"VIP"
"VIP"

Why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Sage advise from somebody who knows.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

I have been told most my life to be your own boss, it's the only way you will get rich.
I say about the same, but there is something else, you have to put in the effort, great effort, and don't feel bad if you fail a few times. It's the same in dating by the way, you need to put in the effort.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I watched that video last night. Lots of insight in it...I enjoyed it.

And yes, it is a lot of time and effort to get rich...for me, its not something im interested in. Having money is nice, but I'd rather have happiness and people who love and care about me than millions of dollars.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:33 am I have been told most my life to be your own boss, it's the only way you will get rich.
I say about the same, but there is something else, you have to put in the effort, great effort, and don't feel bad if you fail a few times. It's the same in dating by the way, you need to put in the effort.
Running your own business can be a satisfying thing for those that have the drive to want to become wealthy beyond what employment with others can offer them. It is usually a tremendous amount of work though... No 9 to 5 when running your own show!

Others run their own business to be 'free' from 'the man'... I fit better into this latter category. It is still not without struggle though.

My business is run as a Limited Liability Corp. (since big trucks can do big damage, and I don't want to end up homeless), but my trades guy here runs as a sole proprietorship, which simplifies things for him greatly... No corporate tax accountants, and he's free to set his own hours, come and go as he pleases, etc...

He gets the work because he is good, friendly, and can do the work properly that he advertises he can do.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I knew a man who had 5 trucks of his own, he got his two sons into driving when they grew up, and did a lot of the work himself till he almost killed himself when a wheel popped off on him.
He wasn't rich, but real rich, but had over a million dollars in the 80s.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Why dont poor/homeless people murder somebody?

Invade some1s home, kill him... Then surrender without a fight..

You get set for life.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Jail is better than freezing your ass out. Warm shelter and hot plate of food.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

All the butt sex you can handle also :laugh: No thanks.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 28th, 2020, 9:10 pm Why dont poor/homeless people murder somebody?

You get set for life.
Because even most homeless people have a little something called morality.

Most homeless people don't even want to live in a homeless shelter...How great do you think prison is going to go over?
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Homeless people obviously have mental health struggles. Lots of them have suffered some sort of trauma in their lives. They need help, not prison. Sadly, our government doesn't care. With help, some of these people could actually turn around and get their lives back.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

There is a homeless lady in my area...I see her everywhere....she really gets around and is very friendly...but I can see she has some sort of mental health problems....I give her money or something from my groceries when I see her....I always get the God bless you...I should talk to her next time and see what she's all about..
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Berry Sweet wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 1:15 am Homeless people obviously have mental health struggles. Lots of them have suffered some sort of trauma in their lives. They need help, not prison. Sadly, our government doesn't care. With help, some of these people could actually turn around and get their lives back.
That's the real problem. Just the stress of living on the street for an extended period of time causes traumatization and mental illness. And you are right; the government doesn't care because lets be frank, the homeless are not a big voting demographic.

Oh yeah, our goverment officials pay a lot of lip service to the homeless problem but they never really do anything meaningful about it. In this country they would rather court illegal immigrants and fight to give them IDs, free education, driver's licenses and voting rights.

The other side of the coin is that many of the homeless don't want help. They don't want to turn their lives around or change their situation. They would rather live under a bridge and have no social or personal responsibilities and unfortunately no one can fix that.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 11:02 am
Odinson wrote: February 28th, 2020, 9:10 pm Why dont poor/homeless people murder somebody?

You get set for life.
Because even most homeless people have a little something called morality.

Most homeless people don't even want to live in a homeless shelter...How great do you think prison is going to go over?
Just joking..
But if you are healthy, no criminal record and drug-free, you should join the military.

The shelters are staffed by people with degrees in gender studies... They are too weak to enforce rules.

Homeless women get raped and the addicts use the shelters as some kind of a place to do drugs.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Berry Sweet wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 1:19 am There is a homeless lady in my area...I see her everywhere....she really gets around and is very friendly...but I can see she has some sort of mental health problems....I give her money or something from my groceries when I see her....I always get the God bless you...I should talk to her next time and see what she's all about..
Most I see anymore in my area are crack heads, and ones on who knows what.
I used to see a lot less before the city moved the trash out my way with that great Urban Renewal crap.
I think 9 out of 10 had mental issues last i read for here, but i can see why.
Any that need help other than crack heads, and drunks i don't mind giving something if they look like they need help, and especially if they do look hungry.