Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Oh wow. I am so sorry to hear that. Just one more reminder of how fragile life really is. I'm gonna be praying for the both of you. :(

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thanks Beanthere, it's appreciated, I'm quite down over it.
I always loved her, she even lived here for a few years before moving up north.
I did have some hope for her before this news, but it's not good.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Bad weather heading your way I hear. It's snowing where I live, but it's not sticking as much. Mel will be doing a lot of shoveling where he lives. I guess you know about that massive 50+ vehicle pileup in Fort Worth. We had our own version of that a few days ago with a 20 vehicle pileup. Only one person died in that one. There are times though when they should just park their trucks and wait it out. Same with those fools who don't know how to drive in bad weather.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I saw that pileup, there was some video of it.
It's crazy how fast some was going.

Here our roads are clear now, but ice on the walks, and driveways .
My mom slipped today, banged up her knee.
I saw her do it, nothing I could do though.
She parked to far over on the drive, she should have parked where there was no ice on it.
I think she will be alright with it, but my guess it will act up on her the next few days.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: February 12th, 2021, 6:12 pm Re: News about my aunt, she got some test results back today.
She has cancer in both lungs, her liver, her back, and they want test on her brain to see if it's there also.
My guess is they will try Chemo, but there really isn't much more they can do for her.
Sad news, my heart sank when I got the news.
I guess Ill have to accept it, but it's still hard knowing there must be something that could help out there.
That's bad. I'm sry.
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: February 13th, 2021, 2:36 pm Mel will be doing a lot of shoveling where he lives.
No snow here, sucka! Which is a good thing, because my snowblower is in the shop for potential warranty work. And since it's warranty work, they probably won't look at it until Spring...

It is cold here though... About -13C, but that's unusually cold here for the time of year.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: February 12th, 2021, 6:12 pm Re: News about my aunt, she got some test results back today.
She has cancer in both lungs, her liver, her back, and they want test on her brain to see if it's there also.
My guess is they will try Chemo, but there really isn't much more they can do for her.
I guess Ill have to accept it, but it's still hard knowing there must be something that could help out there.
My Mother had almost the same diagnoses, but the cancer did reach the brain. Chemo was a possibility, but wasn't really suggested at that point. She died a short while later in hospice care, but not from the cancer... At that point they will eventually give you high enough doses of Morphine to kill you, which is what happened. It's not the worst way to go, I guess...

You have my best wishes, but be prepared for the worst... Cancer can be an ugly thing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: February 13th, 2021, 7:31 pm
That's bad. I'm sry.
Thanks RF, you are the best.

Just something I have to live with, and it stays in my mind since Ill likely get something like it also.
A lot of it is lifestyle, and where you live, and how you treat yourself.
Me sitting all the time isn't helping, and the places i worked in my life is bad, but being in Louisville is the worst for it cancer.

She will be gone soon I guess, they will put her on more, and more pain meds till she passes from them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: February 13th, 2021, 10:17 pm
My Mother had almost the same diagnoses, but the cancer did reach the brain. Chemo was a possibility, but wasn't really suggested at that point. She died a short while later in hospice care, but not from the cancer... At that point they will eventually give you high enough doses of Morphine to kill you, which is what happened. It's not the worst way to go, I guess...

You have my best wishes, but be prepared for the worst... Cancer can be an ugly thing.
Sorry hearing that Mel, that's really hard on a person.
Do you have any siblings ?

To bad you are not around here, you could be adopted into our depressing family.
I have one friend that I consider a brother, he would enjoy the company, and cooks like a pro, he would fatten you up.
Also he loves guns, you could have fun shooting onions with us sometime.
My real brother works hard at not working, and hasn't for a while now, and even when he did it was in a box at the prison checking cars in, and out at night. :laugh:

My aunt is on two pain pills right now, and a patch, morphine is likely next.
My favorite aunt died of overdose from it, they gave her the control to the morphine, and let her pass that way.
It's actually best so they don't suffer as much, and really just putting them out of it would be even better since there is nothing they can do. :(
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: February 14th, 2021, 7:04 am
Sorry hearing that Mel, that's really hard on a person.
Do you have any siblings ?

To bad you are not around here, you could be adopted into our depressing family.
I have one friend that I consider a brother, he would enjoy the company, and cooks like a pro, he would fatten you up.
Also he loves guns, you could have fun shooting onions with us sometime.
My real brother works hard at not working, and hasn't for a while now, and even when he did it was in a box at the prison checking cars in, and out at night. :laugh:

My aunt is on two pain pills right now, and a patch, morphine is likely next.
My favorite aunt died of overdose from it, they gave her the control to the morphine, and let her pass that way.
It's actually best so they don't suffer as much, and really just putting them out of it would be even better since there is nothing they can do. :(
It was a tough time... I do have a step-brother and step-sister, but we weren't raised together and never had much contact with each other. The only time we were actually in contact was when I had to execute the will. They both live far away out of Province. I am an only child for all intents...

Morphine is the lesser of two evils, I suppose: My Grandmother was in charge of my Grandfathers Morphine button, since he was in a weak state dying at home. She blamed herself for "killing him" with Morphine, when there was really not much else left that she could do. She died five years later, from Morphine also. My Grandparents were both over 80 though, so it's just how life ends when you get to that age I suppose...

