..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

..Guns Guns & More Guns

A nuclear rifle..

Ideal weapon for home defense.

Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

It failed because it couldn't deliver it's payload far enough away to prevent the troops from getting irradiated!
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Mel Gibson wrote: April 7th, 2019, 11:01 pm It failed because it couldn't deliver it's payload far enough away to prevent the troops from getting irradiated!
Just stay up-wind.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I use this on Fallout 4 :laugh: killed myself so many times just hitting a wire, or tin can hanging on a string.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Odinson wrote: April 7th, 2019, 11:19 pm Just stay up-wind.
Not sure in time of war if it's always logistically possible to place yer troops in the ideal wind direction!

I believe with the Tsar Bomba, there was even a question as to whether the drop plane could even fly outta the blast zone in time!
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: March 26th, 2019, 3:03 pm Yes, those are purdy, would love a stock like those on one of my ARs
NO!

AR's are like Glock's... Can only be plastic and metal. You must accept this fact.

I can get away with putting some Nill's wood on my CZ, but already there I am pushing serious limits.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Oh hell no, don't even compare the two

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

..Guns Guns & More Guns

If you have trouble sleeping.. Try this.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Just skimming through that, it is a little relaxing. :)
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

And just like that Semi-Auto rifles are now banned in New Zealand.

Unlike Canada, which historically has Grandfathered current owners when changes are made, New Zealand simply went the route of other Commonwealth nations and just banned them all...

They will implement a 'buy back' scheme, and all owners are expected to bring in their semi-auto's for destruction I would assume, and they will be compensated what government deems 'fair market value' for their guns...

Buy back scheme could cost government up to $200,000,000.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

They asked a mob boss in New Zealand if he will turn his guns in, he said no :laugh:
So, who turns their guns in, the people who are not going to commit crimes. :wacko:
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: April 17th, 2019, 11:49 pm They asked a mob boss in New Zealand if he will turn his guns in, he said no :laugh:
So, who turns their guns in, the people who are not going to commit crimes. :wacko:
Yup!

I suppose on the other hand though, the mob boss technically does have a legitimate reason to keep guns handy! :laugh:

Was having a discussion on another forum with an American gun owner about New Zealand, and he just couldn't understand how they could come and take the guns... He had a hard time understanding that pretty much only the US has the right to keep and bear arms written into the constitution, and every other nation simply must run by the rules their governments decide to implement at the time... explaining that owning guns is similar to legally owning and driving a car, with the government being able to issue to you, and also take away, your drivers licence.

This is something that he could not grasp, even though I attempted to explain with clarity.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Oh the mob boss said that he needed them because his competitors.
The thing is though, criminals don't follow the law anyhow, and would be one will find a way to be a criminal.

had a dream last night that I built my own gun from parts in my garage, now if real I could rob a bank with it, or kill anyone I came across.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

The only saving grace in this country, is that long guns aren't registered here anymore, and the records have been destroyed.

So, technically they don't know who would have what when it comes to long guns.

Handguns, on the other hand, are registered here, and for those they know who owns what... At least for the legal owners anyhow.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I can see background checks for all guns, but registration not so much. The stores here have to keep files on the guns sold so registration isn't important.
As for them needing to know they can ask the company to whom they sold the guns to, and then go to the store.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: April 19th, 2019, 1:18 am I can see background checks for all guns, but registration not so much. The stores here have to keep files on the guns sold so registration isn't important.
As for them needing to know they can ask the company to whom they sold the guns to, and then go to the store.
The stores here will do the same thing.

However, since long guns aren't registered anymore, I could sell a long gun to another person who holds a licence. If I sell, this is not recorded anymore.

So, as it stands, they come for the long guns, I don't have any since I sold them all to some dude! :wink: Which dude? I can't remember! The only requirement on my part is to view that his license is valid.

No background checks required here when these transactions are done, as the possession of the licence itself means you already have been cleared to own.

As a bonus, our current laws (unlike other Commonwealth nations) do not permit the police entry into your dwelling to check on your guns.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

I was looking for a way to buy a Turkish pistol years back, and it was sold in Canada, not the US. To bad you couldn't sell across the border by mail.
People here sell person to person all the time, no checks, or paperwork. If there was one gun law that would make since it would be you need to have a dealer do a background check for those sales.
But still criminals are not going to care, or get a background check.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: April 20th, 2019, 2:59 am I was looking for a way to buy a Turkish pistol years back, and it was sold in Canada, not the US. To bad you couldn't sell across the border by mail.
People here sell person to person all the time, no checks, or paperwork. If there was one gun law that would make since it would be you need to have a dealer do a background check for those sales.
But still criminals are not going to care, or get a background check.
There are a few firearms that are sold here that are not available in the US, but export at an individual level of a pistol is a costly mess of paperwork at best.

The only way I could think of to make this possible, would be for you to obtain a Canadian Firearms Licence. Yes, there is nothing stopping an American from obtaining one, provided you follow the same steps that we have to, and pass them... Residency is not a requirement for our gun licences (which is quite contrary to US laws). Not completely uncommon for a US citizen to have a Canadian PAL (gun license)... This allows you to buy and possess guns & ammo freely while here without undue burden of paperwork, which to a regular cross border hunter greatly simplifies their experience here.

If you obtain licence, you are free to come here and buy whatever you want. While this would cover you on the Canadian side, I am not familiar with your own laws, and how they would view you entering back into the US with a pistol, especially a pistol that they would know you can't purchase there!

Plenty of questions that I really can't provide solid legal advice on!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

..Guns Guns & More Guns

:laugh: That would be even more costly, I'm in Kentucky, I would have to fly, then bring somehow have the gun mailed to a dealer for transfer anyhow unless I become a dealer which cost a lot, and gives government reason to come into my home, and go through everything.
Mel Gibson

..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: April 20th, 2019, 3:16 am :laugh: That would be even more costly, I'm in Kentucky, I would have to fly, then bring somehow have the gun mailed to a dealer for transfer anyhow unless I become a dealer which cost a lot, and gives government reason to come into my home, and go through everything.
There's really no easy way... Both countries make things difficult in this aspect.

A good example of this, is that I live five minutes from the border. Deals are to be had if I cross, even if it's for ammo. While I am fully vetted by my Government to own guns & ammo via background checks, mandatory gun education class, etc., this means nothing in the US.

I could be in big trouble if I was found to be in possession of even ammo in the US. I can import ammo from Canadian perspective, but I'm fucked if caught with it in the US before I make it back to border!

Even some non-essential gun parts I cannot posses there, and I too have no choice but to pay hugely jacked up shipping costs only through 'approved' sellers...