coming I suppose.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Hi Blue. Yeah, my lower back was really hurting all of last week. I went into a cycle including a backstrap, Lakota, a535, and Tylenol. Could barely put my socks on. Finally, my back is doing OK. As for the clogged bathtub, about 5 years ago, I went to work at this place where the previous maintenance man left behind this can. I was skeptical at first, as I usually don't trust 'quick fixes' and I never use Draino, or any of that garbage that never really works. But then I decided to try it out and I have never looked back. 95 percent of the time this stuff works beautifully and it only takes a few minutes too. You just have to remember to stop up the overflow with a wet rag or you will have an explosion of filthy water coating every wall, the ceiling, and of course, yourself and everything in the area like toothbrushes. It's really powerful.
Image :thumbsup:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Was at the store and saw lemon pies for $4 today. I didn't buy one but I was thinking. :dinner:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have used the pressure stuff, but the balloon type things have worked best for me, you hook them up to a waterhole.
As you mentioned, block the overflow.

Our pipes are badly put together except where I could change them out so things get hung in them bad, and the pressure cans don't seem to get the clog out.
I believe the soap used today is what makes them so bad, it's like putting pure lard down the drain, and then add hair you got a major clog.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hows life today peoples :)

Well I have news about my aunt, and mother if interested.

My aunt with cancer has hospice care now, and quit her Chemo.
She might live 8 months the doctor said, but everyone thinks she might not.

My mother is cancer free the doctors said from her test now, but now has to have surgery for an aortic aneurysm.
It's quite bad they said, and growing so it's dangerous.

It seems there is always a worry now, not sure how to react to this stuff anymore.
I accept it happens, but how to deal with it is another thing entirely.
Reverse Flash
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Well you take care and cherish your loved ones.
The timeline is malleable
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gotta anyhow, life never gives you enough time not to do so.
MY mom is tough, but this stuff brings you down if you make it through it.
Shes on her way to see her sister today, might be the last time she gets to do so.

Me, Ill enjoy the quiet time with my friends in my head, they get loud sometimes though, and wont let me sleep. :teehe:

You take care also RF, I hope all is well there, and the weather is being good for you.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:

Hello peoples, hows life ?
Nice day here, a little cool, but nice, might get a freeze tonight though.

Been edging some walks, and cleaned a ditch pipe out, 8 foot of maple roots invaded the thing since I last cleaned it.
I don't know why I clean it out, the neighbors never clean theirs, and the ditch floods anyhow.
Except for mine, I put a pipe in, and you can't see the ditch, or the flooding easement. :cool:

So, whats up there today, I hope something good.
Reverse Flash
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Just work for me. Starting tomorrow I can register for my covid-19 vaccine shot.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No shot for me, they can keep it.
8% that it will work against the chance of things wrong with it it's not worth the risk.
I know people who had Covid, sick for two, to three days, and that was it, I just as soon have it.
I also know several who died, they died from other reasons than Covid, and they said it was Covid.
Who do we Trust, I say Trust yourself, and your reasoning, iof you must have it take it, but I wont be getting it.
You are over 8 so your risk is slightly lower, those under 8 should not take it unless they have major issues.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Another sunny day here, cool breeze, but really nice.
I hope you get the same :)

I'm not sure what Ill do today, maybe nothing, maybe something, maybe be a bum.
I did take my taxes to be filed, not sure when Ill get word they will be done.
Tries to edge some sidewalk, had to quit, did a bit much yesterday, and paying for it.
Maybe some shopping online :)
Reverse Flash
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Another sunny day here. Work today and tomorrow and off for 4 days. Woot woot woot.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Oh fuck...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It just started raining here, and a chance of snow now :laugh: so much for nice weather.
My mom is snowed in up north, might be late getting back tomorrow if she can.
Glad I got my plants put in the garage, would have died in the snow.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

You guys are still getting snow? I know it's been a long cold winter in the Northeastern States and that part of Canada but, well, here we are in The Great White North. It's been like this for the last 2 weeks. :teehe:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We usually have a chance of snow up till May 5th, or that's when it's usually safe for plants, and flowers here.
If we get snow after this rain a lot of plants will get hurt, and the blooms on trees will die.
Now matter for me, i wont loose much, I just hate being in the house so much.

I hope the weather there will be good for a while :)
I wouldn't be on that beach, I would be in the woods across the water kicking back with a book :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Damn that global warming, we have snow, glad I cut the grass the other day. :teehe:
Trees are hanging low with all the new growth on them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Must be a good day, I have cherry pie, and ice cream sitting here about to vanish. :teehe:
I really don't need it, but oh well it's here.

So, anything good there today ? Not cold like here I hope.
Reverse Flash
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Sunshine today. Took some photos with my new Canon 100-500mm. Paid $3900 for this lense. A sandhill crane and some baby geese. Back to rain tomorrow and rain the weekend. About to watch that new Mortal Kombat movie. No dine in at restaurants. The hospitals here are over welmed.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.