Homeopathic Remedies

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Homeopathic Remedies

I do believe that it is good to have these natural remedies handy on this thread and forum if one ever needs to find them quick on the web. I keep Manuka honey around at all times and have used Colloidal silver a number of times as an old timer friend does regularly.

http://www.realfarmacy.com/natural-antibiotics/

12 Natural Antibiotics That Our Ancestors Used Instead of Pills

Over the last several decades, over-use of antibiotics has reached an all-time high. The result has been drug-resistant bacteria and “superbugs” that evolve faster than scientists can figure out how to fight them. A future where bacteria are at the top of the food chain is not unheard of.

Long before there were pharmaceutical antibiotics – developed in the 1940s, there were foods and herbs that helped guard against infection and disease on a daily basis. Many of these natural defenders are still in use today with holistic healers around the globe.

Our ancestors also had a solution for healing, using antibiotics from nature and it would be good to remind ourselves who these antibiotics are and possibly think about using them in case of an illness.

Natural Antibiotics That Our Ancestors Used Instead of Pills

Oregano and the oil of oregano
You’ve probably used oregano as a flavoring in your favorite Italian dishes without even realizing the health benefits that it contains. Beyond its antibacterial properties, oregano can help with digestion and aid in weight loss. An oil that is found in oregano, Carvacrol, has been found to fight the bacteria that can lead to infections. The oil of oregano has been found to treat digestive infections, and even one particular yeast infection. It is more than just a food flavoring.

Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
The far-reaching benefits of daily doses of apple cider vinegar (ACV) include antibiotic and antiseptic properties, naturally alkalizing your system, and can aid you in everything from managing your weight to lowering cholesterol and your risk of cancer.

A chemical-free astringent, ACV can be used topically to disinfect and sterilize.

Honey
Ancient Romans used honey on the battlefield to treat wounds and prevent infection.

Civilizations all over the world continue to consider honey one of the best natural antibiotics, antimicrobials, anti-inflammatories, and antiseptics known to man after thousands of years.

New Zealand’s Manuka honey has been proven to have the highest levels of antioxidants and curative powers.

An enzyme found in honey releases hydrogen peroxide. This process helps your body fight infection and prevents the growth of bacteria. Soothing to the digestive system, honey
removes toxins from the blood and helps your liver operate more efficiently.

A great boost to the immune system, consider combining honey with cinnamon to strengthen your white blood cells! Raw, organic honey is the best option since most pasteurization methods kills the antioxidant effects.

Turmeric
This spice isn’t just rich in color and flavor, but it also products your body against harm. Turmeric and be both consumed and applied externally, making it a great choice for fighting against bacteria. For extra benefit, from combining two bacteria fighting substances, you can mix turmeric with honey and create a paste to apply to infected areas on your skin.

You can protect your body against infections and bacteria based sicknesses by taking advantage of these safe and natural remedies that are available in the average kitchen. Protect your body without the use of prescription drugs by using honey, oregano, garlic, echinacea, and turmeric.

Garlic
Flavorful and wonderful on a piece of butter toast, this plant also has very powerful qualities to it. Garlic can fight such simple infections as the common cold, pushing the germs away before they have a change to disrupt your life. Using the allicin that it contains, garlic protects against yeast, parasites, bacteria, and more. If you are looking for a simple way to live healthier, add more garlic to your diet.

Grapefruit Seed Extract
The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine published a study that found grapefruit seed extract (GSE) effective against more than 800 forms of viruses and bacteria, more than a hundred strains of fungus, and many parasites.

High in many antioxidants, GSE boosts immunity, alkalizes the body naturally, and aids in digestion by improving your beneficial gut flora.

Echinacea
So, you might not have as much experience with this product, but it is a safe herb that is found in many kitchens. The consumption of this herb has been proven to reduce the amount of colds that a person deals with in their life, and shorten the colds that the person does have to face. This herb is a great choice when taken as a preventative measure.

Cabbage
There are sulfur compounds found in cabbage – a member of the cruciferous family that includes broccoli and kale – that have been shown effective as cancer fighters.

What many people don’t realize is how much vitamin C is found in cabbage. One cup provides 75% of what you need every day.

Naturally antibacterial, eating shredded raw cabbage in your salad, as a side dish in the form of slaw, or drinking fresh cabbage juice (with honey added to sweeten) is an excellent way to improve digestion, prevent disease, and even manage your weight!

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
There is not enough that can be said for the benefits of coconut oil. It has naturally occurring anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties and is packed with antioxidants you can’t find anywhere else in nature.

Use it to boost your immune system, balance thyroid, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels, and even improve brain function. Safe to use internally and externally, coconut oil is one of the most versatile and unique gifts from Mother Nature.

Stir a spoonful into your morning coffee for added energy and a clearer head all day.

Fermented food
Unpasteurized cabbage, homemade pickles, kefir and probiotic yogurts, all of these renew our intestinal flora, protects us from cancer and keeps our body fit to fight off infections.

Colloidal Silver
A natural antibiotic, colloidal silver is a mixture of silver particles suspended in fluid that have been used for centuries.

