Your Photos

General talk, and discussion.
Mel Gibson

Re: Your Photos

Reverse Flash wrote: June 13th, 2021, 9:08 pm A horse with wearing a thing on its head.
That's a fly mask. Stops flies and mosquitos from bothering horse...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Maybe keeping the flies off his eyes, but can be for other reasons. Flies sometimes drive a crazy, and they can get hurt.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
Mel Gibson

Unlike many other animals, horses can't really rub their face if something lands on it, so flying insects take advantage of that. Fly masks help keep horse happy. Even though it's a mesh, they can still see out of them just fine.

Source: My Stepfather owned a horse!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I can see the insects being a pain for them up there, some of the videos I see swarms of mosquito harassing animals driving them mad.
I'm not sure where that is, but it's near Vancouver.
Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advise, and a good conversation.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

All horses should be wearing a mask to lower the number of transmissable cases of Covid-19 among horses. Since most horses are not in compliance of our livestock mask mandate, the number of cases will continue to threaten them further. I am also recommending that all horses, cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, and alpacas be kept cooped up under lockdown. All horses must have a plexiglass barrier between stalls, and all barns, pig stys, and chicken coops must be regularly and consistently sanitized. The Fauci has spoken!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: June 14th, 2021, 2:41 pm I can see the insects being a pain for them up there, some of the videos I see swarms of mosquito harassing animals driving them mad.
I'm not sure where that is, but it's near Vancouver.
Here in BC Mosquitos can be fucking awful depending on the time of year, since there's plenty of pooled water around for their larvae to hatch. In the good old days they'd just spray DDT to handle them, but that's not allowed anymore.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

We get them bad here as well sometimes, I have to go spray the railroad down after it rains a while, and the water stagnates.
I keep the weeds down also, and cut the grass over there so they don't hatch in it.

DDT, great stuff, but over used of course, they should bring it out at least once a decade for problem areas.
The stuff used today isn't effective, and just as harmful which tells me it was all to do with money.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.