Cute Animal Thread

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

Or lick it out of appreciation :laugh:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

:laugh: That can get annoying fast.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Cute Animal Thread

Is that a Lynx equivalent of a schlong measuring contest?
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

Pretty much, it's all about you is the biggest.
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Cute Animal Thread

This is amazing parenting ...

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Cute Animal Thread

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

Ryanissimo wrote: April 20th, 2019, 2:24 pm This is amazing parenting ...

Firm, but nurturing, good mommy. If peope pay attention they should be like that with their brats.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

Mel Gibson

Cute Animal Thread

Blue Frost wrote: March 27th, 2019, 5:13 pm :laugh: That can get annoying fast.
I am quite surprised that they did that with people nearby...

I live where Lynx live, but they are so very rare to see, as they simply avoid any human interaction literally 100% of the time. They will disappear deep into the forest long before you walk or drive to where they were.

I have only seen a Lynx in the wild twice, and the last time was a few years back bouncing down a logging road in my Ranger... Rounded a corner fast, and only made eye contact for a split second before it was long gone.

They are elusive. As an example of the rarity of sighting one, I've probably seen 200 bears in the wild, compared to the two Lynx I've seen. So, a ratio of 100:1 chance of even seeing one compared to seeing the other...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

At my grandmothers when I was a kid, we had bobcats, or wildcats they did a lot of that also, and sounded terrifying at night.
Some sounded like a baby crying also, made you want to go find it, but with rattlers, and other things out there if you went out in the night you may get bit by something.
Some wild hogs was out there also, likely could mess you up.
Mel Gibson

Cute Animal Thread

Bobcats are very similar, and we have those here too where I live... The Lynx is better suited for cold and snowy conditions though, so I believe that's why it essentially dominates in most areas here...

Generally speaking, wild hogs aren't really seen here, and I will assume it's too cold in the Winter for them to survive and prosper, but there is word that some have in fact migrated to certain parts of Canada, especially in the Prairies. They may not like the -30 degree temps there though, in the Winter! :laugh:

We are fairly lucky here, in that there are very few animals capable of seriously harming humans... It's too cold for weird insects, water too cold for sharks, too cold for Crocs or Gators...

Bears are really the only true threat, and they are around... in numbers. Blacks aren't usually aggressive, but you don't have to wander too far here where I live to get into Brown/Grizz country... That's where it may not be a bad idea to have some plan for offense/defense should a 'situation' arise!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

We don't have much here like those, some wild cats up in the hills, and we do have wild dogs in the woods, and hills.
i thought I was going to have to kill some dogs out one day when hiking around.
it would have bothered me a lot, but I'm not anythings dinner like that.

My guess you might have some Greenland sharks, or a type of shark like them in the deep waters. They like cold, and ancient sharks.
Mel Gibson

Cute Animal Thread

Blue Frost wrote: May 11th, 2019, 10:09 am My guess you might have some Greenland sharks, or a type of shark like them in the deep waters. They like cold, and ancient sharks.
I had to Google them! Apparently these exist on the East Coast here, and here on the West Coast we have their relative, the Pacific Sleeper Shark! :o

They seem to like chilling on the ocean floor though, and as such there has been no known attacks on humans, which is a good thing since these are some of the largest sharks known to man at up to 24 feet long! They also happen to be the oldest living vertebrates, with a lifespan of between 300-500 years! :o

Let's hope they stay on the bottom where they belong! As long as they do, you can still swim and surf here without the risk of losing your arms and legs! :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

We had a few come up last year, and I think attack some boats, they are slow sharks so no big thing, but big, and scary.
They are about as prehistoric as you get for sharks.
Mel Gibson

Cute Animal Thread

They are so elusive that scientists don't even know how one would react around a human...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

My guess they would eat you, they have acted violently to boats.
They are slow, but like most sharks they have a burst of speed.
the few shows I have seen on them they don't tell much like you mentioned about scientist not knowing, they just say ancient shark, and lives in the cold Atlantic.
They did show them being aggressive though.
Mel Gibson

Cute Animal Thread

Apparently they don't like the light, and generally will not come close to the surface in the daytime for that reason...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread

The ones that attacked the boats it was a rainy day, and they said something ran them up to the top, maybe methane hydrate breaking loose on the ocean floor.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Cute Animal Thread