This treatment is temporary since too much silver – a heavy metal – can be toxic. However, it disables the enzyme that single-cell bacteria require to multiply. Deprived of their oxygen supply, the bacteria and viruses are destroyed without damage to you.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ferminted foods are good for people at any time, it helps build gut bacteria that also builds your bodies fighting ability against things.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Homeopathic Remedies

References

Mark A Reger, Samuel T Henderson, Cathy Hale, Brenna Cholerton, Laura D Baker, G S Watson, Karen Hyde, Darla Chapman, Suzanne Craft . Effects of beta-hydroxybutyrate on cognition in memory-impaired adults. Neurobiol Aging. 2004 Mar;25(3):311-4. PMID: 15123336

[ii] Ian F Burgess, Elizabeth R Brunton, Nazma A Burgess . Clinical trial showing superiority of a coconut and anise spray over permethrin 0.43% lotion for head louse infestation, ISRCTN96469780. Eur J Pediatr. 2010 Jan ;169(1):55-62. Epub 2009 Apr 3. PMID: 19343362

[iii] K G Nevin, T Rajamohan . Effect of topical application of virgin coconut oil on skin components and antioxidant status during dermal wound healing in young rats. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2010 ;23(6):290-7. Epub 2010 Jun 3. PMID: 20523108

[iv] Pallavi Srivastava, S Durgaprasad. Burn wound healing property of Cocos nucifera: An appraisal. Indian J Pharmacol. 2008 Aug;40(4):144-6. PMID: 20040946

[v] S Intahphuak, P Khonsung, A Panthong. Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities of virgin coconut oil. Pharm Biol. 2010 Feb;48(2):151-7. PMID: 20645831

[vi] R O Nneli, O A Woyike. Antiulcerogenic effects of coconut (Cocos nucifera) extract in rats. Phytother Res. 2008 Jul;22(7):970-2. PMID: 18521965

[vii] D O Ogbolu, A A Oni, O A Daini, A P Oloko. In vitro antimicrobial properties of coconut oil on Candida species in Ibadan, Nigeria. J Med Food. 2007 Jun;10(2):384-7. PMID: 17651080

[viii] Graciela E Hurtado de Catalfo, María J T de Alaniz, Carlos A Marra. Dietary lipids modify redox homeostasis and steroidogenic status in rat testis. Phytother Res. 2010 Feb;24(2):163-8. PMID: 18549927

[ix] María de Lourdes Arruzazabala, Vivian Molina, Rosa Más, Daisy Carbajal, David Marrero, Víctor González, Eduardo Rodríguez. Effects of coconut oil on testosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia in Sprague-Dawley rats. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2007 Jul;59(7):995-9. PMID: 17637195

[x] Lauren E Conlon, Ryan D King, Nancy E Moran, John W Erdman. Coconut Oil Enhances Tomato Carotenoid Tissue Accumulation Compared to Safflower Oil in the Mongolian Gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Aug 7. Epub 2012 Aug 7. PMID: 22866697

[xi] Mouna Abdelrahman Abujazia, Norliza Muhammad, Ahmad Nazrun Shuid, Ima Nirwana Soelaiman. The Effects of Virgin Coconut Oil on Bone Oxidative Status in Ovariectomised Rat. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012 ;2012:525079. Epub 2012 Aug 15. PMID: 22927879

Article Contributed by Sayer Ji, Founder of GreenMedInfo.com

Sayer Ji is an author, researcher, lecturer, and advisory board member of the National Health Federation. He founded Greenmedinfo.com in 2008 in order to provide the world an open access, evidence-based resource supporting natural and integrative modalities. It is internationally recognized as the largest and most widely referenced health resource of its kind.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I posted just part of this article. If this does work then it is interesting that this isn't known now when it was used in Europe successfully during the many centuries when plagues were slaughtering so many people due to the filthy habits of Europeans in those eras. With the rise of superbugs we need to find something that works.

This is The Most Powerful Natural Antibiotic Ever – Kills Any Infections in The Body

http://www.riseearth.com/2015/01/this-i ... tural.html

Master tonic – Recipe

You may want to wear gloves during the preparation, especially when handling hot peppers, because it is difficult to get the tingling off your hands! Be careful, its smell is very strong, and it may stimulate the sinuses instantly.

Ingredients:
•24 oz /700 ml apple cider vinegar (always use organic)
•¼ cup finely chopped garlic
•¼ cup finely chopped onion
•2 fresh peppers, the hottest you can find (be careful with the cleaning – wear gloves!!!)
•¼ cup grated ginger
•2 tbsp grated horseradish
•2 tbsp turmeric powder or 2 pieces of turmeric root

Preparation:
1.Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the vinegar.
2.Transfer the mixture to a Mason jar.
3.Pour in some apple cider vinegar and fill it to the top. It is best if 2/3 of the jar consist of dry ingredients, and fill in the rest with vinegar.
4.Close well and shake.
5.Keep the jar in a cool and dry place for 2 weeks. Shake well several times a day.
6.After 14 days, squeeze well and strain the liquid through a plastic strain. For better results put a gauze over it. Squeeze well so the whole juice comes out.
7.Use the rest of the dry mixture when cooking.