My Mother was only 63 though. It's like, I'm not even 40 years old, but yet my parents are dead...

I actually discovered her dead, in the Hospice House, since I visited daily. She was working on a crossword puzzle, which she always liked to do. I knew she had just recently died though... I alerted the staff, and they did their thing. I wanted to keep that last half-finished crossword puzzle, but because of the high Morphine dose it was really just scribbles the boxes. She used to have fine writing skills, but not anymore at that point.

In one way I'm relieved though, since she had struggles before even entering Hospice. Struggles that I wasn't equipped to deal with. Things went downhill really, really fast though.

I had power of attorney, was the executor of the will, basically it was just me dealing with not only her dying/death, but everything else also, like the sale of the house, and a million other things that happened all at once.

On top of that, dealing with a couple of her 'friends' that came out of the woodwork at the end: "She should be at home, not in the Hospice." "You should do this, you need to do that..." Etcetera ad nauseam.

It's something that I wish to never deal with again...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I understand the guilt your grandmother had, but she did the right thing for him.
The alternative was more, and even worse suffering, she likely knew that.

Oh those friends, know it all, and judgmental shits that would have never helped you from the ordeal, and your suffering through it.
Sometimes people can do that stuff of being a caregiver, but they usually don't work, and have experience.
My guess they would never had did it for their folks.
Those people really irk me.

Do you ever talk to those two half siblings, I guess most like that just go on with their own life like you are not even alive.
I have a friend that is like that with his two older brothers, and was with his mother, she was dead two years before he found out.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2021, 11:58 am Do you ever talk to those two half siblings, I guess most like that just go on with their own life like you are not even alive.
No, we don't talk, but then we never really did even as kids. They were raised by their Mother, so there was never much contact between us. In fact, there wasn't really much contact between us and my stepfathers side in general, a big part of that being they all lived on the opposite side of the country...

My biological Uncle is pretty much the only remaining family member I am in regular contact with. Aside from two cousins here, he's the only remaining biological family member left in this country.

I never knew, and was never in contact with, my biological Father or his side of the family.

In one way it's not so bad though! I don't have to send presents or cards to very many people at Christmas time!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

To bad you are not closer here, I know me, you, and my friend Greg would have some good fun are the gun range, or just poking around town.
If all else I would have someone else to toss my junk at when I don't want it anymore :laugh: hey, I have good, and cool junk by the way. :laugh:
Hell if all else you could come over, and my mom would feed you.

I have a brother, two sisters, my niece, great niece, and great nephew.
I have a Nephew, but he is so far up his wife's butt we never see, or here from him.
I have a lot of cousins, I never talk with them, they are far away anyhow.
Mel Gibson

I appreciate the gesture! My cousins (both female) and I sort have grown apart over time. Unfortunately they still act and party like they're 18, but they aren't. I generally don't have time for their drama, which they both work hard to create. They'd both be at home on the Jersey Shore with Snookie...

I really need to get out more in my area, and meet new people here! I did get my local pistol range membership and key to the gate recently (unmanned range here), but haven't been there yet! Outdoor ranges aren't so fun in the Winter here! I might eventually meet some people there...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have the same drama queens in my family, they are mostly harmless except to themselves.
It gets old fast being around them, or hearing about them.
With Facebook, and my mother on it constantly I here all about it, I just tell her I don't care, why are you telling me this crap.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey Odi !
We have about 5 inches of snow, and ice here, they act like it's the end of the world, what do you think of that ? :laugh:

When I was a kid we had a bad blizzard one year, we went to school in it, and to beat all the snow plow was behind our buss.
I think we had about 18 inches at the time, and you could barely see the road.
Today we get a little snow they panic because the news said to panic. :roll:
Mel Gibson

I heard Texas really got hammered! That must be something they're really not used to! :laugh:

The kids will love it though...
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 16th, 2021, 7:53 pm Hey Odi !
We have about 5 inches of snow, and ice here, they act like it's the end of the world, what do you think of that ? :laugh:

When I was a kid we had a bad blizzard one year, we went to school in it, and to beat all the snow plow was behind our buss.
I think we had about 18 inches at the time, and you could barely see the road.
Today we get a little snow they panic because the news said to panic. :roll:
There is no need to worry, you still have plenty to go before its the end of the world. :teehe:

We have -23 degrees fahrenheit and 23 inches of snow... -31 Celsius and 60cm of snow.

Last winter was a lot snowier.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The most I remember here was 24 inches of snow, and 18 inches.
With the 24 inches we has some good sized snowdrifts, and remember digging a few cars out of it for people.
It's been 40+ below also a few times, I had to work in it, and was the only one dressed for it so I worked while everyone shivered, and they cried my ears off. :kez:
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

That drama queen thing is just to keep the attention on THEM I think. Even tho I'm female, I've noticed it a lot over the years. If there's two or more of you that's female, it's like there's an empty space there and they make sure they're going to fill that space with themselves. They don't share the litter tray either. If they like TV soaps as well, might be a drama queen as well... more drama, just the fictitious kind tho to chew over with others. It's like food I think.