Mel's hole

General talk, and discussion.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Re: Mel's hole

I have this feeling that Mel is drinking himself to oblivion. For his sake, I hope he comes around abd realizes one day he needs to stop.

Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Tops :cool:

Today is day 423 of no booze for me. :stars:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't drink, but I think about it now, and then because of pain.
I think I would be an alcoholic if I did.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:51 pm I don't drink, but I think about it now, and then because of pain.
I think I would be an alcoholic if I did.
Yeah...it's sad that a lot of people drink because of pain or uneasy feelings. I drank because of that too...I didn't like it anymore cause booze does not allow you to be in control of yourself...plus the massive dehydration the next day...I couldn't stand both.

I love sobriety, its awesome. Plus its saved me a ton of money...booze is not cheap. Now, I just toke a little weed in the evenings.

I bought a pineapple pop last night, it was really yummy! I buy myself those kinds of treats...I really use to love banana pop, but I can't find it anymore....I also use to buy almond pop at a speciality store...that to I cannot find anymore :(
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I know what your saying, I hate not being in control of myself, that's why I don't take the meds the doctor gave me for pain, and muscle issues.
I really have no issue with the pain meds, but the Muscle relaxers I can't stand what they do to me.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Berry Sweet wrote: February 10th, 2020, 9:23 pm I have this feeling that Mel is drinking himself to oblivion. For his sake, I hope he comes around abd realizes one day he needs to stop.
Mel drinks because he has some significant mental issues going on. Until he gets a handle on his mental disorders, he will continue to self medicate with cheap hooch or whatever kind of stimulant he can get his hands on.

There are a lot of people out there like Mel and most have a very low chance of successfully turning their lives around. Sad to say but that's reality.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Melskie still has it all..

A lot of real alkies have drank their homes, cars, families etc..
But they still manage to surface.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: February 9th, 2020, 8:44 am I wonder whats the failure rate in those situations where the house is built for you.
I'm not 100% sure how the program works, but you actually have to help build the house itself, as well as volunteer with the HFH team also.

You also have to be employed, with a good credit rating, since HFH actually issues you the mortgage you pay on your new house.

Since one actually does get a mortgage for the new house, I would think HFH owns the property until mortgage is paid off, and could toss you out for failure to pay. Although no doubt they may offer more leeway than a bank would if you ran into hard times...
Mel Gibson

Berry Sweet wrote: February 10th, 2020, 9:23 pm I have this feeling that Mel is drinking himself to oblivion. For his sake, I hope he comes around abd realizes one day he needs to stop.
There are those of us that do not really belong on this Earth, for various reasons. I am one of them. It is what it is...

People like me do our best with what we have at hand, until we can reach the gates of Valhalla.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: February 11th, 2020, 10:53 am Mel drinks because he has some significant mental issues going on. Until he gets a handle on his mental disorders, he will continue to self medicate with cheap hooch or whatever kind of stimulant he can get his hands on.

There are a lot of people out there like Mel and most have a very low chance of successfully turning their lives around. Sad to say but that's reality.
I wouldn't state that I have "significant mental disorders," since I don't. However, it might be nice if I truly did, since I could then sit my ass on disability payments for the rest of my life!

What I do have is an 'overactive brain,' which makes me look forward to 'slowing it down' in the evening with drink. Sadly, I don't see that changing anytime soon... I am 100% drug free, and although I've dabbled with various illicit substances in my younger years, none of them ever 'stuck'... I've never had a problem with drugs, believe it or not.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 11th, 2020, 9:58 am I know what your saying, I hate not being in control of myself, that's why I don't take the meds the doctor gave me for pain, and muscle issues.
I really have no issue with the pain meds, but the Muscle relaxers I can't stand what they do to me.
Good for you. It's hard for sure.

Muscle relaxers...I love those little school house sign ones...they are amazing! But I stay away from them as well.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: February 11th, 2020, 6:38 pm Melskie still has it all..

A lot of real alkies have drank their homes, cars, families etc..
But they still manage to surface.
It's a very risky balancing act, though... I have made some mistakes in the past, which could easily have ended up much worse than they did.

I have gotten lucky a few times also. With age often comes a better understanding of the risk/reward ratio, and alcohol use must be handled in such a way that one doesn't risk immediate and harsh repercussions in life.

Things like not drinking and driving (our laws are harsh now concerning that), drinking at home instead of bars/pubs (comes with age), and never drinking on the job are important aspects of maintaining this pattern.

My personal rule of thumb is to never drink before dinner, and I have been able to maintain that for many years.