Your master tonic is ready for use. You do not need to keep the tonic in your fridge. It will last for long.

Extra Tip: You can also use it in the kitchen – mix it with some olive oil and use it as a salad dressing or in your stews.

Dosing:
1.Caution: The flavor is very strong and hot!
2.Extra Tip: Eat a slice of orange, lemon or lime after you take the tonic to ease the burning sensation and heat.
3.Gargle and swallow.
4.Do not dilute it in water as it will reduce the effect.
5.Take 1 tablespoon every day to strengthen the immune system and fight cold.
6.Increase the amount every day until you reach a dose of 1 small glass per day (the size of a liquor glass).
7.If you struggle against more serious disease or infection, take 1 tablespoon of the tonic 5-6 times a day.
8.It is safe for pregnant women and children (use small doses!) because the ingredients are all-natural and contain no toxins.

Health benefits

Garlic is a strong antibiotic with a wide range of health benefits. Unlike chemical antibiotics that kill millions of friendly bacteria your body needs, its only goal is bacteria and microorganisms. Garlic also encourages and increases the level of healthy bacteria. It is a powerful antifungal agent and destroys any antigen, pathogen, and harmful disease-causing microorganisms.

Onion is garlic’s closest relative ​​and it has a similar but milder action. Together they create a strong fighting duo.

Horseradish is a powerful herb, efficient for sinuses and lungs. It opens sinus channels and increases circulation, where common colds and flu usually begin, as most doctors would agree.

Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and it is a strong circulation stimulant.

Chili peppers are the most powerful circulation stimulators. They just send their antibiotic properties to fight the disease where it is mostly needed.

Turmeric is the most perfect spice, cleanses infections and reduces inflammation. Blocks the development of cancer, and prevents dementia. It is especially useful for those who struggle with joint pain.

Apple cider vinegar – there must be something very healthy in the use of apple cider vinegar as the father of medicine, Hippocrates, used vinegar around 400 BC because of its healthy properties. It is said that he used only two remedies: honey and apple cider vinegar.

Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh and ripe apples which are later fermented and go through rigorous process to give the final product. Apple cider vinegar contains pectin, a fiber that reduces bad cholesterol and regulates blood pressure.

Health experts agree that people need more calcium as they get old. Vinegar helps the extraction of calcium from foods it is mixed with, which helps in the process of maintaining bone strength. Potassium deficiency causes a variety of problems including hair loss, brittle nails and teeth, sinusitis, and runny nose.

Apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium. Studies have shown that potassium deficiency results in slow growth. All of these problems can be avoided if you use apple cider vinegar regularly. Potassium also removes toxic wastes from the body.

Beta-carotene prevents damage caused by free radicals, maintains skin firm and young. Apple cider vinegar is good for those who want to lose weight.

It breaks up fat which supports a natural weight loss process. Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid, efficient in the fight against fungal and bacterial infections. This acid dissolves uric acid deposits that form around the joints, and thus alleviates joint pain. Dissolved uric acid is later eliminated from the body.

It is believed that apple cider vinegar is useful in treating conditions like constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, and many other health problems.

The master tonic is the best combination to fight each of these conditions. Protect your health using natural antibiotics!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have seen another almost like that, but it had honey in it, and no horse radish, and turmeric.
My guess is they are the same thing except people didn't have those ingredients, and substitutes back, and forth.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Homeopathic Remedies

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have posted on Himalayan salt before but this article has really sold me on it and I intend to pick some up. If I am going to eat salt it should be the good stuff.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Something about it, no iodine, and we need it bad in the western world.
I eat Himalayan salt, it has a nice flavor, course ground.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Homeopathic Remedies

I'm skeptical of some of this, but agree that keeping a good ph you can keep cancer down.
What we eat in the western world is really acidic in our system, gotta change that to a good balance.

Medical Breakthrough: Any Type of Cancer Can be Cured in Just 2-6 Weeks
Cancer, Healthcare, Recent Articles
6:00 AM http://humansarefree.com/2015/12/medica ... ancer.html

Dr. Leonard Coldwell claims that any type of cancer can be cured in just 2 to 6 weeks. Make sure you take a look at the video bellow this article. You will be surprised when you see it.

Yes, that’s true, cancer can be cured. I hope you’ll be amazed as I was when I watched the video for the first time.

Cancer is one of the most dangerous and deadly diseases today. A lot of families have lost a family member cause of this deadly disease. My dad died of cancer when I was 17. That was extremely painful experience for me and it had changed my life completely.

The worst thing in your life is to look how the cancer eats your closest family members and friends from the inside and you can’t do anything about it.

When I saw Dr. Coldwell’s video and article I was so happy and amazed, because I don’t want to see people die from this terrible disease and their closest friends and family suffer if they lose one. Cancer can attack anyone.

You can never know who will be its next victim. So make sure you watch this video bellow and start believing that there is hope for all cancer and future cancer patients.

The Cancer Industry is too Prosperous to Allow a Cure for Cancer

You’ve probably heard the term “cancer can be treated with the convention chemotherapy treatments and prescribed medications”. But do you actually believe that these medications can cure cancer? I don’t!

