For Those Who Like Fatties

General talk, and discussion.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: For Those Who Like Fatties

Odinson wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:59 pm If you talk to him again, please call him "vässykkä" for me.

He will recognize the term.
I kind of got the impression that this individual was one of the current progressive types that infest the younger generation and that he really didn't know what they were talking about. He struck me as one of these bratts that have distain for established and more conservative traditions and practices. The kind that really doesn't want to work and be handed everything simply because they feel that they "deserve". He eluded to the idea that losers serve in the miltary and even bigger losers are proud of it.

He said exemptions are easy to get and only 2/3s of Finnish males under 30 actually serve...He also said that job discrimination based on military service is illegal. He is also some kind of brown creature judging from his profile pic and most likely a member of a transplant refugee family.

Speaking of work, are you guys seriously thinking of reducing your work hours to almost part time levels in the future? You do know that will cause havoc in your economy, right?...Reduced work hours mean lost productivity and supply chain interruptions and breakdowns, lost wages and lower standards of living but unfortunately you cannot make these idiot kids understand that...But how can you when most of them have never left the shelter of their parents house?

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 4:28 pm Speaking of work, are you guys seriously thinking of reducing your work hours to almost part time levels in the future? You do know that will cause havoc in your economy, right?...Reduced work hours mean lost productivity and supply chain interruptions and breakdowns, lost wages and lower standards of living but unfortunately you cannot make these idiot kids understand that...But how can you when most of them have never left the shelter of their parents house?
You have to realize that most Western nations are not like the US, and value a work-life balance more than they value 70 hour work weeks in an attempt to 'keep up with the Joneses'. This is also seen in their generous vacation time allowances also.

Also don't forget that Northwestern European nations are more productive than the US, even while working fewer hours. Basically they are more efficient at what they do, allowing shorter working hours to actually work. That 'German Efficiency' is actually a thing.

I would personally agree with the choice of reduced working hours, because an eight hour work day is complete bullshit: Shower at 8:00, leave for work at 8:30, arrive at 9:00, off work at 5:30, get home at 6:00. That's not eight hours related to work, that's 10 hours related to work. And people often have more than a 30 minute commute to work. So, a six hour work day would actually equal eight work related hours.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 11:15 pm
Renee wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 4:28 pm Speaking of work, are you guys seriously thinking of reducing your work hours to almost part time levels in the future? You do know that will cause havoc in your economy, right?...Reduced work hours mean lost productivity and supply chain interruptions and breakdowns, lost wages and lower standards of living but unfortunately you cannot make these idiot kids understand that...But how can you when most of them have never left the shelter of their parents house?
You have to realize that most Western nations are not like the US, and value a work-life balance more than they value 70 hour work weeks in an attempt to 'keep up with the Joneses'. This is also seen in their generous vacation time allowances also.

Also don't forget that Northwestern European nations are more productive than the US, even while working fewer hours. Basically they are more efficient at what they do, allowing shorter working hours to actually work. That 'German Efficiency' is actually a thing.

I would personally agree with the choice of reduced working hours, because an eight hour work day is complete bullshit: Shower at 8:00, leave for work at 8:30, arrive at 9:00, off work at 5:30, get home at 6:00. That's not eight hours related to work, that's 10 hours related to work. And people often have more than a 30 minute commute to work. So, a six hour work day would actually equal eight work related hours.
I agree with what you are saying for the most part but the more efficient thing is bullshit....In my employment role often times I interface directly with the companies European division and they are no more efficient than American workers. In fact in many ways they are behind us. In most situations where we need input from the Euros they are bringing up the tail end of the dog. This is directly related to the fact that they do not work the same number of hours as Americans....

Also I disagree with the keeping up with the Joneses crap....That may have been a thing for our parents generation but nowadays American corporations demand more time from their employees for less pay than ever before. In the US you work to survive. You work if you want to own a home. You work if you want a decent car. You work if you want your kids to live in a safe neighborhood and send them to good schools.....That is not keeping up with the Joneses. That's basic necessity for most people who live outside the urban decay....and unfortunately that's what's left of the so called American dream for the average middle class citizen in North America.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 4:28 pm
Odinson wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:59 pm If you talk to him again, please call him "vässykkä" for me.

I kind of got the impression that this individual was one of the current progressive types that infest the younger generation and that he really didn't know what they were talking about. He struck me as one of these bratts that have distain for established and more conservative traditions and practices. The kind that really doesn't want to work and be handed everything simply because they feel that they "deserve". He eluded to the idea that losers serve in the miltary and even bigger losers are proud of it.

He said exemptions are easy to get and only 2/3s of Finnish males under 30 actually serve...He also said that job discrimination based on military service is illegal. He is also some kind of brown creature judging from his profile pic and most likely a member of a transplant refugee family.
Oh he is brown... Not really a finn then... Explains why he thinks getting exempted is easy.
You see the military aint that interested in training boys who are loyal to more than one country. :teehe:

The job discrimination thing is partially true but certain government jobs still require passed mandatory service... Like being a cop.

And whether you like it or not, your military service dodging habit tells a lot about your character to your job interviewer.

And then there is the question of what did you do to get exempted from the service.
Drug-addiction, mental illness or a handicap... Those things will make a large portion of jobs unavailable to you.

70 to 80% of the males do serve in the military... The rest are deemed unfit for military service or are indisposed at the time.

A guy who has not been in the army, is a rarity.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Speaking of work, are you guys seriously thinking of reducing your work hours to almost part time levels in the future? You do know that will cause havoc in your economy, right?...Reduced work hours mean lost productivity and supply chain interruptions and breakdowns, lost wages and lower standards of living but unfortunately you cannot make these idiot kids understand that...But how can you when most of them have never left the shelter of their parents house?
The logic in it being that you dont really work efficiently the whole 8 hours.