But still, people like me often walk a thin line, and we are fully aware of this: It wouldn't take much for me to become that bum living in a homeless tent, begging for your change in front of a store.

You have to catch yourself before you start skating on that thin ice, which isn't always the easiest thing to do. Some can manage this better than others...
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I agree with Renee, Mel. I think you have mental health issues and you drink to block whatever is bothering you.

Im not saying this to be mean, im totally serious. If you face it, accept it and do the mile....its worth it.

And I call mine Nirvana. I have an area in my place I call Nirvana...its for meditating and relaxing...for the longest time, my kid thought I named it after the band and thought I was total weirdo...until one day I told her what Nirvana actually meant lol
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: February 12th, 2020, 2:18 am
Renee wrote: February 11th, 2020, 10:53 am Mel drinks because he has some significant mental issues going on. Until he gets a handle on his mental disorders, he will continue to self medicate with cheap hooch or whatever kind of stimulant he can get his hands on.

I wouldn't state that I have "significant mental disorders," since I don't. However, it might be nice if I truly did, since I could then sit my ass on disability payments for the rest of my life!

What I do have is an 'overactive brain,' which makes me look forward to 'slowing it down' in the evening with drink. Sadly, I don't see that changing anytime soon... I am 100% drug free, and although I've dabbled with various illicit substances in my younger years, none of them ever 'stuck'... I've never had a problem with drugs, believe it or not.
If you are self medicating with alcohol to ease some kind of mental condition to the point where you know the outcome will be bad...(as you have stated), then your issues or disorders are "significant".

If you cannot get through your day without getting fucked up, then your issues are "significant"

If you have taken risks or chances with your life, financial wellbeing, or have risked jail or legal punishment due to your addiction to alcohol, then your mental issues are "significant".

Stop kidding yourself, stop sugar coating your pathological need to get plastered...get help before it's too late. And I mean REAL help...Not that socialized medical mediocrity you people north of the US border call medicine and psychiatry.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Berry Sweet wrote: February 12th, 2020, 2:26 am
Blue Frost wrote: February 11th, 2020, 9:58 am I know what your saying, I hate not being in control of myself, that's why I don't take the meds the doctor gave me for pain, and muscle issues.
Good for you. It's hard for sure.

Muscle relaxers...I love those little school house sign ones...they are amazing! But I stay away from them as well.
I have a hillbilly accent, and a city one put together, I sound bad enough sober.
I really can't stand listening to myself when on those things, I get a slight lisp along with slower speech.
The tiredness, and lazy feeling is very aggravating for me also.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: February 12th, 2020, 2:06 am
Blue Frost wrote: February 9th, 2020, 8:44 am I wonder whats the failure rate in those situations where the house is built for you.
I'm not 100% sure how the program works, but you actually have to help build the house itself, as well as volunteer with the HFH team also.

You also have to be employed, with a good credit rating, since HFH actually issues you the mortgage you pay on your new house.

Since one actually does get a mortgage for the new house, I would think HFH owns the property until mortgage is paid off, and could toss you out for failure to pay. Although no doubt they may offer more leeway than a bank would if you ran into hard times...
I remember years back a lot would live in the home till they got kicked out, the places where trashed after they got in.
Most those people don't deserve a house, and really who does unless they earn it, and appreciate it.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Odinson wrote: February 12th, 2020, 11:52 am
So did this happen in Blues' neck of the woods? That reporter looks like he's maybe 14 years old.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Funny thing with me was I only took the odd sip of something when I was a teenager, then, almost nothing at all until I got married when I would go with my wife to other Phillipino houses and then I would have the odd beer or glass of wine. Same with Christmas parties. I have bottles of wine around my house that will sit for 2 years before I will find an occasion for them, and I will have maybe one beer if I eat at the local pub with my boys. I just don't like the idea of getting drunk, it's just not cool. And my daughter keeps me honest with it. She hates booze even though nobody around her drinks irresponsibly.
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: February 17th, 2020, 12:53 am Funny thing with me was I only took the odd sip of something when I was a teenager, then, almost nothing at all until I got married when I would go with my wife to other Phillipino houses and then I would have the odd beer or glass of wine. Same with Christmas parties. I have bottles of wine around my house that will sit for 2 years before I will find an occasion for them, and I will have maybe one beer if I eat at the local pub with my boys. I just don't like the idea of getting drunk, it's just not cool. And my daughter keeps me honest with it. She hates booze even though nobody around her drinks irresponsibly.
You are lucky that you are able to do that... Not everyone can.