We’ve spent everything we had to pay for my father’s chemotherapy treatments and medications. All these treatments cost a fortune, and didn’t help my dad with his disease.

They even made it worse. In the last few weeks, my dad suffered from agonizing pains, caused by the chemotherapy treatment.

Do you know why the cancer industry still offers the chemotherapy and cancer medications to the cancer patients? It’s all because of money.

Nobody from the medical industry actually cares about the patients. They just care about profit and making money on selling medications that don’t work and treat cancer patients with the conventional chemotherapy methods that are killing more good cells, than the cancer ones.

Have you ever heard about Dr. Leonard Coldwell?

Dr. Coldwell’s family had some serious cancer problems. All seven brothers and sisters, from his mother’s side suffered from carcinoma. His dad and his grandma also died from cancer.

He saw how his closest family members and friends die from this terrible disease and he couldn’t do anything about it. That’s why he dedicated his life in finding an effective cure for cancer.

In his career so far, Dr. Coldwell has seen more than 35,000 patients, around 2.2 million partakers in his workshops who write their life stories and has more than 7 million fans who read his articles and reports.

According to some influential people in the medical industry, Dr. Coldwell has one of the leading roles in curing cancer. His website was blocked by the federal government, because of his success in curing cancer.

Dr. Leonard Coldwell claims that cancer can be cured in most patients, without using the conventional chemotherapy treatments or any contact with radiation. But he is not allowed to tell this to anyone.

Dr. Coldwell says that’s because of the people who make profit from cancer patients and the law doesn’t allow him to do so.

The healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry earn millions and millions of dollars through the cancer industry. This situation makes legislators legislate laws that will kill us.

Or they will make you sick, and the laws that are supposed to protect us will not allow the right treatment for this deadly disease. They will make you sick and make the disease even worse with the poisonous and harsh “medical” treatments.

Dr. Coldwell – The Only Answer to Cancer

Dr. Leonard Coldwell claims that any type of cancer can be cured in 2 to 16 weeks. And there are some types of cancer, if treated with the right treatment can be healed in few minutes. He says that positivity and hopefulness that really helps in the healing process.

First of all, Dr. Coldwell says that we need to eat more vegetables. This type of diet gives the body lots of oxygen. And if we add calcium and other alkalizing foods we will alkalize our bodies. This is very important for all cancer patients because the progress of cancer stop when the body is alkalized.

Other important thing you should know is that our body has to achieve what is called a therapeutic Ph level. pH has 14 levels from 0 to 14. The lower values are the acidic region and the higher values are the alkaline region. The median neutral level is Ph 7.

When the body reaches pH 7 it’s alkaline. A level of 7.36 is very good, but when it comes to treatment, a pH of around 7.5 or higher should be present.

Dr. Coldwell claims that the “intravenous” injection of Vitamin C is very helpful. 100 cc every day, 3 times a week or less will give more than amazing results. Believe it or not, the cancer disappears in a few days after the Vitamin C injection.

Other thing you should do is eliminate hypoxia. Dr. Martin, Dr. Coldwell’s friend offers a great solution for this – an oxygen therapy which involves several steps. In this method, blood is taken out, it’s enriched with pure oxygen and then re-injected into the body 12 times.

When the blood is taken out of the body has a shade black color. But with this therapy, the blood that is re-injected has a shade of beautiful pink, like the blood of newborn baby. It’s completely fresh. This treatment fills the body with energy.

Vitamin C and E – the miracle cures

Dr. Coldwell says that you need to eat foods, which have high amount of Vitamin C, such as: chili peppers, cabbage, broccoli, papaya, strawberries, cauliflower, pineapples, kiwi fruit, oranges and lemons. But, Vitamin C is not the only vitamin that has healing powers.

We can add Vitamin E to this category as well. Vitamin E is extremely helpful with blood pressure. When it’s treated quickly and effectively in any form, Vitamin E has shown that I can produce stunning results.

But, the best source of Vitamin E should be a natural source, and not the artificially produced ones. A study done with artificial produced Vitamin E has shown that it was ineffective.

Remember, chemicals won’t help you with cancer. The nature is the one that brings all these illnesses and the nature again will come to the rescue. We all know that cancer didn’t exist 100 years ago and there are no reasons to exist now. We have caused this serious problem by ourselves.

As we said before, the best and the most effective way to get rid of cancer is to consume fresh organic vegetables and other fresh raw foods.

Drink Water with sea salt

Other important thing, according to Dr. Coldwell is to drink 4 liters of water with ½ teaspoon of sea salt every day – unless you suffer from any type of kidney problem.

If you think that excessive amounts of salt can lead to high blood pressure, Dr. Coldwell says not to worry. He says that even though we thought high amounts of salt is bad, the truth is actually the opposite.

In fact, salt is essential. Lack of salt can create problems in your blood. Dr. Coldwell says that the electrical signal transmit only if the required amount of salt is present in our body.

What kind of salt do you use?

The real problem is with the table salt we all consume. The table salt we all consume contains only a third of actual salt. It contains 1/3 of glass and 1/3 of sand. This can cause some serious problems for our bodies.

