I think I'm done here...

General talk, and discussion.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

I dont understand why these guys fear rejection..

Hearing women scream... That just fuels ones erection..

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

Mel Gibson wrote: June 6th, 2019, 2:18 am
beanthere wrote: June 5th, 2019, 10:53 pm But no. I think I found it. The perfect Kootenay mountain place for Mel. It even has a nice truck there for him. He could make them an offer for it. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J69ppctSaVg
Been there! Stopped in Sparwood when I trucked through there back when I did the long haul thing...

While still a geographically nice area, you're so far in Eastern BC at that point there, where one may just be better off traveling a few miles further and moving to Alberta instead!
If you are talking Alberta, check with your Asian girlfriend Shen Li for decent places to live.... :laugh:

I'm sure she will be more than willing to clue you in on all the hot spots and dog meat restaurants... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

Renee wrote: June 6th, 2019, 7:12 pm If you are talking Alberta, check with your Asian girlfriend Shen Li for decent places to live.... :laugh:

I'm sure she will be more than willing to clue you in on all the hot spots and dog meat restaurants... :laugh:
She'd be of no use. I'm looking for a more 'rural' vibe, and the Chinese almost always flock to larger cities (like most other immigrants do too). They feel uncomfortable in rural white areas, which is fine with me, since I want rural white areas to remain rural and white for me to move there!

They live in Calgary, and look at the mess it's becoming there: Only 57% European now? Uh, no thanks. Too 'Cosmopolitan' for me. They can live amongst there own there, while I shall live amongst my own in white rural area and not be viewed as Gweilo!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

Sounds like late 80s early 90s here, today it's just a bad bar, and a bunch of slobs hitting on men, and men hitting on them.
I don't even know many woman who go clubbing anymore like they used to do.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

The bar/club scene here is a shadow of its former self. It always sucked, but now even moreso!

Changing attitudes, beefed up drunk driving laws, etc, have all contributed to the downfall.

Maybe Europe still has an active bar/pub scene? 'Cause we don't here anymore.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

I don't here anyone mentioning it anymore, it's about forgotten, but I'm sure there is still the places around like bars they hang out in still.
A bar is all a club was anyhow back then, just with a dance floor, and more lights.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

Bar scenes always seem better when you were younger. Truth is they sucked then the same way they suck now...Bunch of kids getting sloppy drunk, all looking to get laid....Wow, what a way to spend an evening of your spare time... :roll: :down: I spent way too much time doing this in my college years.

It's the same now...but when you are older you just don't have the desire or better yet...the patience for the nonsense....It's called maturity and most of us pick up a significant amount of it after college or as we enter true responsible adulthood.

Yeah, I still have old girlfriends from HS and college that want to go out and "cougar up" some guys but 9 times out of 10 they usually end up in places with older crowds, where the music is not quite so loud and obnoxious, and the clientele is not looking to get fall down, shitfaced, drunk. The night usually ends, sober, safe and ALONE...Just the way I like it. Thankfully my days of holding a girlfriends hair while she pukes in some parking lot or alleyway are long over.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

The main street in this town is called "white-water street"..
Its littered with bars and nightclubs..

Going through all of them is called "rafting"..

Only the most skilled survive all the way downstream.

The cougars are at the northern hall restaurant... Incase you want a sugarmama.

That place used to be the Headquarters of the german alpjäger army stationed here during WW2.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

Renee wrote: June 7th, 2019, 2:09 pm Bar scenes always seem better when you were younger. Truth is they sucked then the same way they suck now...Bunch of kids getting sloppy drunk, all looking to get laid....Wow, what a way to spend an evening of your spare time... :roll: :down: I spent way too much time doing this in my college years.

It's the same now...but when you are older you just don't have the desire or better yet...the patience for the nonsense....It's called maturity and most of us pick up a significant amount of it after college or as we enter true responsible adulthood.

Yeah, I still have old girlfriends from HS and college that want to go out and "cougar up" some guys but 9 times out of 10 they usually end up in places with older crowds, where the music is not quite so loud and obnoxious, and the clientele is not looking to get fall down, shitfaced, drunk. The night usually ends, sober, safe and ALONE...Just the way I like it. Thankfully my days of holding a girlfriends hair while she pukes in some parking lot or alleyway are long over.
I was always designated driver, it always sucked for me, and I hated going to bars, and such.
Just think one sober guy having to deal with a car load of those slobbering drunk kids.

I had a date once with a potential new girlfriend, we went to a party, she really enjoyed the OJ, and Vodka drink, within a half hour she was passed out, and I just left her there.
She called, I hung up a few days later.
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

The scenes have always kinda sucked, but they weren't always quite as bad as they are now. As example, one local watering hole here used to be quite popular... Clean bar, always well maintained, decent pool tables. I liked to go occasionally and play pool (and drink too, of course). Didn't matter what the night, pool action was almost guaranteed there. On weekends, you'd have to put your name on the chalkboard and wait your turn to challenge one of the tables, as it was that busy... You could even go alone, and have no problem finding people to mingle with, and shoot some pool with.

I spent quite a bit of time there in my younger years, and met some generally decent people there over the course of a few years.

Happened to be driving by it more recently on a weekend evening, and thought I'd pop in for a quick pint of beer, since it's been years and I was curious... Pool tables were dead. Entire place was pretty much dead, except for a few tables of people just there to eat.

Finished my pint and left.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

A lot are gone here, and several of the old nude dancer places also. I'm glad to see most of them gone, they where traffic hazards being on the highway like they where, and eye sour dumps.
The few left are pretty ran down places also that was built in the early 60s, and 70s.
Mel Gibson

I think I'm done here...

I've noticed that too in my travels through the US... Your pubs/bars can be pretty run down and ratty, and the same goes for some of your liquor stores. While I guess it does keep costs down somewhat, our standards seem to be a bit higher when it comes to any kind of liquor establishment.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I think I'm done here...

I´ve always been more of a bar/pub man than a nightclub man..

Nightclubs have to be real high class so that they wont look like drunken, snot-nosed teenagers grinding themselves on each other..
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm done here...

LOL, low class is night clubs if you ask me, been to three, and I would rather hang out at the zoo.