The Coronavirus AKA Covid19

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: The Coronavirus AKA Covid19

Stabbed over bottle water :facepalm:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Absurdity of the Wuhan Virus Panic
https://theothermccain.com/2020/03/13/t ... rus-panic/
Posted on | March 13, 2020 | 22 Comments

Students at John Hopkins University have created a COVID-19 (Wuhan coronavirus) outbreak map, from which we may learn that, as of this morning, the disease has caused nearly 5,000 deaths worldwide, of which more than 4,000 were either in China or Italy. Likewise, of the 134,700 COVID-19 cases identified worldwide, four nations (China, Italy, Iran and South Korea) account for approximately 114,000 cases, about 85%. What percentage of COVID-19 cases are in the United States? A tiny fraction. We’ve had about 1,700 cases identified, with 41 deaths.

EVERYTHING IS CLOSED! No more NBA games, major league baseball has proposed postponing Opening Day, and my college-age kids have had their campuses closed down for the rest of the term. In New York, the governor has banned any gathering of more than 500 people, and the debate scheduled for Sunday between Democratic presidential candidates Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders will take place without a live audience. Nine members of Congress have declared themselves in “self-quarantine” because they may have been exposed to the virus, and Democrats are trying to wedge all their pet projects into an emergency legislative package to deal with the outbreak. All this because of a contagion that has, so far, killed fewer Americans than gunfire in Chicago.

Did I mention that about three-quarters of U.S. coronavirus deaths have occurred in Washington State? Or that nearly all U.S. cases can be traced to those who have traveled abroad? President Trump banned travel to China six weeks ago, and this week banned travel from continental Europe. So between those travel bans and the shutting down of everything — no school! no sports! — we might reasonably expect the spread of the virus to soon begin dwindling. Yet as the actual risk to Americans is decreasing, it seems panic is conversely increasing.

Roger Kimball says this panic “is a textbook case of the Rahm Emanuel principle that you never want a good crisis to go to waste.” Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are deliberately inciting panic in order to justify implementation of “reforms” that expand government power. All we have to do is calm down for a few weeks, and the COVID-19 threat will be over by mid-April at the latest.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Renee, I hope you are alright up there.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: March 13th, 2020, 3:04 pm :laugh: Renee, I hope you are alright up there.
:rofl: About time.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

9970b717-5ada-4e3f-9460-303391999601.jpg
(175.82 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

I aint gonna take a vaccine..
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I think we will close our border with the Americans. Our neighbor Washington State death toll from coronavirus climbed to 37 Friday and 568 positive cases, Gov. Jay Inslee said during a press update.

As of yesterday (March 12), Canada had conducted over a thousand more tests than the United States, and we are one-tenth the size. As a result of testing and other measures, the growth rate of the virus is substantially lower in Canada, increasing at a rate of under 20 per cent per day. By comparison, in the U.S. confirmed cases are growing at an average rate of 40 per cent over the last seven days. In one analysis of WHO data, Canada is doubling the number of infected every six days, while the US is doing so every two days. They are on track to reach Italian levels of infection within the next two weeks.

As a result, the single most likely vector for the coronavirus to spread into Canada, without question, is the movement of people across our southern border.

So it is not surprising that this morning the Canadian government, following the lead of some provinces, called for Canadians to avoid all international travel. That includes travel into the United States. And, in an interview with CBC, the Prime Minister did not rule out going further. When asked if he would close the border, he replied, “We are in the midst of looking at this … We’re in the midst of evaluating day-to-day what to do.”
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Canada did have more cases than us a week ago at least.
Also they said on the news most the respiratory deaths was from other causes other than Corona.
It's a bit late for closing borders since they already let the stuff in, all they can do is slow the spread of the virus.
You know with all the people off work, and running around town now, and kids out of school more might get the virus.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

State of emergency in New York city. There could be a thousand cases in NY by end of next week.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I actually found some tp today! I got 2 packs, I also stocked up on some food. I don't want to be out in public this weekend...its freaky to actually see all those bare shelves and people with masks on...it made me feel uncomfortable :(
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I got your toilet paper, right here.

0379b25d-35a8-4a29-8248-82fc8f9c8997.jpg
(90.33 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: March 14th, 2020, 1:18 am State of emergency in New York city. There could be a thousand cases in NY by end of next week.
I read that in April we will be seeing the main shortages from China from this.
Panic buying will dry that up faster than expected i think, and hording by some supply chains.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

My CORONA!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just a thought, i will bet someone will be demanding forced vaccinations now for the flu.
Lets see if that comes up anytime soon.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Vaccine side effects: You start to have Joe Biden speech patterns. :woot:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"