Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Blue Frost wrote: October 10th, 2021, 2:59 am
Odinson wrote: October 9th, 2021, 10:00 pm
Blue Frost wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:52 pm I never had one as a kid either Odinson, I had mine in my 30s.
I caused mine though, I was using a mixture of peroxide, and water to clean them, and it made it raw so I got them.
I worked in a factory, and needed something so that was suggested to me, well it made it easy to get infected.
Had them constant for a few years after that, and man they got bad.
The slightest bit of air would set the pain off.
The ear is almost fine now.

But my other ear is experiencing similar symptoms now. :teehe:
Your other ear was likely already infected, and you are just noticing it running it's course.
Mine did that a lot even on meds.

I hope it clears up for you soon, it's rough I know.

:think: i wonder if putting a silicate packet in your ear would help draw the moisture out. :teehe: never know.
Just came back from the doctor.

He just said that double-ear infection is typical and that the pill form antibiotics are not very effective.

He prescribed more ear-drop antibiotics.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well I hope it's about gone for you, they can really be bad.
I think the only thing worse I had was bad welders flash, you literally want to claw your eyes out.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Well probate court was today, now the work begins :(
I'm already having issues with getting a stuff done, the IRS BS of course.
They say file online, but then when I do they say call it can't go through, they they say file online when I call. :wacko:
Bunch of ignorant money grabbing A-holes.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hello peoples, I hope it's a good day for you, and nice out.
Here it's been raining a bit, and dull looking, feels good though.

Today I may do nothing, yesterday messed me up a bit.
I wanted to do some grocery shopping, but maybe later online right :) makes it much nicer for me online.
Best part is I don't have to smell people, and deal with the rudeness.

So, anything good going on today, or this weekend ?
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Hello Blue. Right now, we are experiencing an 'atmospheric river', essentially, a monsoon. It started Friday and should let up about Sunday afternoon. They say that this could be one of the wettest Octobers here on record, and September they said the same. Nothing much happening otherwise.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

What's it like shopping in Kentucky these days? I'm seeing news stories about bare store shelves down there. Thanks to Governor Newsom and the left wing cronies, there is a shortage of truck drivers, so that even though Biden has mandated running the ports in LA 24/7, there is still not much movement happening. The British handled their fuel crisis by bringing in soldiers to drive trucks.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ill take the monsoon for you all, I don't get out much anyhow, and the crap needs washed away here.
We had some rain lately, but nice out today, and feels good, the air is still nasty though with filth.

Our stores I don't see them much, I pick my groceries up after ordering them, or have them delivered.
Not had much issues yet, but the prices are quite a bit higher as well as gas prices up over a dollar from last year.

I can see Biden wanting control of the ports, then he can bring in anyone, and anything he wants.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: October 16th, 2021, 11:59 am What's it like shopping in Kentucky these days? I'm seeing news stories about bare store shelves down there. Thanks to Governor Newsom and the left wing cronies, there is a shortage of truck drivers, so that even though Biden has mandated running the ports in LA 24/7, there is still not much movement happening. The British handled their fuel crisis by bringing in soldiers to drive trucks.
There is no shortage of truck drivers.

The shortage of goods is being cause by an idiot Kaliforniastan law that prohibits the use of trucks older than 2011 and the AB5 law which bans independent owner operators of trucks.

Liberals are the problem.. They are a societal cancer... ALL of them should be garroted with a string of barbed wire.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: October 16th, 2021, 4:43 pm The shortage of goods is being cause by an idiot Kaliforniastan law that prohibits the use of trucks older than 2011 and the AB5 law which bans independent owner operators of trucks.
There's similar rules up here at the ports, and on the one hand I can understand why ports implement these rules. To know why this is done, one must first understand the nature of the trucking industry, and just how foul it really is when it's left to run unregulated.

So let's examine California: The first problem we have is illegal immigrants. How can we legally employ them? Throw them in a truck, but we'll call them independents. Technically they're not our employees now, so that problem is solved. As an added bonus, labor laws no longer apply to them either, so they can't do much if we pay them less than minimum wage, which is common for US port truckers. This tactic is also used for American citizens also, again to flaunt labor laws. It got so bad here in Canada that the government actually had to step in and regulate port trucks also.

Most of these drivers aren't owner/operators in the true sense, but just on paper.

The 10 year truck age thing is claimed to be done for emissions purposes, but I also suspect it's to prevent Jorge from buying another 30 year old piece of shit truck at the auction for $5,000 when his last 30 year old piece of shit was ordered out of service because it was fit for the wrecking yard.

Trucking is an industry that is actually studied by economists when they want to see what happens to an industry that was once unionized and regulated, to becoming non-unionized and virtually unregulated. Every now and then the government will step in with some Band-Aid fixes in an attempt to fix problems that should have never arisen in the first place, but will when unregulated capitalism is at play.
Mel Gibson

I hauled sea cans briefly before the ports regulated here, and I'll tell you about one Saturday: I normally didn't work weekends, because I value my time off, and also because overtime isn't generally paid to non-unionized truckers, even though the law says it must be (trucking is one of the few industries that gets away with flouting pretty much all labour laws). But, boss promises me it'll be an easy Saturday job, just haul a couple cans out of the port. OK, he's in a bind so I agree to come in.

Now we must know the numbers: At that time, minimum wage here was $8.00/hour. The cans I was to haul paid $30 each. I was thinking since it's Saturday, it should take me two hours total to move each can. I was wrong. I sat at the fucking port for over three hours before I was out of there, so about five hours total to move one can. I just worked for $6.00/hour.

I say "fuck this shit" and drive back to the yard without going back for second can. Boss is irked with me, because I didn't fulfill my 'obligation' to get second can. I asked him if he thinks I'm a fucking idiot, working on Saturday for less than minimum wage. He says, "that delay at port wasn't supposed to happen." Well, it did happen. Find someone else to haul that other fucking can, because I'm going home!

They didn't fire me, but I ended up quitting shortly after to go work for a unionized outfit. Trucking is an industry that's rotten to the core, and if one industry needs union representation, it's this one!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well happy Sunday i hope for you all, it's super nice out today here.
Not feeling so hot though, I had to stop two medicines, and I'm paying for it.
My head is swelling on the back again, and side, and my BP is way up again.

The thing is right now I take the meds, and bleed to death, or take a chance in popping like a balloon from the BP. :facepalm:
Doctors don't care, or do their jobs anymore, who cares it seems.

So, anything good going on today, fun I hope.
Where is GF, I bet he's enjoying something :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

So it's Thursday, one more day till the weekend :)
Hows things going peoples, anything good going on, ready for the weekend yet ?

I just got done with an appointment, one more this week, and I can maybe rest a moment.
Maybe next week I can get some things done with the probate stuff, all one big hassle.
Damn tax grabbing @#$%!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hello good peoples :) I hope the day started well for you.
I just got home from an appointment, they are setting me up for epidural steroid injections for my pain :sorry: not sure if I like the idea.
I had issues with procedures before that involved my spinal fluid, and having meningitis as a child likely makes it worse.
Last time I was in bed for two weeks, I literally couldn't move, or get up, I'm glad I don't remember a lot of it besides laying in the dark the whole time.

Well cool here today, gloomy also, I like it :) might go out in the garage a bit, and figure out some things.
I'm not into doing paperwork today, or thinking about it so it can wait.
I hope you all have a great day, and some fun this weekend. we all need it :)

Oh, we need an APB for GF, maybe a milk carton with his picture on it, or Amber alert :teehe:
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: October 21st, 2021, 1:03 pm Maybe next week I can get some things done with the probate stuff, all one big hassle.
Damn tax grabbing @#$%!
Yes, it is a hassle. Even in death, the government will make sure your Mothers assets are taxed at applicable rates.

I'll tell you a story: When my parents died, the previous tax year had just ended. What this meant, was that I had to wait for the next tax year assessment to obtain what we call here a "clearance letter" from Revenue Canada. I'm sure the IRS is the same. This is the official document required to state that the deceased officially owes no taxes, or any other monies owed to the government for that matter, and are now freed from any future tax burden. A burden which would fall onto the executor, since you have been granted power to handle the estate.

Since my parents liked RRSP's, I had to cut a check for almost $50,000 to Revenue Canada because of those RRSP's. My step-siblings knew I was holding $50,000, but I refused to release that until I obtained the clearance letter almost a year later. They were cool with that though, but were certainly shocked also at how much the government will take.

I had to reassure them a couple of times that I'm not ripping them off... I run open books.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have put a lot into this house over the years, and have receipts for a lot of it, I hope that will counter a lot of the money grabbing.
There isn't much to this house other than the shell that I haven't replaced, and like the roof twice.
Even the sewer lines I had put in so I have almost money in the house as the house is worth.

As for money it's not a lot she had, most I gave to her, but the kids can have it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hello peoples, what is today, :think: oh Tuesday that's it.
Well not a lot going on here, just going to do some paperwork, and sorting of papers.
I'm so sick of paperwork, feels like school all over again, redundant B.S. in triplicate.

So, anything good going on, pumpkin harvest, or something ?
Been a lot of that stuff at the farms here, my little niece went the other day, and enjoyed it with a candy apple. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

What day is it again, I'm tired.
Been up all night again, went down town for much of nothing this morning, and about ticked off.
I tried to transfer the house over today, and they said I need the new forms, of course they don't have them, and told me to go to an office store.
Well they don't have them either, or know of who has them.

I hate Kentucky, I really wish hell would fall in, and swallow this place up.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Well another day, and it's cool, and wet out.
About to go to my Chyro appointment, and pick up some cake mix.
Gotta make some calls also when I get back :kez:

Might just take the rest of the week off, start Monday with all the BS paperwork again.

So, anything good going on, still looking for RF, I hope he isn't sick.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Sunday, and Halloween peoples, and ghouls :)
Not much going on here today, tomorrow that starts, but ill take the peace, and quiet.
No candy here, all gone already :woot: did the bags get smaller or what.

So, anything good going on, party, fun, or anything good ?
Mel Gibson

Well, received a call tonight for my truck tomorrow! This should be interesting, as it'll be the first day my truck (and me also) will have seen paid work since I moved here! Hopefully they'll go easy on me, and my truck won't decide to act up on the first day, which always looks bad. Even though I know the work, it's always a bit overwhelming when you're dealing with all new crews in a new region... Each often has a 'preference' in how they want things done, and can get cranky if you're not an instant mind reader.

So I guess the business cards did work! I was also able to negotiate a rate that was 25% higher than the rate I could get back when I lived in the big city. That is a substantial difference.