The Canadian vs USA War Of 1812

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: The Canadian vs USA War Of 1812

We all don't Gary, even so so called educated in the subject doesn't.
The parts where the revolutionist went to Canada is left out most the time, or only a footnote, which is a shame.
I think most Canadians see it as an attack now on them, it wasn't, it was to ask for them to join the cause, but went wrong.
It really wasn't about Waring with them, if was against the British.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am talking about the war of 1812 not the Revolutionary war. Madison had been urges by the hawks in the military start this war but Britain had armed the native tribes and influenced them to raid American towns and slaughter American families living close to the frontier and was raiding American ships to take sailors for it's large navy.The USA only had a population of 7 million at that time and the sun always shone on the British Empire then.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well that one was still against the British, not Canadians as much as people would think till they got involved against us.
No matter though, The British didn't put a real effort into it in either war since all it was was just a part of a larger World war.
All we where to them was a nuisance at the time on a bigger stage.
Also I believe they gave us since the Federal Reserve, Bank of England, and others owned a lot of our leaders at the time anyhow.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character