Turns out all is well at the internet cafe...

RDL

I was able to get back on, no problem...

RDL

Anyway, a week or so ago I had a blowup at the Serious Coffee in Esquimalt... tried to get a butter chicken wrap... cashier led me to believe the mango chutney wasn't extra... turns out it was so I decided not to get it... then he didn't have sufficient change, so I wanted my $10 bill back... cashier and supervisor spent 5-10 minutes trying to figure out how to refund my money... I made a punching gesture... I got my $10 bill back and left...
RDL

No more internet at GT Hiring Solutions (job search facility) for me, at least not while I'm currently employed at the food court...

GT Hiring Solutions switched over to a BCeID online identification system, which is too complicated for me to figure out...

And even if I could figure it out, I don't want my computer usage tied to my other provincial government stuff, like my disability payments and my medical records...
RDL

I've got a few community centres in mind, as far as accessing the internet is concerned, if I ever do lose access to Lotteria Karaoke for good...

This last month has been scary and lonely...
RDL

I've found stability through work, meetings, and family...

I've found fun through listening to music, drinking alcohol, and have even started experimenting with over-the-counter medicines...

I took Reactine several times this week for my allergies, knowing that it would interact with my risperidone and my high blood pressure medicines...

I got so drowsy that I had to call in sick on Sunday, nearly bumped into some customers on Thursday, and had to call in sick again on Friday...
RDL

Liquor stores close at 11pm, Shoppers Drug Mart (which sells mouthwash) closes at 12pm, but 7/11 (which sells over-the-counter medicines) is open 24/7...

So, even if I miss out on alcohol, imagine all the fun I can have with other stuff...
RDL

Anyway, my income tax refund wasn't as big as I was expecting...

I got my income tax overpayment, my Canada Pension Plan overpayment, but not an Employment Insurance overpayment...

Apparently I read the word 'overpayment' and assumed it meant 'contribution'...

Apparently I also read the words 'see this line in the guide' and assumed it meant 'see this line on the T4 forms and write it down'...

Oh well... I still got a decent refund...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hi RDL, happy April, I hope it's being good to you.

I had to pay $350 to file my taxes, and got nothing back, but owed nothing also thankfully.
A few years back I was paying 5-10 k in taxes at tax time not counting what they took during the year.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

I haven't paid anyone to do my personal taxes in years! It's really not that hard if you take your time with it...

My corporate taxes, on the other hand, I pay someone to do those... It's a little more complex.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I miss when I could still do my own, when I got on at Ford it got complicated fast, and even the tax people had issues.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Our personal income tax filing system isn't too difficult to navigate... They even give you a little help booklet. Even if you would happen to make a mistake, they would end up fixing the numbers for you.

That said, many people still pay a place like H&R Block to file them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Here they give you a form with arrows, and little hints at how to mess thing up since there was other arrows pointing to other things. :wacko:
Mel Gibson

H&R Block and the Accountants would hate it if they simplified the tax filing process so most people could simply just do it themselves!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I did my own taxes up till 1995, and then it got really complicated.
I'm trying to find a way to simplify it again.
If not for my investments I wouldn't be required to file at all since I don't make a lot.
RDL

This is my third four-day work week :)

Normally I work Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon, but this week I took Thursday off to go to a couple of memorial services :(

The first service was at noon... it wasn't so much a memorial service, as it was a memorial meeting for someone with long-term sobriety who died of old-age-related health problems... I kinda knew him, but he was more of an acquaintance than a friend...

The second service was at 2pm... it was for former Oak Bay mayor Nils Jensen, who died of cancer just 6 months after losing the October 2018 municipal election... I didn't know him personally, but I felt I needed to be there, to hob-nob with other local public figures I've seen in the media... you know, since I'm kind of a legend at the mall food court and was once a legend with my sign walker jobs... came within feet of BC Green Party leader Andrew Weaver, Victoria city Councillor Laurel Collins, and former Victoria city Councillor Chris Coleman...
RDL

And I finally figured out how to access and print off pay stubs at the internet cafe... all I had to do was click a button and allow pop-ups from the pay stub website...

Now I don't have to go searching for other places to access the internet...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I felt like I needed a memorial service this morning, feel much better now with just a mild migraine :wacko:

Enjoy the time off RDL
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

RDL wrote: April 7th, 2019, 12:05 am Liquor stores close at 11pm, Shoppers Drug Mart (which sells mouthwash) closes at 12pm, but 7/11 (which sells over-the-counter medicines) is open 24/7...

So, even if I miss out on alcohol, imagine all the fun I can have with other stuff...
For realz? Nasty. Stay away from that shit.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.