News

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Yeah ! nothing wrong with Islamist.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Should have been sooner, and in a real prison.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

News

Robin Gibb was incredibly thin at the end, wasn't he. :(

That Twitter story ... I just have to shake my head at these countries that are so determined to prevent their people from being exposed to new ideas. :kez:
Wag more, bark less.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

News

May 20th marks 'National Pick Strawberries Day' in the U.S.

Strawberries aren't in season in Canada yet -- but over in the U.S., farmers and foodies alike are celebrating National Pick Strawberries Day.

Warm temperatures across a large portion of the U.S. have prompted crowds to get outside and indulge in the tasty fruit.
While some varities of strawberries produce early in the season, the fruit typically comes into season in Canada during the months of June and July.

Strawberry stats
Strawberries are high in Vitamin C, fiber, folic acid and potassium
The average strawberry contains about 200 seeds
Recent studies have found that strawberries can help decrease the risk of Type 2 diabetes
There are more than 600 different varieties of strawberries
In the early 19th century, strawberries were a pricey treat that were only enjoyed by the wealthy
Some studies suggest that a regular intake of strawberries can improve cognitive function
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

My aunt usually goes, and picks some to make preserves with, guess who gets some :cheer:
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

News

I love strawberries! Someone on here (maybe Ryanissimo) said he eats them every day. Nice when something you love is so good for you!
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

When I was in my car today I heard mention of a new way to control your computer just by hand movement in the air.
It's suppose to be on sale, and works by IR that tracks your movements.
Anyone see any info on that ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Found it :)
[youtube][/youtube]

Video: Leap Motion showcases $70 motion control tech
Posted on May 21, 2012 - 12:01 by Shane McGlaun
Tweet
Email

Motion control technology has become quite popular over the past few years, with the Nintendo Wii widely credited as the console responsible for bringing the platform to the masses.

Wireless motion control was ultimately adopted by a number of gaming companies such as Microsoft, which debuted the Kinect for the wildly popular Xbox 360 and Windows PCs.

And now a company known as Leap Motion has created a new device that it calls the Leap, which is supposedl 200 times more accurate than existing technology. The Leap device is about the size of a pack of gum and connects to a computer via USB.

Once connected, Leap creates a virtual workspace that is approximately 4 cubic feet in size. Within the workspace, Leap is capable of tracking ten fingers simultaneously to within 1/100 of the millimeter. This extreme level of accuracy allows for gesture controls such as pinch to zoom and other complex actions like manipulating 3-D rendered object. Frankly, it seems eerily reminiscent of the Minority Report computer system.

As expected, the software that allows the device to function can be embedded inside any device with an onboard computer, including mobile phones, tablets and even kitchen appliances. The software can also be easily customized with specific gestures, combinations and various sensitivity settings - while the daisy chaining of Multiple Leap devices is supported to create a larger workspace. As cool as the technology behind the device is, one of the most notable features is the price, which will only set you back a cool $69.99.
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

News

Blue Frost wrote:When I was in my car today I heard mention of a new way to control your computer just by hand movement in the air.
It's suppose to be on sale, and works by IR that tracks your movements.
Anyone see any info on that ?
No, not me.

But I did learn how good the AK47 is, and how easy it is to take apart.

The M 16 seems to jamb a lot easier, and needs constant cleaning.

There is a song that says "we have a gentler and kinder machine gun in hand ..."

I think it called "rock on in the free world"
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

I have both, and the AR is a vastly superior weapon, and I have never had a jam.
I have shot probably 5000-10000 rounds through one before a good cleaning.

The AK is pretty good for a combat gun I guess, but not as rounded as the AR. The AK is more of a spray gun, where as the AR is a precision instrument.
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

News

Blue Frost wrote:I have both, and the AR is a vastly superior weapon, and I have never had a jam.
I have shot probably 5000-10000 rounds through one before a good cleaning.

The AK is pretty good for a combat gun I guess, but not as rounded as the AR. The AK is more of a spray gun, where as the AR is a precision instrument.

Yes, that was mentioned also.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

I really enjoy my AK don't get me wrong, but in a battle give me the AR anytime.
The reputation for the jamming was from when they first came out, and a few people in the Army wanted the to fail.
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

News

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :woot:

Man survives 50-metre plunge over Niagara Falls

NIAGARA FALLS, Ont.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Winner of the Darwin award even though he lived :kez:
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

News

World's tallest tower, the Tokyo Skytree, opens

TOKYO
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Huge tower wow.
Oh my look at the 50s style buildings in the foreground, for their age they look pretty solid.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

News

VD nominated for 6 choice awards.

The first wave of nominations has been announced for this year's Teen Choice Awards and leading the way with six is the CW hit
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

I enjoy it so what else matters :cool2;
You always wonder who is going to die next, it's about as bad as the walking dead on that. :spit:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

News

Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

News

That's kind of cool. :)
Wag more, bark less.