Obituaries R.I.P. :-(

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This weekend Acclaimed horror writer-director Wes Craven has died from brain cancer. He was 76.

[video][/video]

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Dean Jones Dead! "Star Of 'The Love Bug'" Dies at 84!

Dean Jones, the affable actor best known for leading roles in several Disney films of the 1960s and ’70s including The Love Bug and That Darn Cat! — as well as creating one of Stephen Sondheim’s iconic leading roles on Broadway in Company — died Tuesday from complications related to Parkinson’s disease. He was 84.

Born on January 23, 1931, in Decatur, AL, Jones began acting after a stint in the Navy during the Korean War. He already was a veteran presence on TV and in films when he was cast opposite Hayley Mills as an allergic FBI agent assigned to tail a feline in Disney’s 1965 comedy That Darn Cat! That began a long relationship with the studio that including starring roles in such films as The Ugly Dachshund (1966), Monkeys, Go Home! with Maurice Chevalier (1967), Blackbeard’s Ghost opposite Peter Ustinov (1968) and as a race car driver who works with a VW Beetle that has a mind of its own in The Love Bug. Jones would reprise that role for a 1977 sequel — the only one of several theatrical Herbie pics in which he appeared — and a short-lived 1982 TV series.

During that era he also starred with Jane Fonda and Jason Robards in Any Wednesday (1966).

Jones and Disney continued to make movies together into the 1970s, when he toplined The Million Dollar Duck, Snowball Express (1972) and The Shaggy D.A. (1976) along with Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo (1977).

Jones worked steadily throughout the 1950s and made his Broadway debut in 1960 opposite Jane Fonda in the brief run of There Was A Little Girl. Later that year, he starred on the Main Stem in Under The Yum Yum Tree, which ran for six months, and reprised his role for the 1963 feature. He also played the title role in the military comedy Ensign O’Toole, which aired for a season on NBC and briefly was revived at ABC. The latter run in 1964 served as the lead-in to Disney’s The Wonderful World Of Color, which led to the company developing an interest in Jones and ultimately signing him.

Earlier in his career, Jones appeared in such features as Tea And Sympathy, with Elvis Presley in Jailhouse Rock (1957), Handle With Care (1958) and Never So Few (1960). His TV credits in that era include Bonanza, Wagon Train and Ben Casey. He later would topline the 1971 sitcom The Chicago Teddy Bears. Among his most famous post-Disney film roles was as the duplicitous veterinarian in the 1992 feature Beethoven. He also played a different voice role in the 1994 spinoff TV series.

[video][/video]
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Depressing thread. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:blush: I know.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

She died in her sleep at a ripe old age, i guess she did pretty good :rose:
I enjoyed her playing in the John Wayne movies, and some of the others.

[video][/video]
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Oh noo, not more gone, I know them both. :( I just found out the other day that a Blackfoot actress that I've seen in a few films died aged 32, Misty Upham. What a shame, her death looks very suspicious from what I've read. She died last October.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

32 :( sad, and if murdered even more sad.
You never know do you, anything can happen to us, and all we know, and have is gone. :(
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:( What a shame, lost a fight so many are fighting. Died 69 years of Cancer :(

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Eagles' Glenn Frey dead at 67
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/01 ... .html?_r=0
NEW YORK — Glenn Frey, who co-founded the Eagles and with Don Henley became one of history's most successful songwriting teams with such hits as "Hotel California" and "Life in the Fast Lane," has died.

Frey, who was 67, died of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia, the band said on its website. He died on Monday in New York. He had fought the ailments for the past several weeks, the band said.

"The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery," a statement on the band's website said. "Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide."

Guitarist Frey and drummer Henley formed the Eagles in Los Angeles in the early 1970s, along with guitarist Bernie Leadon and bassist Randy Meisner. They would become a top act over the next decade, embodying the melodic California sound.

An Eagles greatest hits collection from the mid-1970s and "Hotel California" are among the best-selling albums in history.

Frey was born in Detroit and was raised in its suburbs. His solo hits include "The Heat Is On" and "Smuggler's Blues."

Frey was lead vocalist on the Eagles' breakthrough hit, "Take It Easy," a song mostly written by Jackson Browne that came out in 1972. His other showcases included "Peaceful Easy Feeling," ''Already Gone" and "New Kid in Town."

The Eagles split up in 1980 but reunited in 1994 and were one of the world's most popular concert acts. The band, which for years was made up of Frey, Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, was supposed to have been honored at the Kennedy Center last month. But the appearance was postponed because of Frey's health problems.

Frey, known for his oversized jaw, big grin and blunt personality, loved music, girls and the rock 'n' roll life. He would meet up with Henley, Meisner and Leadon while all were trying to catch on in the Los Angeles music scene, and for a time the four backed Linda Ronstadt. They also befriended such other Los Angeles-based musicians as Browne and J.D. Souther, who would collaborate on "New Kid in Town" and other Eagles songs.

They harmonized memorably on stage and on record but fought often otherwise. Leadon and Meisner departed after run-ins with Frey, and guitarist Don Felder, who had joined the group in 1974, ended up in legal action with the Eagles.

Frey and Henley also became estranged for years, their breach a key reason the band stayed apart in the 1980s. Henley had vowed the Eagles would reunite only when "hell freezes over," which became the name of the 1994 album they never imagined making.

Despite the occasional discord, Henley said Frey was like a brother to him.

"We were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved," Henley said in a statement. "Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn't quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven.
Ryanissimo
"Piano Man"
"Piano Man"

It's a pretty bad start to 2016 for the famous.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah, and others also, a family friend was buried here today. His name was Charlie Bruce, and only 58 I believe.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Abe Vigoda Dies At 94 -- The Last Time We Saw Him

Abe Vigoda, beloved character actor, has died at age 94
Character actor Abe Vigoda, whose expressive, world-weary face made him ideal for playing over-the-hill detective Phil Fish in the 1970s TV series "Barney Miller" and the doomed Mafia soldier in "The Godfather," died Tuesday at age 94. Vigoda was a beloved friend of TODAY and we joked with him, was an age-progressed doppelganger for TODAY's Matt Lauer.

[video][/video]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

She felt like she was left behind, most her friends dead, and she went to a lot of funerals her last years. :(

[video][/video]
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

I like the idea of "A celebration of life" for those who pass on.

But I wish people would say all the "pleasantry" things on a daily basis, while people are still alive, rather than wait for them to pass on.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A wake was suppose to be a farewell party, but got depressing real fast.
It should be a happy event for some, their suffering over with, they end a bad fight.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

46 :(
[video][/video]
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Maybe I will be mentioned here someday. :laugh: :laugh:
Question is, who would know, to post it here?. :blush: :blush:
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hope someone does tell us, and let us know, I so worry about everyone that just vanishes without a word.
I told someone to let people know here if i go, I thought last year was going to be it for me.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[video][/video]