The sand and the glass irritate the blood vessels and they start bleeding. Then cholesterol clogs up to protect the blood vessels. Now you will think that high cholesterol can cause high blood pressure, right? But you are wrong again.

This is not true, because you can’t die from excessive cholesterol. But you can have some serious problems if you have deficiency in cholesterol. Some people have had cholesterol as high as 60 and haven’t had any illness in their life.

HDL and LDL are proteins that move cholesterol?

To be honest, I have never heard about this before. We all know that there is good and bad cholesterol, or the so called HDL and LDL cholesterol. But, Dr. Coldwell disagrees and says that it’s not cholesterol. He says that they are proteins that move cholesterol.

Everything we thought we knew about this is completely wrong. But, how the doctors who say these things can be wrong too? For this we have Dr. Neal’s opinion.

Dr. Gray Neal says that according to the statistics the doctors have the shortest life span – they live 56 years, they suffer from alcoholism, drug abuse, as well as has the highest rate of suicides – it is higher only with psychiatrist – and yet we go to ask them how to live longer, happier and healthier life. I believe that you should change your opinion.

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder if any of the big shot CEO's in the big pharma cartels are getting cancer ? I strongly suspect that they have secret cures. I hope what he is saying here is true. I have heard before about this "PH factor".
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ph, and sugar is a big part, also candida which some call cancer that grows from sugars, and an acidic system.
2+2 you know, gotta correct ourselves if we want to help ourselves.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This video is very interesting and I would appreciate it if you would also post this on The Bee Crisis thread as it belongs there as well. As I have mentioned several times I keep manuka honey at home. ... just in case. I remember a science teacher in high school telling the class that the honey in king Tuts tomb was still as edible as when it was put in there however they didn't know how it stayed edible. I appears that some discoveries have been made since then.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That fourth tip avoiding factory farmed meats is interesting. I didn't know factory farmed meats were a bit risky. Superbugs are becoming increasingly common.

Stopping Superbugs in 4 Steps

Have you heard of superbugs? No, they’re not a new horror movie franchise — they’re even more frightening. Superbugs are bacteria that have become resistant to antibiotics, and when treated with the medicines, instead of being wiped out and stopping superbugs, they multiply and thrive.

And these superbugs aren’t just a nuisance — they’re on the cusp of becoming a full-blown public health problem. A recent report warns that if superbugs aren’t stopped in their tracks now, the repercussions are high. These nasty bacteria will be linked to the deaths of 10 million people a year by 2050. That’s one person every three seconds.

What’s the Story Behind Superbugs?

Superbugs were born out of the ashes of the bacteria antibiotics killed. Survival of the fittest? They’ve got it down pat. Superbugs have evolved to be resistant to the very medicines that were created to kill them and even other versions. Some bacteria, for instance, are not only resistant to penicillin, but also to several variations of the antibiotic. (1)

In the U.S., drug-resistant superbugs infect more than 2 million people and kill at least 23,000 each year. (2) Tuberculosis, gonorrhea and pneumonia are all some of the types of diseases that can now survive antibiotic treatment.

While it might seem that antibiotics have been around forever, they’re fairly recent as far as scientific developments go. It wasn’t until 1928 that Alexander Fleming accidentally discovered penicillin. As the “magic” of antibiotics was recognized, diseases that were once a definite death sentence, like malaria and polio, were now treatable.

But as antibiotics became ubiquitous, they started being prescribed for conditions that can be treated via other methods because they work quickly. Then people began taking them for ailments that, by definition, antibiotics can’t help — you won’t recover from the common cold any quicker, for instance, with antibiotics, because antibiotics are useless against viral infections. (3)

How Superbugs Came to Be

Overprescribing antibiotics, combined with skipping doses, sharing antibiotics, not taking medicines at regular intervals as indicated and “saving some for later” are all leading to antibiotic resistance, as superbugs are created.

When someone is treated (or overtreated, as is often the case) with antibiotics, good bacteria are eliminated along with the bad. While sometimes antibiotics are necessary to eliminate diseases, if too much of the healthy bacteria that your body needs are wiped out by them, bad bacteria are able to survive, reproduce and, eventually, become immune to the very drugs meant to eradicate them.

In 2014, the World Health Organization released its first report on antibiotic resistance. It revealed that “this serious threat is no longer a prediction for the future, it is happening right now in every region of the world and has the potential to affect anyone, of any age, in any country.” (4)

As a result, the U.K. established the Review on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR). The independent body was set up to analyze the problem and propose solutions to combat antimicrobial resistance on a global scale. The results were grim. The AMR study, released in May 2016, found that without a plan that incorporates international cooperation, the world would be “cast back into the dark ages of medicine.” (5)

The report highlighted the supply and demand problem that currently exists globally. The supply of new medicines is not enough to keep up with the increase in drug resistance, as older medicines that had been taken off the market are now being used more widely and microbes have evolved to resist them.

At the same time, the study maintains, the demand for the medicines is very badly managed, with large amounts of antibiotics wasted globally on patients and animals who do not need them, which limits availability for those who can be truly helped by them.

