R.I.P. Rudger Hower

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

He was one of those actors that didn't have a super amount of talent or acting range...but he made a big impact every time he was on screen. There was always something quietly menacing or untrustworthy about him. He gave me the creeps in just about every movie I saw him in.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

LOL, creepy is why I liked him, it's why he got the parts he got.
Ever watch the one movie he played a Blind Monk, it wasn't great, but pretty cool.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

He had this weird demonish look..

The cyborg looks. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

A Cro Magnon look to him
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

Blue Frost wrote: August 1st, 2019, 1:35 pm LOL, creepy is why I liked him, it's why he got the parts he got.
Ever watch the one movie he played a Blind Monk, it wasn't great, but pretty cool.
No never saw that...But I did see "The Hitcher" and that unnerved me.

Everyone says his most memorable performance was "Roy" in Bladerunner. I have to agree but not because he was a scary villian but because of the almost heart breaking monologue he utters at the end of his preprogrammed lifespan....Bladerunner is a dark, humorless, gritty, one dimensional film, that is not a lot of fun to watch but Hauer pulls it all together at the end. His final moments on screen makes the film worth sitting through.

He had a few other good film roles where he basically carried the film and one that I remember as a kid was "Ladyhawk". But in that film I never bought into him being a hero...He had too much of the psychopath in him to pull it off. I guess you would call him the "anti-hero"...The good guy but at the same time not so good because of his unrelenting, single minded, thirst for revenge. Some of the best movie roles come from playing that kind of part ....Probably the most memorable portrayal an anti-hero came from John Wayne, in "The Searchers".
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

I liked Lady hawk :)
In Blade Runner he was the only good part about it besides the graphics, and world view, it really wasn't a great film.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

I think Blade Runner is a great film..

Its somehow relaxing... Hypnotic.

Something I would watch when there is a thunder-storm outside..
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

To me, Harrison Ford was just boring, the rest of the movie was alright.
Ford was a snooze fest, they could have let Ben Stine play his part, and it would have been just as good. :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

How high does the golden globe rank in the award scale?

I´ve always thought its a big deal.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

R.I.P. Rudger Hower

I have no idea, I never payed any attention to it unlike the Academy Awards which I wont watch anymore.