Your Photos

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

handsome bird, stately looking.
I think it is a golden, we have them here also :)

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Your Photos

The Aurora winter festival. $25 to get into this place. I guess it was fun.

Chair made of real ice.

Dolphin made of ice. I don't know how these ice figures are maintained. I guess they make new ones every day?

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

Nice photos again RF, but you seem to not have had much fun if you guess it was.
Nice Ice sculptures, to bad they will be gone soon.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Your Photos

These bald eagles were far. The town where Superchecker lives.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

That last one he is watching you :) might think you are a snack RF :teehe:
I like the ones where it is taking off, reminds me of the F-15 jet, such an awesome aircraft like the bird.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Your Photos

Golden-crowned sparrow
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

That bird would be easy to draw, it's a round ball :teehe:
Nice photo RF, as always :) you really should think about making a book, or something with that talent.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Your Photos

After many months. Finally encountered the infamous, ultra, rare, one of a kind mandarin duck. Probably only 2 in all of Canada. Dubbed as the most beautiful duck in the world.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

They are beautiful ducks, that one is prettier than the ones here I saw.
I like them, and they are so lovable looking as well.

Nice photos RF, and thanks for sharing, I do appreciate it a lot, and I still think you might consider a book some time.
Even if you just make yourself a coffee table book that would be really cool, and a keepsake you know.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

Well I got started on my tile work this week, I still have the grout to do, and another wall to start.
I think it looks pretty good so far.

Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Your Photos

Wow. That looks nice. I would have to pay someone to do this.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Your Photos

Looks really nice, Blue....Good job :thumbsup:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

Reverse Flash wrote: April 11th, 2019, 9:07 am Wow. That looks nice. I would have to pay someone to do this.
It's pretty easy, just glue the stuff up, and make sure it's cut the right size. The tiles come in one foot squares so it's more easy now days, the diamond trim tile is one piece also in foot lengths.
The grout when you put it on has to be put on diagonally to not to wipe it out of the joints, and it's the hard part because there is a lot of wiping to get the excess off.
It's not hard though, and I'm saying that as a novices.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

Renee wrote: April 11th, 2019, 2:06 pm Looks really nice, Blue....Good job :thumbsup:
Thanks Renee that makes me happy, it makes my mom happy, she thinks it looks better than she imagined it when I described it to her, and held the tile up for her to see. :)
It will look even better when done, and I get all the trim up around the new cabinets, takes me a lot of time though since I can't just jump into it most days.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Your Photos

Blue Frost wrote: April 11th, 2019, 4:15 pm
Renee wrote: April 11th, 2019, 2:06 pm Looks really nice, Blue....Good job :thumbsup:
Thanks Renee that makes me happy, it makes my mom happy, she thinks it looks better than she imagined it when I described it to her, and held the tile up for her to see. :)
It will look even better when done, and I get all the trim up around the new cabinets, takes me a lot of time though since I can't just jump into it most days.
It really looks nice and you are right...It's pretty easy to do today compared to years ago. I watched my dad do the backsplash in my parent's retirement home and it looked easy enough but he has a wet saw for cutting tile so I think he made it look easier than it was.

One question...did you cut the tile around the electrical outlets and mount the outlets flush with the tile or did you sort of surface mount them?
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

I cut out for the outlet, but the wall plate is on top the tile.
You can't see the detail on the wall plate, but it wouldn't show up if recessed as good.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Your Photos

BAP UNIÓN is a four-masted, steel-hulled Class “A” barque. The ship was launched in 2014 and commissioned in 2016.

One of the world's largest tall ships was docked in Vancouver today.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

Nice, and very cool, I love those type ships, and the older ones. I built a lot of model ships when younger, always fun, and I was a fan of the old pirate movies, and such.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Your Photos

4 or 5 of these guys just showed up at Granville Island. I think someone dumped them there. People enjoy taking pictures of them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your Photos

Celebrity turtles :)
I like the indignant look on some of them