The Superbug Threat

Right on the heels of the report’s release, a woman in the U.S. was found to be infected with bacteria that’s resistant to colistin. (6) This is significant because colistin is an antibiotic that was first released in 1959 but, in the 1980s, was abandoned because it was found to be toxic to the kidneys. (7)

Once antibiotic-resistant superbugs arrived on the scene, colistin and other drugs that were once deemed too dangerous were pulled off the shelves and used as last-resort drugs to treat patients who are immune to other drugs. Now, it seems that the superbugs have found a way to flourish even when being treated with these harsh antibiotics.

The incident likely isn’t isolated. On May 26, 2016, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services revealed that colistin-resistant bacteria had been found in an American pig. (8) As we know, we are what the animals we eat, well, eat. And while I don’t advocate eating pork, the truth of the matter is that much of the livestock raised in the U.S. is overtreated with antibiotics.

It’s certainly scary to think that if we become seriously ill, the very treatments that should be helping us can be doing more harm than good. Luckily, it’s not all doom and gloom.

The AMR report makes some excellent suggestions for stopping superbugs and reducing antibiotic resistance. It specifically calls out that there needs to be a concerted, international effort to reduce our over-reliance on antibiotics:

Fundamental change is required in the way that antibiotics are consumed and prescribed, to preserve the usefulness of existing products for longer and to reduce the urgency of discovering new ones.

Governments should be held accountable on this goal to reduce the demand for antimicrobials and in particular antibiotics, as should the main sectors that drive antibiotic consumption: healthcare systems, the pharmaceutical industry and the farming and food production industry.

In plain terms, that means the doctors overprescribing these antibiotics, the pharmaceutical companies pushing for sales and the food industries that pump their animals with unnecessary drugs need to be held responsible for their actions.

But as someone looking out for your family, is there anything you can do to help loosen the grip of antibiotics and reduce the risk of superbugs taking hold? Absolutely, you can take steps toward stopping superbugs from becoming an even greater epidemic.

How to stop superbugs - Dr. Axe

Stopping Superbugs

Here are four keys for stopping superbugs:

1. Reduce Reliance on Antibiotics

While sometimes antibiotics are necessary and lifesaving, they shouldn’t be the first line of defense. They should be used as a last-resort option. Unless essential, I encourage you to explore the many natural, non-toxic ways to treat different ailments and conditions, from natural remedies to essential oils.

2. Use Antibiotics the Right Way

If the occasion arises when antibiotics are necessary, take them properly. Take the full, prescribed course as directed. Don’t save medication for later or share with other people.

3. Don’t Skip Out on Proper Hygiene

Use good, old-fashioned soap and water — not antibacterial soaps! — to wash your hands frequently. Avoid close contact with people who are sick to reduce your risk of getting a bacterial infection. If you’re the sick person, think of those around you. Stay home from school or work, and allow yourself to recover so you don’t put others at risk.

4. Avoid Factory-Farmed Meats

Because so many antibiotics are given to animals, it’s important to choose the highest-quality meats you can find. Opt for organic when possible and speak to local butchers at your farmer’s market to find out how the livestock is raised and how they’re treated when ill. What the animals you eat have in their bodies is critical – after all, it will be in yours next.

Expect to see a lot more in the news about superbugs in the coming years. While measures also need to be taken at the government level, we can all do our part in keeping our families a little safer and stopping superbugs from multiplying.

http://draxe.com/stopping-superbugs/
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here Blue is a few ideas for your garden.

14 Cancer-Fighting Plants for Your Indoor Herb Garden

love the spring and summer growing season. However, what I especially love about my herb garden is that I can enjoy it all year round. There is something very special about having fresh herbs and spices growing on the windowsill to snip for my pesto, salads, and smoothies. I derive great pleasure from watching them grow and smelling their fresh fragrance. If you have limited or no outdoor garden space, an indoor herb garden is the perfect solution for the hungry gardener.

I grow mint, basil, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, oregano, cilantro, nasturtium, Aloe Vera, ginger, turmeric, hot pepper, and cherry tomatoes. I love the freshness of freshly cut herbs and appreciate them for their numerous health benefits in an anti-cancer diet.

Benefits of an Indoor Herb Garden

Plants tend to lose their cancer-fighting benefits the longer they’re separated from their roots, so it’s ideal to pick herbs fresh and use them immediately in your cuisine.

Then there’s the emotional aspect. When you’re growing plants to use in your food, there is a special purpose and a completed cycle. There is also a connection to life that is personally fulfilling… the excitement when the seed produces its first leaves and then develops the flowers and finally the fruit. You just can’t wait to taste the fruit of your labor − literally.

Furthermore, the flavor of homegrown organic herbs is superior to supermarket produce so your meals have an added zing that is incomparable flavor and health-wise.

How to Plan & Grow Your Own Indoor Herb Garden

So, what do you need to get started?
1.Make a plan of what you want to grow (see below for some plant suggestions).
2.Choose a windowsill in a sunny location (south or southwest exposure for six consecutive hours in the day is best).
3.Choose the types of pots you would like to use − hanging or windowsill ledge or both.
4.You will also need to find an organic plant nursery, plant food, a table, newspaper, and a day or two to accomplish the task.

I go to the organic nursery and pick out the plants that I want to grow. I buy potting soil, compost, humus, organic plant food, pots or window boxes, plant hangers, and a misting bottle.

Putting Your Herb Garden Together
1.After you get home with your purchases, gather some pebbles or small rocks to put in the base of the planters and hanging pots. Fill the bottom of each plantar/pot with a single layer of stones. This helps with drainage.
2.Next, mix the soil in a bucket with one part each of compost, potting soil, and humus. (Note: You can also buy some potting soils that already combine all of these elements). Add the soil mixture to the planters, pots, and hanging pots you’ve selected.
3.Water all the plants thoroughly, allow them to drain, and make a hole in the potting soil mixture for each plant.
4.Place the plants in the planters and press firmly around the base of the plant and soil to set them in the planter.
5.Wipe off the pots and planters and place them on the windowsill and/or install the triangular wall brackets for the hanging plants and put them on the hooks.

Ideas for What to Grow in Your Indoor Herb Garden

If you need a little inspiration, here is how I set up my own windowsill herb garden and why I choose these particular herbs and plants:

Mint is very easy to grow and goes well in a salad, smoothie, for garnishes, and many other culinary uses. It also adds a nice fragrance to the room and the flowers can be eaten for their trace minerals. There are several varieties available, but they all have similar flavors and health benefits.

Basil is important for pesto and complementing the spices in various dishes. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and tension soothing components. The aroma is very pleasant and relaxing as well.

Parsley is also nice in a window box so you might want to grow several plants and keep plenty on hand. It has many health benefits especially in salads and smoothies. Parsley is a great detoxifier and helps restore the alkaline balance in the body.

Oregano has many health benefits including immune boosting and cancer cell retarding properties. It will continue to grow all year long indoors so you can use it in many recipes. I like to give it a pot alone.

Thyme, sage, and rosemary are compatible in a box planter on the windowsill. Thyme is available in several varieties and is mostly used in salads, soups, and meat dishes. Sage is used in similar ways but is also good in tea for increasing brain function and its calming effects.

Rosemary is a nice herb for many uses in cooking, green smoothies, and aromatherapy. When you inhale the rosemary fragrance it clears your mind so it is easier to focus your thoughts.

Additionally, mint, sage, and rosemary are all high in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial components.

Cilantro is excellent for digestion and heavy metal detoxification. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, an internal deodorizer, and is loaded with vitamins and minerals. It has a unique flavor that compliments many dishes including salad recipes, pesto, gazpacho, and guacamole. Its seeds (coriander) are very aromatic as well.

Nasturtium plants can be potted and hung from a hook made for hanging from the ceiling or wall triangle. They are beautiful flowers that come in several colors. Both the flower and leaves are edible with a spicy peppery taste that adds variety, trace minerals, and beauty to many dishes.

Nasturtium can be grown from seed or plants but you must be very careful in transferring the plants to a pot as the roots are very tender. A rich soil will produce more leaves and a poor soil produces more flowers. The flowers and leaves are concentrated with vitamin C, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Nasturtium also heals infections of the throat and intestines while increasing blood circulation.

Aloe Vera is a plant that grows best in a pot on the windowsill or a plant stand near the window. This is because the spiky leaves can spread which may be too wide for the windowsill. Aloe Vera is a very important plant used for healing the skin from burns, blemishes, and scars. The inner gel is excellent to add to your smoothies (the flavor is unnoticeable) and it heals your internal tissues.

This is great if you have some damage from radiation therapy or chemo-induced tissue damage. So you want to plant more than one to be growing abundantly for daily or weekly use. Aloe is also very easy to grow and it will reproduce itself without any intervention.

Ginger (local ginger from a quality organic shop) can be placed in a glass with a toothpick going through the upper center. It should be balanced on the glass so the ginger is stable and the base is in the water to produce roots. Once the root hairs have formed the ginger can be put into the soil in a pot to develop its leaves and become a plant. After several months you can harvest some of the root while allowing the plant to continue growing.

Turmeric is cultivated in much the same way as ginger. It can also be placed directly in a pot of soil and watered regularly until the green shoots come up. Turmeric is an important anti-cancer spice and is a liver and blood purifier. It is rich in antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial, and compliments almost everything − so it’s good to have plenty on hand.

Cherry tomatoes are nice to grow and pick fresh for your salads, casseroles, or just to snack on. They should be grown in a pot with a stick in the center to give the bush support when the tomatoes begin to develop. The pot can go on the windowsill, but a plant stand is also good depending on the depth of your windowsill. These small tomatoes are rich in lycopene which is a very important anti-cancer nutrient.

Make Fresh Herbs Part of Your Anti-Cancer Diet

This exercise should be fun for you and your family to do together. It will be very rewarding when you are able to pick the herbs and tomatoes and flowers and use them in your food. If you do have outdoor space for a garden, you can follow many of these same steps. Although herbs aren’t hardy in cold temperatures, plants can be brought indoors and overwintered in your sunniest window − for your year-round enjoyment.

