Are you ready for this?

General talk, and discussion.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Are you ready for this?

I have a bit of news here. One of my distant relatives started a museum in Alberta a long time ago. He ran a car dealership that had the motto: "We trade anything." So, local farmers would often bring in their 'golden oldies' and antique farm equipment to do a trade. This guy, and his brother started fixing up a lot of this stuff, and soon they had tons of really cool old cars and stuff. They started a museum. Soon, they were buying and collecting old aircraft and even had one of the original 'Snowbirds' . When we were there, a number of years ago, my mother got to go barnstorming in a restored biplane that they could give rides to people in. It was a really cool museum, and last time I looked, they were partnered with the Alberta government to run the place. and then, the brothers died.
The museum is currently closed due to Covid, but now here is the news. Stan Reynolds, the museums founder, had a private collection, and it wasn't cars and planes. Somebody bought all this stuff, and now it is up for auction, take a look.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/extremely-r ... -1.5367153

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Are you ready for this?

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want the property.
What a shame it's being sold off :( such a shame.
Likely a lot of time love, and work to get all that.
A few nice things inside I would take if I could have them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Wow, that's amazing... I watched a few minutes of the video...
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

I know. Most people running a business like a car dealership would be content to just go home at the end of a day and eat dinner. I wonder where these guys got all that energy and ambition from? Maybe cut from the same bolt of cloth as Trump, but not as loud. By the way, one of the items in the museum is an old electric car dating back to the early 1900's. The internal combustion engine took over because it was much more efficient, but yes, when cars were first a thing, they were electric.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Blue Frost wrote: March 30th, 2021, 4:53 pm I want the property.
What a shame it's being sold off :( such a shame.
Likely a lot of time love, and work to get all that.
A few nice things inside I would take if I could have them.
Yeah, they only showed a few things. I wonder what those books were at the end of the story. Could make use of that ball and chain, maybe I should bid on it.
:evil:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have a friend that would want the theater car seats made of a car, he tried to get me to make him one once.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character