Police Shootings, and abuse

General talk, and discussion.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Police Shootings, and abuse

Blue Frost wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 9:34 pm
Odinson wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 6:19 pm These are all tragic cases of police brutality...

:laugh:
I had to laugh also Odi even though I shouldn't, people are so moronic for much of the stuff like that they do.
The only crime I saw in both those videos was that the police were using glocks.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh:
My long time friend just bought a glock, when he brings up any gun now I have to tell him about his judgements, and actions after buying it. How can I trust his judgement anymore :laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Nothing wrong with Glock's! A decent pistol at a reasonable price! Striker fired, no manual safeties to have to fuck around with... Just point and shoot!

One dude at the range let me fire his a few years back, and they're OK. I didn't really like the grip texture, but I think they've redesigned that now...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No nothing wrong with them except they are ugly, and troll on Letterman took the B, and replaced it with a G. :spit:
People might not get that, but some of the old farts will find it funny.

You know the grip is pretty odd I think, and even the new one feels odd in my hands.
I'm not a fan of the trigger either, but it was a gun designed to be just a utilitarian pistol.
Me, and my friend wishes they would come out with a pistol caliber carbine series, I would likely consider one if done right, and in the right ammo choices.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

I could dig a Glock Carbine (provided our current gun bans don't go through in the end, wish us luck)!

Glock has provided a solid pistol platform, in all sizes, in all common calibers, and each one works just like the other... You can own a subcompact .380 Glock, and it will function in the same way as a full-sized 10mm Glock will. There is no separate learning curve...

These are relatively simple (utilitarian pistols, as you mention), but they work! Am I a fan of plastic pistols? Not really, and I bought a CZ because I want all steel... Nonetheless, many don't want all steel pistols. They're heavy to carry...

Glock is popular because they produced a pistol that works for most people... Most hate comes from the fact that Glock is a German made pistol. People like Renee will hate it for this reason alone.

I like 1911's, and I like S&W revolvers, but I also know that there are some good things that come from Europe also! Glock being one of them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Most people I know like German/Belgium made stuff, and rather it than most countries. They will take Japanese over China, or Mexico also.
Personally i will take what i like, and if is is proven.
I think my Italian guns are as good as any, and metal also which ill take before polymer.

Glock has a bad gun, the latest .22 they came out with, it's had several issues.
I think they are stupid though not going after the carbine market, my guess it would sell better than most out there, and would be in high demand.
The best part about Glock is the mags, and if they fit a pistol also of the same caliber that's a win win.
I was told they might just go into making mags full time.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Armed activists demand justice in Louisville, Breonna Taylor's hometown
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/louisvill ... -1.5663599

They invading your turf Blue. They comi'n for you.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not worried, they shot each other :laugh:
Three was hospitalized.

Oh, last event they had one had his .22 AR jammed with the bullet still in the ejection port. :laugh:

A note for them, they are very outmatched here, they should consider some life insurance with their pink, and rainbow mags.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Here you go, and they show that all white militia also, one has to have spray tan on pretty thick though behind the woman talking.
I saw several blacks in the 3 percent group, and have seen south Americans in it.

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think that Breonna Taylor was stealing drugs from the hospital cabinet and from the patients, and then giving them to the drugdealer for distribution.

A lot of nurses do that... A lot of nurses went into that specific field with stealing drugs in mind.
Mel Gibson

In the US, tons of Negroes seem to 'work' in hospital settings... I'm guessing it's some kind of 'employment equity' forced hiring thing?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: July 26th, 2020, 6:33 pm I think that Breonna Taylor was stealing drugs from the hospital cabinet and from the patients, and then giving them to the drugdealer for distribution.

A lot of nurses do that... A lot of nurses went into that specific field with stealing drugs in mind.
Yes, she did have them there from work, and that's been neglected as if shes innocent, and they had no reason to be there.
They had no reason to bust in, or start a shootout with a no knock is my big complaint, and she shouldn't have been killed.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 25th, 2020, 2:36 am Nothing wrong with Glock's! A decent pistol at a reasonable price! Striker fired, no manual safeties to have to fuck around with... Just point and shoot!

One dude at the range let me fire his a few years back, and they're OK. I didn't really like the grip texture, but I think they've redesigned that now...
The trigger pull on those things absolutely suck and there is no way to make it better. That kills the entire platform from a combat perspective. The only thing it has going for it is simplicity but then again so does a sharp stick...The reason why many cops cannot shoot worth a damn is because of that heavy, crunchy trigger pull. It's not conducive to proper shot placement especially while under the stress of a combat situation. It's just one more unnecessary thing to deal with.

Glocks are over hyped pieces of shit. There are better polymer framed alternatives out there from S&W, Walther, and H&K. You might have to spend more but you are still better off doing so.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My friend bought a top of the line Glock, and was really disappointed in it, mainly because the trigger.
He already knew the thing was ugly, but had to listen to the hype, and get one.
He mentions putting it up for trade, or sale all the time now.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 28th, 2020, 1:13 pm The reason why many cops cannot shoot worth a damn is because of that heavy, crunchy trigger pull. It's not conducive to proper shot placement especially while under the stress of a combat situation. It's just one more unnecessary thing to deal with.
Some police forces choose them exactly for the heavier trigger pull. Supposed to reduce accidental discharges. The RCMP chose the striker fired S&W 5946 (3953 for undercover) just for this reason, and it's still their standard sidearm to this day.

I guess it could be argued that proper and regular training should negate any downsides to a heavier pull. My Mother never had any issues qualifying with the revolvers, but had a difficult time qualifying when they transitioned over to the semi's... Countless hours spent at the cop range was necessary, and eventually managed to qualify.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 28th, 2020, 10:06 pm
Renee wrote: July 28th, 2020, 1:13 pm The reason why many cops cannot shoot worth a damn is because of that heavy, crunchy trigger pull. It's not conducive to proper shot placement especially while under the stress of a combat situation. It's just one more unnecessary thing to deal with.
Some police forces choose them exactly for the heavier trigger pull. Supposed to reduce accidental discharges. The RCMP chose the striker fired S&W 5946 (3953 for undercover) just for this reason, and it's still their standard sidearm to this day.

I guess it could be argued that proper and regular training should negate any downsides to a heavier pull. My Mother never had any issues qualifying with the revolvers, but had a difficult time qualifying when they transitioned over to the semi's... Countless hours spent at the cop range was necessary, and eventually managed to qualify.
You should know that there is a difference in revolver double action trigger pull and the double action trigger pull of a semi auto. It's not just the heaviness that is a problem...it's the hiccup or crunchy feel of the trigger pull.

Over time and use the revolver trigger will become smother and easier to squeeze, not so much with the double action pull on a semi. You simply cannot get rid of the creepy, stagey trigger pull on a glock or any of it's contemporary striker fired double actions. Some people can never get used to them no matter how much they try, especially those that have been trained on single action autos.

As the old timers used to say, if you want to smooth out the trigger on a revolver..."Shoot it and shoot it often".

My dad was an armorer and range officer for his dept as well as some of the surrounding municipalities. His opinion was that changing over to semi autos was probably the worst thing they could have done. The whole idea that the police were somehow out gunned by the criminal element was horseshit and due solely to budget cuts and manpower reductions. Double action semis with hi cap mags did nothing but lower qualification scores and promote a false sense of invincibility among the police. It lead to the spray and pray attitude that is now so prevalent among today's rank and file of large city police depts.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wish police, and people would stop walking backwards, most can't walk forwards without stumbling anymore.
Get behind a car door, or car, make the demand, and if they approach with the knife shoot them.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He thinks he is safe, but his partners had a pot of beans, and a crave case of sliders :teehe:
The big guy should fart all over him.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

At least they didn't kill the hostage this time.

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: August 5th, 2020, 7:26 am I wish police, and people would stop walking backwards, most can't walk forwards without stumbling anymore.
Get behind a car door, or car, make the demand, and if they approach with the knife shoot them.

That guy deserved to be shot.