Modern Western Food

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Modern Western Food

I quit drinking them back in 82, or 83. Drinking them was part of why an aunt of mine died, and I was drinking maybe 16 bottles a day of the 16 oz ones.
The sugar alone is bad, but then you have caramel coloring, and corn syrup. Corn syrup is not natural for human consumption even if from delicious corn.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Why I Don't Drink Soda Pop

This is exactly why I haven't drank a soda in decades.

What One Can of Coke Does to Your Body in Only One Hour

July 29, 2015
What One Can of Coke Does to Your Body in Only One Hour
It
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I started a thread on soda yesterday Gary, same stuff. http://www.bluefrost.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1773 :link:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

have just read a very fascinating book The Edge Effect and now this very interesting video about mineral deficiency is far more interesting now.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Don't eat stuff like Cornela oil, corn syrup, bromine in bread, fluoride, soy unless fermented.
The things I mentioned takes minerals from your body, and mimics minerals you need that mess you up in the long term.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Canola oil actually is toxic in your system, inflames your arteries which in turn your body will create more cholesterol to try to coat the arteries for protection.
See cholesterol isn't bad you need it for many things it creates. Doctors will give you a pill for the cholesterol issue, and cause more issue when they should be looking for the issue.
Sometimes all you need is sun therapy, sometimes diet change, drop the canola.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

What oil do you use at home blue? If you eat out you'll consume canola oil.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I use coconut oil, and olive oil.
I do get bad oil when eating out, and worse sometimes for whats in the food, but I try to limit that.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have viewed soda drinks as poison for over two decades now. I cringe at the thought of drinking them. Apparently I was right.

This Poison Destroys Your Bones Yet is Consumed Daily by Many

http://www.realfarmacy.com/poison-destr ... ume-daily/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here is yet another reason not to ever drink Coke again.

Coke Has a pH Rating One Point Higher Than Battery Acid! Here Are 9 Industrial Uses For Coke

http://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/coke-ha ... -for-coke/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice videos on it Gary, seen them before :)
I'm glad i quit the stuff many years ago.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have been avoiding sugar for over twenty years now.

Bitter truth: Sugar may be as harmful as stress – study

'The worst calories': Sugar even more harmful than it seems, study finds

A group of researchers from Australia and India released a study suggesting that sugar consumption may cause not only diabetes and obesity, but also brain defects comparable to those caused by stress or abuse.

The study published in the Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience journal focused on whether and how the diet may influence the brain compared to to stress and other psychological loads during infancy.

The scientists paid special attention to the hippocampus, a brain region responsible for long-term memories, stress regulation and behavioral patterns.

The tests involved female Sprague-Dawley rats (“as females are more likely to experience adverse life events,” the scientists explained) from one litter with half of them being exposed to artificial stressful conditions such as limited nest material for the first days of their life. The other half lived normal rat lives free from stress and anxiety.

During the next stage there were four groups of rodents: a no-stress group drinking water, a no-stress group drinking sugar solution, a stress group drinking water and a stress group drinking sugar solution.

The experiment took 15 weeks and ended with a check of the rats’ brains. The autopsy showed similar anomalies in the hippocampus regions both in the rats that were stressed but drank water and the non-stressed rats that drank sugar. The receptor hindering the stress hormone cortisol was found impaired which means coping with stress for those rats wouldn’t be that easy.

“The novelty of this study lies in the finding that chronic consumption of sugar produced equivalent hippocampal molecular deficits as early life stress exposure,” the study said.

Both sugar and stress also messed with a gene, called Neurod1 that is accountable for the growth of nerves. Other similar genes were affected only by sugar, the study noted.

However, it’s still not clear whether similar processes take place in human bodies as well, and so further research is required, the scientists said.

The results raise a major issue since the diet of an average modern human often includes sugary soft drinks.

“If similar processes are at play in humans, manipulating the later environment of those exposed to early life adversity, and controlling the consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages across the community may be an effective way to curtail the burden of psychiatric disorders,” the study explained.

https://www.rt.com/news/332662-sugar-st ... ety-study/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Most processed sugars are bad on you, including sugars in bread, and other products. Raw sugar is not as bad, and likely not bad at all in small amounts.
Soft drinks usually have corn syrup, or other artificial sweeteners, no wonder people are fat, and have issues a lot. Concentrated corn products, or anything will likely be bad, and we are not made to process it .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I keep hearing about how it's the preservatives in meants that make meats with preservatives highly cancer causing. Well I will never be eating another burger at Mcdonalds. Look at this video ! Is this not toxic ? If microbes and fungus's can't eat this then how edible is it then ?

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to strip cars down in the 80s, a few in the 70s, and found fries that looked good enough to eat from cars made in the 50s, and 60s.
The starch in them helps, and being they are fried to kill everything in them.
The burgers now have a lot of wood pulp in them, or as they call it plant fiber.
i wouldn't eat anything McDonalds.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have avoided sugar for a long time so this won't change my diet much but I believe that it is good to know the maladies that come with eating sugar.

The Sugar Conspiracy

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 ... ohn-yudkin
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I read yesterday about the fake sugar causing brain damage, Ill take the real thing over it any day, but I want real cane sugar without all the processing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Modern Western Food

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I swore off of ever eating Mcdonalds again after watching that video of a hamburger day by day and after some mmonths it was still looking basically the same meaning I believe that even microbes, molds etc... won't eat it so it can't be that good for anybody or anything. However this puts another big nail in the my eating their crap coffin. The video of the burglar making himself a burger there proves he's no Einstein. I suspect he may eat a bit better in prison.

That’s Hard To Swallow - Human And Rat DNA Found in Burgers

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/thats-hard-to ... 29586.html