Shadow Government

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Shadow Government

I read a very interesting book a few months ago Shadow Government by Grant Jeffery. This book covered how this surveilance trap is being set. Things are changing fast. When I returned to Canada the last time I was questioned about how I earn my money . I had to tell some person these questions before being allowed into my country. I couldn't believe it. When I hitchiked through the western USA when I was 19 years oldj I wasn't even asked my name when I crossed the border in Alberta.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-p ... 36653.html

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Shadow Government

I have transferred so much money over the years that the government has a close eye on me, especially with the guns I own.
My bank last month had to call me asking questions about transfers, and wanted me to file a paper for them.
I put none of your business on it. :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Anything over $10.000 is questioned.
They say it's for records, but it's part of the Drug war, and for the IRS to be in your business.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There are cameras on every bus, cameras are everywhere. It also seems that they are trying to demonise cash. If everything is electronic then there is a record of every little thing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

All a way to track you, and what you spend you money on. I here also that just about any camera that's not hardwired is accessible by government, even your web cam.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Wait till they chip you. It's the future.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not me, they will be wasting their time. It they was to chip me they better put it deep, I would cut it out.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote:Not me, they will be wasting their time. It they was to chip me they better put it deep, I would cut it out.
They went door to door to each and every American residence(rather they liked it or not) and did that GPS thing. In 2 decades if they decide that each and every citizen need a chip, it'll then be illegal not to have one in ya. We have all read 1984. Also, war is and was always to control mankind. Just like in 1984. If no war, then they'll give you the hunger games :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:facepalm: The only people who need chips is pedos, rapist, and other bad people. I doubt people would stand for it on mass unless it's a fear tactic not to have them.
Copper mesh clothing would beat the signal :teehe:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Well, people like convenience. They already have chips in some smartphones where you tap your phone to pay. Scanning your hand or wrist to pay for groceries and/or to show your ID, people will like that.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It appears that this "chipping" may not actually be so far off in the future after all

Wear Radio Chip Or Leave, School Tells Students

http://www.wnd.com

Brushing aside privacy concerns by parents and civil rights activists, a Texas school district has gone live with a controversial program requiring all students to wear a locator radio chip that will enable officials to track their every move
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

GuardianFlash wrote:Well, people like convenience. They already have chips in some smartphones where you tap your phone to pay. Scanning your hand or wrist to pay for groceries and/or to show your ID, people will like that.
Most credit cards already have them also, and the bad thing is people can read them with a cheap electronic tool standing right next to you without you knowing.
I have to be honest here, some people need tracked like I mentioned above with criminals like pedophiles.
Also Alzheimer's patients, and some mentally disabled.
Wouldn't you want to know where your kid may be, especially if abducted. :unsure:
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Blue Frost wrote::facepalm: The only people who need chips is pedos, rapist, and other bad people. I doubt people would stand for it on mass unless it's a fear tactic not to have them.
Copper mesh clothing would beat the signal :teehe:
I don't want one, most won't either, it's going too far... they think they're going to chip older people as well do they, ones who lived thru the war... it's disgusting. I bet all is, is about keeping track of the money. :down:
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Gary Oak wrote:There are cameras on every bus, cameras are everywhere. It also seems that they are trying to demonise cash. If everything is electronic then there is a record of every little thing.
Exact same thing in the UK. :kez: Starting to feel like that 1960s series "The prisoner"... he couldn't move without being monitored.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Court OKs Warrantless Use Of Hidden Surveillance Cameras

I believe that the north American idolising of the character,adventurous nature and hardness of the pioneers had alot do with the greatness of North America. Europeans like to stick their noses up at us like we are a bunch of trailor trash ...with nooooo culture however it is my experience overseas that Americans are actually considerably more decent than people from most European nations. Now as I have mentioned in other posts I have been learning Canadian history and though Canada had few rules ourselves back in the 1800's whenever the Americans came they couldn't bear even just the few rules that we had. Now the USA is a police state. Could the writers of the American constitution ever imagined what is going on in America now ?

Court OKs Warrantless Use Of Hidden Surveillance Cameras

http://news.cnet.com/

Police are allowed in some circumstances to install hidden surveillance cameras on private property without obtaining a search warrant, a federal judge said yesterday.

CNET has learned that U.S. District Judge William Griesbach ruled that it was reasonable for Drug Enforcement Administration agents to enter rural property without permission -- and without a warrant -- to install multiple "covert digital surveillance cameras" in hopes of uncovering evidence that 30 to 40 marijuana plants were being grown.

This is the latest case to highlight how advances in technology are causing the legal system to rethink how Americans' privacy rights are protected by law.

In January, the Supreme Court rejected warrantless GPS tracking after previously rejecting warrantless thermal imaging, but it has not yet ruled on warrantless cell phone tracking or warrantless use of surveillance cameras placed on private property without permission.

Yesterday Griesbach adopted a recommendation by U.S. Magistrate Judge William Callahan dated October 9.

That recommendation said that the DEA's warrantless surveillance did not violate the Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable searches and requires that warrants describe the place that's being searched.

"The Supreme Court has upheld the use of technology as a substitute for ordinary police surveillance," Callahan wrote.

Two defendants in the case, Manuel Mendoza and Marco Magana of Green Bay, Wis., have been charged with federal drug crimes after DEA agent Steven Curran claimed to have discovered more than 1,000 marijuana plants grown on the property, and face possible life imprisonment and fines of up to $10 million.

Mendoza and Magana asked Callahan to throw out the video evidence on Fourth Amendment grounds, noting that "No Trespassing" signs were posted throughout the heavily wooded, 22-acre property owned by Magana and that it also had a locked gate.

Callahan based his reasoning on a 1984 Supreme Court case called Oliver v. United States, in which a majority of the justices said that "open fields" could be searched without warrants because they're not covered by the Fourth Amendment.
What lawyers call "curtilage," on the other hand, meaning the land immediately surrounding a residence, still has greater privacy protections.

"Placing a video camera in a location that allows law enforcement to record activities outside of a home and beyond protected curtilage does not violate the Fourth Amendment," Justice Department prosecutors James Santelle and William Lipscomb told Callahan.

As digital sensors become cheaper and wireless connections become more powerful, the Justice Department's argument would allow police to install cameras on private property without court oversight -- subject only to budgetary limits and political pressure.

About four days after the DEA's warrantless installation of surveillance cameras, a magistrate judge did subsequently grant a warrant. But attorneys for Mendoza and Magana noticed that the surveillance took place before the warrant was granted.

"That one's actions could be recorded on their own property, even if the property is not within the curtilage, is contrary to society's concept of privacy," wrote Brett Reetz, Magana's attorney, in a legal filing last month.

"The owner and his guest... had reason to believe that their activities on the property were not subject to video surveillance as it would constitute a violation of privacy."

A jury trial has been scheduled for January 22.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It better be hidden good, Ill shot it lol
People will let so much go as long as they have chips, and reality tv, it's so pathetic.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mind's Eye Surveillance To Watch, Identify And Predict

Change seems to be happening at an exer increasing rate

Mind's Eye Surveillance To Watch, Identify And Predict Human Behavior From Video

http://news.cnet.com/

If a person holding a gun were to walk up to you, what might you think would happen next? Researchers from Carnegie Mellon have created intelligent software that will identify human activities in videos and then predict what might happen next.

It should come as little surprise that the spookily named 'Mind's Eye' program is sponsored by DARPA's Information Innovation Office.

"A truly 'smart' camera would be able to describe with words everything it sees and reason about what it cannot see," said DARPA.

Visually intelligent technology previously 'thought' in terms of nouns to describe a scene, but Carnegie Mellon researchers have made smart software that can also think in terms of action verbs. "A video shows a woman carrying a box into a building.

Later, it shows her leaving the building without it. What was she doing?" asked Carnegie Mellon University.

The Mind's Eye software "will compare the video motion to actions it's already been trained to recognize (such as walk, jump, and stand) and identify patterns of actions such as pick up and carry.

The software examines these patterns to infer what the person in the video is doing. It also makes predictions about what is likely to happen next and can guess at activities that might be obscured or occur off-camera."

Carnegie Mellon University's National Robotics Engineering Center explained the image below as: "The Mind's Eye program will automate video analysis - recognizing current behavior, interpolating actions that occur off-camera, and predicting future behavior."

The next step is to make the 'Cognitive Engine' even smarter.

According to the report "Using Ontologies in a Cognitive-Grounded System: Automatic Action Recognition in Video Surveillance", the researchers "plan to extend the system functionalities in order to support a wider range of action verbs and run tests on a large video dataset."

DARPA explained, "In the first 18 months of the program, Mind's Eye demonstrated fundamentally new capabilities in visual intelligence, including the ability of automated systems to recognize actions they had never seen, describe observed events using simple text messages, and flag anomalous behaviors."

Carnegie Mellon is one of twelve research teams and three commercial integrators participating in the five-year Mind's Eye Program.

Previously, BRS Labs had the "smartest AI suspicious behavioral recognition system" with "the capability to learn from what it observes, remember activity patterns and adjust to changes in the environment, field of view and equipment - without manual interaction."

Phys reported that the Carnegie Mellon "researchers' approach is designed to help prevent crimes or dangerous events from happening."

The newest visually intelligent software "system would eventually sound an alarm if it recognized that an action was not permitted, detecting anomalous behaviors.

One example of such a scenario would be the cameras at an airport or bus station, flagging a bag abandoned for more than a few minutes." This Army-funded AI research was disclosed "at the Semantic Technology for Intelligence, Defense, and Security conference at George Mason University."

The Mind's Eye system could potentially be used to analyze live drone footage.

Who knows, it might even be integrated to work with the unblinking surveillance stare of the Army's 7-story flying football field-sized blimp?

It will likely be embraced in the future by the police and by the military to keep soldiers out of harm's way.

It might have home security applications, watching the surveillance video and alerting home owners with a text message before burglars break in.

On the creepy privacy invasion side of the coin, it's one more surveillance technology hunting suspicious behavior.

Let's hope the researchers get it right because when added to social media surveillance helping the government read your mind and future TSA plans to track all 'daily travels to work, grocery store and social events', the future surveillance society world could have a very Orwellian no-privacy flavor.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The next step in Mind reading without doing it I guess.
I wonder how long till the algorithms are perfected enough that they can sell you anything with it, and shoot advertising right at you.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Eavesdroping On Buses Soon

This has already begun in Baltimore and is set to be used on all their buses soon. How long is it before this is being done our buses ? When is enough going to be enough ?

MTA Recording Bus Conversations To Eavesdrop On Trouble

http://articles.baltimoresun.com

A Maryland Transit Administration decision to record the conversations of bus drivers and passengers to investigate crimes, accidents and poor customer service has come under attack from privacy advocates and state lawmakers who say it may go too far.

The first 10 buses
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote:The next step in Mind reading without doing it I guess.
I wonder how long till the algorithms are perfected enough that they can sell you anything with it, and shoot advertising right at you.
If there's such thing as using your mind to do things(such as pay for groceries and make phone calls), then you'll be very vulnerable. Your mind can be controlled easily.