Blue, I have a question for ya!

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Since you worked there, when does Ford assembly plant start building the new model year?

I'm just curious, as last week I tried to get a custom build order put in on a 2019 F150, but was told the next day it was too late in the model year, and the plant won't assemble one for me.

Told me I'd have to put in a build on a 2020 instead...

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

They are just trying to be polite..

Ford doesnt serve people like you.

:laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

You are really late man...

Might as well order a 2020 model.
Mel Gibson

Ya, I waited too long. The dealership said it might go through, but next day they got word that factory won't build it.

Only problem with ordering a 2020, is I lose out on some of the end of year discounts...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think you might have missed it by maybe a week, or two.
If I'm thinking right new models start in July now, used to be September a few years back.
If they are running the same body style sometimes they will still build some till the parts run out of them since there is sometimes a yard difference in a part here, and there. That's engineering stuff, and making stuff cheaper if they can.

i was looking two nights ago for a car, and the one I was looking at to be built was not there like it was last week so I lost out, but maybe Ill find one I want on the lot still.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I keep hearing on the radio how customers get employee pricing. Is this even true? There's gotta be a catch.
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: August 12th, 2019, 6:44 pm I keep hearing on the radio how customers get employee pricing. Is this even true? There's gotta be a catch.
I can't confirm if it was 'exactly' employee pricing, but on existing trucks in inventory they were knocking off about $10,000 on a truck with a $50,000 MSRP for me, but unfortunately they didn't have one that was quite like I wanted...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: August 12th, 2019, 6:44 pm I keep hearing on the radio how customers get employee pricing. Is this even true? There's gotta be a catch.
Sometimes they do that, but they get you on add-ons if they can, other stuff like hidden fees, and warranties also.
They do that to employees also by the way, but when you see the stuff like that you can still negotiate a better price.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character