10th Summer in my apartment is on!

RDL

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018... yep that'll be 10 summers :stars:

Sat May 5 I saw a fire show in Centennial Square where performers were literally playing with fire :stars:

Fri May 11 I will be attending a yearly open mic night at the Leonardo da Vinci Centre :stars:

Sat May 12 I will be attending a yearly DJ dance at the Leonardo da Vinci Centre :stars:

Mon May 21 I will be at the Victoria Day Parade :stars:

July 1 is always Canada Day fireworks :stars:

July 4 is always Port Angeles 4th of July fireworks visible from Ogden Point :stars:

The Sunday before the first Monday in August is always the Symphony Splash fireworks :stars:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

WOW 10 years, i only been here around 50, almost 51 years :laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

Oh God, I couldn't imagine living with my parents for half a century :wacko:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's not like I wanted to be here, my dad was sick, and they both needed my help.
This house would be on the ground if not for me.
i wouldn't even be in this state.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

Here's what's been going on in my life:

The cute younger hetero guy at the food court that I had a crush on is gone... his last day of work was May 27...
I know he was hetero, but still, it was fun to fantasize about him...
RDL

Saturday night I walked up Government Street, and I saw the fireworks coming from the Victoria Harbourcats baseball game at Royal Athletic Park...

Sunday night I walked down Government Street, and I saw the Victoria Cycling Series near the BC Legislature...
RDL

June 24 will be my 5 year anniversary of joining Al-Anon Family Groups... a 12-step fellowship for friends and relatives of alcoholics... I initially started going there because I was concerned about the guy I lost my virginity to...

But then I realized that there were other alcoholics in my life... my great-grandfather was an alcoholic... my brother who is 11 months older than me has already admitted to being a heavy drinker... though he hasn't hit rock bottom yet...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's hard to compensate for quitting, a lot get that sugar addiction, and others just become mean.
I'm glad I never started, but had a sugar addiction for most my life likely because I would be an alcoholic.
I had family that where bad drinkers, thankfully not in my direct family.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.