Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Geez Blue. What's going on down there? Both you and Rene get your cars banged up, and now your fence too. There are way too many drug addicts in this world and it's just getting worse. At least, if she tries to sik her dealers on you, you are equiped and allowed to put up a fight. In Canada, you are supposed to lie down and let them do whatever they want to you while they are stealing your cell phone from your cold dead hand, while all the while, the 911 operator is going "hello...hello..can you stay on the line, the police will be there just as soon as they're finished up their donut break."

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:teehe: They take Donut breaks here also, and their honey needs attention also.
It took maybe 15 minutes for them to show last night, they know my neighbors, and been there countless times to do much of nothing.
The system is at fault in several ways, they cater to low lives like them, feed them, house them, medicate them even, but never cure them by letting them make it on their own.
They get away with murder almost, and pay no price, even her going to jail will do nothing, shes back home now doing the same old.

They bring our nation down by letting them in good areas, or alright areas instead of letting them fail, and learn, it's the Democrat ways of course.

What should be done is let her family deal with her, and if they wont let her learn to live , or starve to death.
Crack heads should be thrown in the river if they can't learn, and be helped because they are so stupid they don't want to be.
No reason for good people in the public to be putting the dime for their upkeep.
What good does it do for everyone except a vote for Democrats, and the same old nations slow destruction.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hello peoples :)
Well today I have family coming in, they want to see my mom because shes having surgery Monday, and it's a dangerous one.
I'm worried to death over it actually, shes already been through a lot after the heart attack, and stint, and cancer surgery.
Hopefully being a third thing it will be all good, but I don't know because even so recovering might be hard if she ever does.
Shes strong though, and a fighter so I have hope.

So Happy Friday, I hope it's a good one for you all, should be better than here since it will be nothing but noise for me, and no peace for a few days. :woot:
Man, Hillbillies are loud people, how did I end up so quiet. :teehe:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:
Hello peoples, good day i hope.
I'm sitting her waiting for word about my mother, she should be in surgery about now.
I hope it goes well, I worry.

Maybe today is good luck day, I went out to take out the garbage, and found $5 :)
It's also real quiet here so far, I don't get that often.

So, is anything good going on ?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 21st, 2021, 10:39 am :monday:
I'm sitting her waiting for word about my mother, she should be in surgery about now.

Maybe today is good luck day, I went out to take out the garbage, and found $5 :)

All my best to your mom. I hope for a good outcome and a speedy recovery.... :thumbsup:

Nothing especially good going on here, just the usual, work, dogs and kid to take care of.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:19 am

All my best to your mom. I hope for a good outcome and a speedy recovery.... :thumbsup:

Nothing especially good going on here, just the usual, work, dogs and kid to take care of.
I just got news she has an infection, and they can't get operate on right now,
They are getting her a room, and will do it after the infection is gone. :facepalm:
bad luck for everyone here on that, my aunt is here to help take care of her after the operation.

What a pain, but at least they didn't spread the infection you know, that could have killed her.

Thanks Renee for the wishes, shes been through a lot the last year, and I don't want to loose her.
Shes a strong woman, but after all this stuff it's taking a toll.
heart attack, stint surgery, cancer, and now a bad aneurysm with an infection on top of it.

Right now I'm just waiting for more news, and i should maybe clean my dump of a room up, I hate things out of place.
i hope you have a good day, someone needs one :) not that it's really bad here, just stress.
I'm looking forward to my slab of salmon this evening, i wonder if I can eat the whole thing. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:45 am

They are getting her a room, and will do it after the infection is gone. :facepalm:
bad luck for everyone here on that, my aunt is here to help take care of her after the operation.

What a pain, but at least they didn't spread the infection you know, that could have killed her.

Thanks Renee for the wishes, shes been through a lot the last year, and I don't want to loose her.
heart attack, stint surgery, cancer, and now a bad aneurysm with an infection on top of it.

Right now I'm just waiting for more news, and i should maybe clean my dump of a room up, I hate things out of place.
i hope you have a good day, someone needs one :) not that it's really bad here, just stress.
I'm looking forward to my slab of salmon this evening, i wonder if I can eat the whole thing. :teehe:
I hope everything works out for your mom and you...I will keep you guys in my prayers. :pray:

Now go eat your salmon and try not to make a pig of yourself... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I hope your mom is ok.

Me no like seafood of any kind.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No seafood :woot: are you human ?
Maybe some deep fried shrimp, or shrimp friend rice.
Have you tried something like that ?
It's not so good for you after frying it up like that, but man it's good.

I talked to my mom earlier, shes a bit down.
She wanted to get this over with, and now she will be in the hospital longer than she wanted.
I just hope they do a good job on her, she really needs a break, and honestly I do as well from worrying about her.

Thanks for the thoughts, it is appreciated a lot.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: June 21st, 2021, 7:28 pm

I hope everything works out for your mom and you...I will keep you guys in my prayers. :pray:

Well the Salmon wasn't so good, I'm not sure, but I think they might have switched the salmon for something else.
It was more red than usual salmon is, and a more gamey taste.
I know my tummy is swimming now :unsure: head also.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Sorry i haven't been here the last few days. I will also be praying for your family, and you too Blue. You folks have sure been through a lot. It sounds almost like the salmon my wife once bought from this guy who was fishing during spawning season. I made sure she didn't try to eat it. It just smelled awful when she tried to cook it. :yuk:
Mel Gibson

Ya, best of wishes for your Mother. These things are never easy to deal with, especially knowing how fast things can go badly downhill with the elderly. My parents weren't even that old, and neither ended up leaving the hospital alive.

And as far as the Salmon goes, there are different types... Knowing where you live, I'm guessing Salmon would have to be trucked in from a long ways away? Wonder where they bought it? One good thing about living in BC, is that I'm never that far away from decent Salmon!

When I was a little kid, there used to be a dude that would drive around the neighbourhood selling seafood from his car. Not sure how legit he was, but he did seem to have regular customers. I guess as long as the product is kept properly chilled it should be OK, but that was the 1980's and things were a bit different then so who really knows?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thanks Beanthere, and Mel.
It's rough worrying, and just dealing with the waiting, I really don't trust the hospitals that much since my dad died.
He was in the VA, and they butchered him, and never really took care of him while in there.
My mother is 83, hard to think of her that way, she don't look it, or act like it, shes always busy, and running places.
A lot of people after this surgery is never the same, I really hate the waiting, and not knowing.

What I'm afraid of besides something going wrong is if she gets out she will hurt herself.
She is a person who has to have something done now, and also if she knows someone else needs something, or just thinks they do she will jump up, and do it.
I can do some of the stuff for her, but when I'm not upstairs she wont bother to call on me.

Maybe my aunt will help out, and keep her down, she will be here for a bit after I think.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well my mother is on the way home, the doctor wants her on antibiotics for a week before surgery.
I'm glad they decided this, but it prolongs the stress of her with the still needed surgery, and danger of her condition.
Maybe Ill sleep a little when it's all done.

So, how did the day go for you, good I hope, and some good food :) had a T-bone here, i can't believe I ate the whole thing. :teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:43 pm
Renee wrote: June 21st, 2021, 7:28 pm

Well the Salmon wasn't so good, I'm not sure, but I think they might have switched the salmon for something else.
It was more red than usual salmon is, and a more gamey taste.
I know my tummy is swimming now :unsure: head also.
It may have been Atlantic wild caught salmon. That has a tendency to be redder and much more salty than the Pacific ranch raised stuff. If you are not used to it, you might think it was bad.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had it before, and had to toss it out, and once I covered it in french mustard to cover the taste :wacko: how uncouth of me right :laugh:
Actually I make a sauce from mustard, and mayo, it's quite good on some fish, has a little lemon, and garlic in it also.

I'm not sure what kind of Salmon it was if even salmon, they also switch out salmon for other fish sometimes.
All I know is the dark red meat isn't as good as the pink stuff.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Hello peoples, hows life today :)
A little tired here, but getting some things done, already cleaned up, and ready to do more :)
Cut my hair even, and not looking much like the caveman I have become.

So, anything good going on, weekend plans worth mentioning, food ?

I think this weekend Ill do some shopping online, and get some things for the house we need.
A house always needs something you know, and my mother always needs something also :facepalm:
Some blinds for the porch, some weed, and grass killer, and there was something else but I forgot what it was.
Oh well, always something.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: June 24th, 2021, 9:50 am So, anything good going on, weekend plans worth mentioning, food ?
Well, we have severe heat on the way, which I'm not looking forward to! Temps are going to hit 40+ degrees (104+ for you Americans) here! Most of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia are going to bake! What's unique with this weather pattern is that it won't cool down much at night, exacerbating the problem. Temperature records will be broken.

60% of British Columbians don't have air conditioning in their homes, so while we can handle the cold pretty well, not everyone is equipped for the heat! I have a Whynter portable air conditioner that I used in my small condo (condo's are hotboxes in the summer), so I set it up because it's the only A/C I have (other than in my car). It's not rated to cool the square footage I have here now, so all I can do is let the thing run 24/7 and see what happens!

Wish us luck!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

With those temps you need AC, no doubt about it. If all else get one for a room so you can escape the rest of the house.
We have central air, that's what people need in that kind of heat.

I bet in a week, or so you will here about the forest fires.
They should be clearing now, and doing some fire breaks so they don't get out of control.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:

Well happy Weekend :) it's about to start I guess.
Nothing much planned here, just a doctors appointment today, and maybe Ill head down to the gun store to see what they don't have. :teehe:
I should take some of mine, and sale some, I have ammo also I could sell.

My guess is that at the gun stores you have pretty much junk in stock, and really expensive guns people can't afford.