Racism

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

As the news blows constantly to one racist remark to another, and ignoring the rappers, and really bad racist like Al Sharpton, and Jessy Jackson.
I was wondering, does anyone think to look at themselves as they belittle someone with a racist remark.
Does anyone say I'm the piece of trash for calling someone a racist term ???

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Racism

I think that racists consider themselves superior to others so they believe they're above criticism.
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

I try not to offend as much as I used to do, but really never did get into the racist stuff.
I can see why some would start to feel racist towards others, I have been in situations where abuse was the norm just because of skin color.
Also this area was known for Klan members.
It's pathetic treating someone bad because color in my opinion, respect people till they don't deserve it no matter what color.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

Sharlee wrote:I think that racists consider themselves superior to others so they believe they're above criticism.
The superiority is nothing but ignorance, and there is nothing superior about ignorance as you know.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

A lot of it is just hate also, and for what ? Why hate someone you don't even know that has done nothing to you, or isn't a threat.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Racism

Try to convince people that they're not superior ... it's impossible! I hear it all the time from just about every group. The whites think they're superior to non-whites, Asians think they're superior to non-Asians, people in Richmond think they're superior to people in Surrey ... it just doesn't end. :(
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

When they talk like that it really makes them all seem so not superior to anything. When I here it I think of how stupid they are for looking down on someone else.
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

Racism

Sharlee wrote:Try to convince people that they're not superior ... it's impossible! I hear it all the time from just about every group. The whites think they're superior to non-whites, Asians think they're superior to non-Asians, people in Richmond think they're superior to people in Surrey ... it just doesn't end. :(
Well, it's a known fact that people in Burnaby are superior to everyone. :thumbsup:
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

:spit: someone has to be, right Ryanissimo
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

I think those who think they are superior is really lacking, and maybe self conscious.
Shen Li

Racism

Blue Frost wrote:As the news blows constantly to one racist remark to another, and ignoring the rappers, and really bad racist like Al Sharpton, and Jessy Jackson.
I was wondering, does anyone think to look at themselves as they belittle someone with a racist remark.
Does anyone say I'm the piece of trash for calling someone a racist term ???
As a person of colour I analyze racism differently than the majority does. Racist and sexist remarks can sting a little, but at the end of the day it has little effect on me.

The most odious form of racism is the racism of lowered expectations. Affirmative action hiring policies are insulting. It's like saying you are innately stupid and you need my help. I am quite capable of doing anything the majority can and without their "help".
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

Affirmative action is one of the biggest shames in history. It took well qualified people, and tossed them out of good jobs, and created reverse racism.
I'm a victim of it myself for a few Jobs, it's an injustice.

I was seeing the Paula Deen stuff again this morning, and I think shes just a victim of her own stupidity.
She grew up in a time, and place that made the actions a social behavior, it's nothing personal to many I believe.
Not taking up for her actions, shes a grown woman, and in the spot lite of course.
It's a shame people is stuck in that mindset, it's nothing but ignorance, and distaste like using curse words in place of proper sentences.
The thing is it's insulting to many of one group, or another.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Racism

Mike Tyson called us "H******" in public...

Imagine if a whiteman called blacks "N******" in public.

Blackmans word means nothing.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Racism

The word cencorship got me.

I used the "N-word".
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

Odinson wrote:Mike Tyson called us "H******" in public...

Imagine if a whiteman called blacks "#@&*" in public.

Blackmans word means nothing.
I think it's sick that there is that double standard, and even more that the media, and society as a whole lets them get away with it.
The words don't hurt me at all unless pointed at people I love, then I get really annoyed.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

Odinson wrote:The word cencorship got me.

I used the "N-word".
:teehe: Sorry for that, a few words are censored here, H word now also.
If the majority wants them back take a vote :)
Shen Li

Racism

Blue Frost wrote:

I used the "N-word".
What is the H word?
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Racism

Blue Frost wrote:

I used the "N-word".
Ban "cracker" and "krakka" also while you are at it.
The latter is the most commonly used variation.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Racism

Shen Li wrote:
Blue Frost wrote:

I used the "N-word".
What is the H word?
"H*****". I do not know what it means.

Monkey... Just replace M with an H.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Racism

LOL, not sure about that one, but now I want a pack of Saltines .