It may look a little intimidating, but once you get started you will find it’s not as difficult as it sounds. If you feel overwhelmed, it may help to invite some gardening friends to do it with you. I like to have planting parties where several of my gardening friends get together on a morning or afternoon. We have tea and snacks while we get our hands dirty and generally make a mess.

However, we have a lot of fun getting excited about labeling the plants, making the pots, and putting the seedlings or baby plants in their pots. We move along watering and placing them on the windowsills, and hanging them from the wall or ceiling. It is well worth the time spent when you see the plants growing and you smell the fresh herbs.

You can delight in knowing you can clip them and mix them up for your recipes and teas. Drying them at the end of the growing season is also a great way to incorporate more herbs into your diet.

After you consume the fruits you should save the seeds for future planting. Some gardeners have seeds that have been handed down from generation to generation. These seeds are referred to as heirloom seeds. Then there are those special plants that you want to preserve and grow again because the fruit was especially good.

Always choose non-GMO seeds that have a high germination rate. Keep it as simple as possible at first and plant the seeds for plants that you know you will use on a regular basis. I have listed some suggestions but you should go for the ones that are the most useful (and delicious) to you. The plants will re-oxygenate your air and most will remove toxins from your indoor environment. Although plants serve more than one purpose… eating them is the most fun!

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/indoor-herb-garden/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have spearmint, and peppermint, my lemongrass failed, and so did my 12 pack of herbs.
I love oregano, I was hoping it would come up.
There is a lot of good stuff in that, thanks .
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was ordering candies ginger for a while, it was really a nice treat, but you needed to get used to the sharp taste.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It might be difficult to find enough tazzy milk to satisfy the worlds needs.

Tasmanian devil milk kills several deadly superbugs that are resistant to existing drugs
A whole new way to fight antibiotic resistance.

Scientists have discovered that Tasmanian devil milk contains an arsenal of antimicrobial compounds that can kill some of the most deadly bacterial and fungal infections known to science - including golden staph.

Tasmanian devils were found to produce six different types of these antimicrobial compounds - humans produce just one - and scientists were able to successfully synthesise them in the lab to test their effectiveness against a number of drug-resistant bacterial and fungal pathogens.

When tested against 25 different bacterial and six fungal strains, the six varieties of antimicrobial compounds were found to kill golden staph (Staphylococcus aureus) - responsible for food poisoning, pneumonia, and toxic shock syndrome - and Enterococcus, which can cause urinary tract infections and meningitis.

The compounds also killed Candida krusei - a rare yeast species associated with high mortality - and the deadly and hyper-virulent airborne fungus called Cryptococcus gattii.

"It was really exciting," one of the team, Emma Peel from the University of Sydney in Australia, told Bridie Smith at The Sydney Morning Herald. "We showed that these devil peptides kill multi-drug resistant bacteria, which is really cool."

For the uninitiated, Tasmanian devils are a species of carnivorous marsupial found in the wild only on the Australian island state of Tasmania. Around the size of a small dog, they’re the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world.

Tasmanian devils are currently under serious threat from devil facial tumour disease (DFTD) - a highly infectious parasitic facial cancer that’s wiped out more than 70 percent of the species.

But while this disease has been wreaking havoc on the population over the past two decades, it appears the species is actually developing its own resistance to DFTD.

And that's not the only indication of this Australian species' incredible toughness - Tasmanian devil joeys are born without primary immune tissues, and they don't develop proper antibody-mediated immunity until around 90 days old. And yet, somehow they survive their mother's pouch, which is positively teeming with bacteria.

Researchers aren't entirely sure how tiny, weak babies with lacking immune systems can survive such an environment, but antimicrobial peptides in their mother's milk and pouch lining could be key.

When Peel and her team scanned the Tasmanian devil’s genome and analysed the molecular structure of the milk, they found six naturally occurring antimicrobial peptides in the cathelicidins family that were "three to six times more effective" against a range of fungal infections than a common anti-fungal medication.

Two varieties of peptides - Saha-CATH5 and Saha-CATH6 - have been singled out for being particularly effective in killing bacteria that are harmful to humans.

"Of the six characterised cathelicidins, Saha-CATH5 and 6 have broad-spectrum antibacterial activity and are capable of killing problematic human pathogens," the team concludes.

With drug resistant infections expected to kill more people than cancer each year if things keep going as they are, we need a solution, and fast. The researchers are now investigating if the synthetic version of these peptides can be used safely in humans

"These peptides are killing superbugs, so there is potential for future development into antibiotics," Peel told ABC News.

"That is the next step for our research, to see if these peptides have anti-cancer potential, if they are killing superbugs maybe they could kill the facial tumour."

The study has been published in Scientific Reports.

http://www.sciencealert.com/tasmanian-d ... ting-drugs
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I saw this last week, sad it don't help those cancers that's killing them right now.

As for the odd stuff, Camel Milk is very good for you.
"Camel milk has more fat and protein than cow's milk. Cholesterol in camel milk is lower than cow or goat milk. Camel milk has a high vitamin and mineral content and immunoglobin content. ... It is also high in unsaturated fatty acids and B vitamins but lower in vitamin A and B2 (than cow milk)."
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

How does it taste I wonder.