Re: WHO Are You?

General talk, and discussion.
Shen Li

Renee wrote:
Shen Li wrote:Renee, one thing I forgot to mention is that I have changed my feelings about Romero. I have gotten to know him lately and even though we have fundamental diffs he is a very nice man. He lacks the feelings of superiority, smarminess, churlishness and collective narcissism baggage of the rest of the VF gang. I would like to have coffee with him next time I have a stopover in Vancouver on my way to Asia.
I

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Shen Li wrote:
Renee wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Renee wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:I agree Renee, and as for me I think as messed up as I think I am I'm just a normal Joe. :teehe: not a Joe, but Willie. :)
I try to be open as much as I can be online, I see no harm in it as long as safety or security is kept in mind.
I'm conservative mostly, and pro responsibility, I love to work even though I cant most the time. It makes me happy to see, or make people happy, especially Kids, and Old people.
I'm a bit of a neat freak, and believe less is more when it comes to owning stuff. I believe I would give my life for a member, or friend.
Honesty, and Respect is a virtue to me along with integrity.
I love History, ancient is my favorite :) Roman, and Hellenistic most.
What else :think: well not sure, but contrary to on here, I'm usually very depressed, it's just you all make me happier :kiss:
Blue you are one of the people I got a surprise out of. I knew you were a really nice, respectful and pleasant individual but I had no idea that you suffered from depression so badly. You mask it very well while online. I
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Shen Li

[quote="Renee"][quote="Shen Li"][quote="Renee"][quote="Shen Li"][quote="Renee"][quote="Blue Frost"]
Shen Li, I got news for you. Progressives hate ANYONE who shows an independent thought in opposition to their ideology. Their hate isn
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

[quote="Shen Li"][quote="Renee"][quote="Shen Li"][quote="Renee"][quote="Shen Li"][quote="Renee"][quote="Blue Frost"]
Shen Li, I got news for you. Progressives hate ANYONE who shows an independent thought in opposition to their ideology. Their hate isn
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:I make fun of French a lot also :teehe: stinky Frogs.
Who doesn't now and then? :cool:
All the time, they do all the time :yuk:
I'm glad I'm not French anymore, my family had an Island off the coast thanks them being Viking frogs.
I detest their sick politics, and them starting crap all over the world, and drawing America in to save their butts.
Also they want to complain, the bunch of ingrates. Bad Americans, bad bad Americans :facepalm:
Stupid for trusting the Cheese eating surrender monkeys.

I'm also Irish, Brit, Scot, Native American, and who knows what else. A fine Mutt I am :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote:
Renee wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:I make fun of French a lot also :teehe: stinky Frogs.
Who doesn't now and then? :cool:
All the time, they do all the time :yuk:
I'm glad I'm not French anymore, my family had an Island off the coast thanks them being Viking frogs.
I detest their sick politics, and them starting crap all over the world, and drawing America in to save their butts.
Also they want to complain, the bunch of ingrates. Bad Americans, bad bad Americans :facepalm:
Stupid for trusting the Cheese eating surrender monkeys.

I'm also Irish, Brit, Scot, Native American, and who knows what else. A fine Mutt I am :)
When I said "who doesn't now and then" I was talking about making fun of the French, not stinking like the French. :laugh:

God I hope like I never smell like a Frenchy. The last time I was in Disney World I got stuck behind a family of French stinkers while on line at Test Track. I almost fainted from the vicious body odor. My husband said I nearly passed out from the heat but I don't know about that, my eyes were watering. True story. :yuk:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I know there is clean French, but it only takes one stinker to foul the whole lot, and they have a lot.
The Politics smells even worse.
I always wanted to visit the villages in France, you can have Paris, and the smell of arrogance. :diaper:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Phil O Bat wrote:I'm just an old man whom no one notices.

Ooh. They had better notice you...I didn't know you were really Pai Mai.

[video][/video]
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Blue Frost wrote:I know there is clean French, but it only takes one stinker to foul the whole lot, and they have a lot.
I always wanted to visit the villages in France, you can have Paris, and the smell of arrogance. :diaper:
Oh Oh. All my kids are in French immersion...is this why they always need to be reminded to take a bath? :unsure: :roll:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I noticed him, but he seems to never notice me :( i even noticed he changed his avatar.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:I know there is clean French, but it only takes one stinker to foul the whole lot, and they have a lot.
Oh Oh. All my kids are in French immersion...is this why they always need to be reminded to take a bath? :unsure: :roll:
:spit: Likely so, tell them Limburger cheese isn't a good fresh smell to be wearing . :teehe:
Shen Li

[quote="Renee"]
Someone once said that when viewing groups of people the difference between progressives and conservatives is that conservatives just see people. They assume each person is an individual and each person has the same potential and capacity to learn and be successful regardless of race, gender or creed. It boils down to each person to his own gifts, abilities and desires. You the individual decides how far you will go in life and the responsibility for how far you can go is all on you the individual. It might be a kind of naive approach to things but at least I believe the core premise of this point of view is correct.

Progressives on the other hand see people as racial or ethnic groups with automatic built-in limitations. Certain groups need more help because they are inherently disadvantaged for some reason. The color of your skin or gender or ethnic background will be the determiner of how much preferential treatment you will deserve and receive. They believe that pidgin holing entire groups of people into neat little feel good packaging is the way to make things fair. Because after all we must be fair to everyone and level the playing field so that no one gets too far ahead. That way we can all end up in the same place at the end of a quick trip to mediocrity.

That
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

[quote="Shen Li"][quote="Renee"]
Someone once said that when viewing groups of people the difference between progressives and conservatives is that conservatives just see people. They assume each person is an individual and each person has the same potential and capacity to learn and be successful regardless of race, gender or creed. It boils down to each person to his own gifts, abilities and desires. You the individual decides how far you will go in life and the responsibility for how far you can go is all on you the individual. It might be a kind of naive approach to things but at least I believe the core premise of this point of view is correct.

Progressives on the other hand see people as racial or ethnic groups with automatic built-in limitations. Certain groups need more help because they are inherently disadvantaged for some reason. The color of your skin or gender or ethnic background will be the determiner of how much preferential treatment you will deserve and receive. They believe that pidgin holing entire groups of people into neat little feel good packaging is the way to make things fair. Because after all we must be fair to everyone and level the playing field so that no one gets too far ahead. That way we can all end up in the same place at the end of a quick trip to mediocrity.

That
Shen Li

[quote="Renee"]It also works both ways. At the risk of sounding racist I
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That dehumanizing is exactly what it is just like welfare is.
It takes the want, and need to get out to improve your situation.
It's a sickness maybe one day people will figure out
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote:
Mine went through French immersion too. It served my daughter very well when she's been in France and Quebec. :)
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hope she enjoyed it, likely a better time of the year than summer.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

She was actually kind of chilly while in France, but Italy was nice and warm.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think it's expensive in Italy, but would rather go there.
My niece went a few years back, stopped in Paris, Bavaria, Germany, and Italy.
She enjoyed it all except sticky Paris.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

The thing my girl liked the most about France was that she was able to communicate with people. You always hear about the French being really rude to people who don't speak French very well, but she said that she got tons of compliments on her French. Maybe they're starting to grow up over there!
Wag more, bark less.