The most efficient hours are somewhere in the middle.

But there are multitude of other problems this kind of thing presents.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 4:06 pm

Oh he is brown... Not really a finn then... Explains why he thinks getting exempted is easy.
You see the military aint that interested in training boys who are loyal to more than one country. :teehe:

The job discrimination thing is partially true but certain government jobs still require passed mandatory service... Like being a cop.

And whether you like it or not, your military service dodging habit tells a lot about your character to your job interviewer.

And then there is the question of what did you do to get exempted from the service.
Drug-addiction, mental illness or a handicap... Those things will make a large portion of jobs unavailable to you.

70 to 80% of the males do serve in the military... The rest are deemed unfit for military service or are indisposed at the time.

A guy who has not been in the army, is a rarity.
Kinda what I thought....otherwise there would be no point to compulsory service it it was easy to avoid.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 7:33 am I agree with what you are saying for the most part but the more efficient thing is bullshit....In my employment role often times I interface directly with the companies European division and they are no more efficient than American workers. In fact in many ways they are behind us. In most situations where we need input from the Euros they are bringing up the tail end of the dog. This is directly related to the fact that they do not work the same number of hours as Americans....

Also I disagree with the keeping up with the Joneses crap....That may have been a thing for our parents generation but nowadays American corporations demand more time from their employees for less pay than ever before. In the US you work to survive. You work if you want to own a home. You work if you want a decent car. You work if you want your kids to live in a safe neighborhood and send them to good schools.....That is not keeping up with the Joneses. That's basic necessity for most people who live outside the urban decay....and unfortunately that's what's left of the so called American dream for the average middle class citizen in North America.
Multiple things to address here, Renee:

Their efficiency is proven by worker output. It is very easy to find worker output by nation, and guess who has the highest? Northwestern Euro's. I'll post links if you don't believe me. Don't blame them because they don't have 24/7 Indians working the call center so you can call them 24/7.

That aside Renee, I have family in Germany, and have visited them. (I'm first generation Canadian, for the record): There are differences. And I don't know if they are bad or good.

My family there was content. They are happy with their smaller home, and smaller car.

It comes down to how much you're willing to give away, for nice things.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’m interested in looking at a link that shows the worker efficiency from different countries. I imagine Japan’s worker efficiency rating would also quite high.
Mel Gibson

Gary Oak wrote: July 24th, 2021, 10:57 am I’m interested in looking at a link that shows the worker efficiency from different countries. I imagine Japan’s worker efficiency rating would also quite high.
Below is one chart... Japan isn't really as productive as one might think it seems. I'm sure at one point in history they would've been higher up the list though.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This chart is very interesting. Japan however was significantly above all other Asian nations. If Asia only Korea made the list. The USA is far ahead of Canada and Australia is just ahead of us. I was surprised that Israel wasn’t higher on the list with Turkey the next better. Chili is a white country however Mexico is the only other Latin American country to barely make the list.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The boss trying to do everything himself.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 24th, 2021, 11:31 pm
Gary Oak wrote: July 24th, 2021, 10:57 am I’m interested in looking at a link that shows the worker efficiency from different countries. I imagine Japan’s worker efficiency rating would also quite high.
Below is one chart... Japan isn't really as productive as one might think it seems. I'm sure at one point in history they would've been higher up the list though.

Interesting how your vaulted Germans are slightly behind the productivity of the US..... :laugh: According to that chart they are no more productive than their historical nemesis; the stinky French.... :laugh:

It also appears that the only Scandinavian country more productive than the US is Norway....The chart really doesn't support your argument, now does it? As you can see it's kind of a mixed bag.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would say that graph is faulty, our workers don't take off a month a year for vacation, and most those on that graph have shorter work weeks than us.
Years back when i was working the US was the hardest working nation on earth,
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:19 am I would say that graph is faulty, our workers don't take off a month a year for vacation, and most those on that graph have shorter work weeks than us.
Years back when i was working the US was the hardest working nation on earth,
I believe the chart is productivity per hour not productivity overall....It compares the hourly productivity equally across the board otherwise the out come would be skewed....But maybe not. More criteria is needed.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I know at factories I worked at it would be hard to beat our productivity.
Our, sipping, autos, and other products surpass most places.
Quality i would say differently, our quality has suffered the last few decades because of that same productivity.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

They are massive. :teehe:

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

And here she is vulnerable for an attack. :laugh:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: July 28th, 2021, 5:00 pm They are massive. :teehe:

Mutant Chernobyl boobs... :laugh:

BTW, I did some research and according to "boobpedia" (yes there is such a thing :kez:) her titts are real....poor girl. Somewhere down the line she will have to have them chopped if she wants to stand up-right in her old age... :(

https://boobpedia.com/boobs/Alena_Ostanova
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: July 29th, 2021, 9:55 am

BTW, I did some research and according to "boobpedia" (yes there is such a thing :kez:) her titts are real....poor girl. Somewhere down the line she will have to have them chopped if she wants to stand up-right in her old age... :(

Boobpedia. :laugh:

I have a feeling that they are gonna be a few liters lighter when I´m around. :toung: :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: July 29th, 2021, 12:18 pm
Renee wrote: July 29th, 2021, 9:55 am

Boobpedia. :laugh:

I have a feeling that they are gonna be a few liters lighter when I´m around. :toung: :laugh:
Boobpedia.com also says she is 5'-7" and 140lbs....WRONG...She's 160 or even 170. I'm 5'-3 and 148lbs and I look thinner than her. I probably have more muscle mass but still,...she ain't no 140. Her boobs are probably 25 lbs alone.... :laugh: